ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9179696)
Yeah I bet Jamal Charles has completely forgot about it by then. DJ too.

Public and national media perception, come on this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Marco Polo 12-04-2012 11:01 AM

DRAFT GENO SMITH - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I'm echoing what another suggested; let's focus on the QB we want in case we don't get the #1 pick.

philfree 12-04-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9179720)
Public and national media perception, come on this is exactly what I'm talking about.

That's fine but there are others involved that aren't in those groups. Players specificly. If i'm Charles and I see a banner that might be enough for me to say screw these fans please trade me. He might want thast anyway all things considered. That said I don't think the national media will approve.

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9179745)
That's fine but there are others involved that aren't in those groups. Players specificly. If i'm Charles and I see a banner that might be enough for me to say screw these fans please trade me. He might want thast anyway all things considered. That said I don't think the national media will approve.

It's the last game to say something, it can be done it just depends what type of "chatter" is coming from the media in the upcoming 3 weeks. It's all about keeping the talk up concerning Pioli needing to be fired. If that shit changes ( sympathy for the regime needing to stay), we need to say something in one avenue or another.

philfree 12-04-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9179765)
It's the last game to say something, it can be done it just depends what type of "chatter" is coming from the media in the upcoming 3 weeks. It's all about keeping the talk up concerning Pioli needing to be fired. If that shit changes ( sympathy for the regime needing to stay), we need to say something in one avenue or another.


Clark has all the info he needs at this point so I doubt the media is going to have an effect on his decision making. And I do think flying another banner will make the SOC movement look bad and the last memory is the one that will stick. I guess if it reads something like John 3-16 Save Our Chiefs it might not come off so jerky. I wouldn't fly period though if it were my decision.

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9179828)
Clark has all the info he needs at this point so I doubt the media is going to have an effect on his decision making.


Again, he musty be shown that the sentiment hasn't changed, especially with the extension rumor. Memory is a fickle thing for businessmen trying to pull one over with the consumers. Something must be said

patteeu 12-04-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9179696)
Yeah I bet Jamal Charles has completely forgot about it by then. DJ too.

It doesn't really matter what the players think of it.

patteeu 12-04-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9179738)
DRAFT GENO SMITH - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I'm echoing what another suggested; let's focus on the QB we want in case we don't get the #1 pick.

If you're going this route, you're better off keeping it more generic, IMO.

DRAFT A QUARTERBACK - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

or even

DRAFT A FIRST ROUND QB - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM.

bevischief 12-04-2012 12:22 PM

It is still too fresh in everyone's mind right now to make a decision yet.

philfree 12-04-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9179923)
It doesn't really matter what the players think of it.

It might not make a difference in what happens in regards to Pioli but it might make players say screw these fans and they'll want to play elsewhere. Jamal Charles especially. We hear that players and coaches don't want to come here anyway because of management. Do we want to add the fans into that equation?

patteeu 12-04-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9180025)
It might not make a difference in what happens in regards to Pioli but it might make players say screw these fans and they'll want to play elsewhere. Jamal Charles especially. We hear that players and coaches don't want to come here anyway because of management. Do we want to add the fans into that equation?

I don't think it's a factor at all.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9179084)
Change springs hope- SaveOurChiefs.com

We'll have to milk the hope line


but, this very touch and go, in the eyes of the public. We have to use insinuation for Firing Pioli because of the circumstances and using Clark's name is out the window too.

This.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9179665)
In general people/media have the attention spans similar to 3 year olds, within 3 weeks which will be the Indy game the Belcher story will subside. Thus, is when activities should buildup for one last time but not as aggressive as before though. Objectively this whole situation is pretty ****ed up because now Pioli can play the sympathy card to direct attention away from the shitty job he's done. Which includes signing Belcher, an unstable asshole to be a part of the right 53.

And this.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9179745)
That's fine but there are others involved that aren't in those groups. Players specificly. If i'm Charles and I see a banner that might be enough for me to say screw these fans please trade me. He might want thast anyway all things considered. That said I don't think the national media will approve.

If Jamaal Charles has a problem with the fans wanting to fire Scott Pioli, Jamaal Charles can leave with him.

Seriously.

That's not his job nor is it his concern.

philfree 12-04-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9180939)
If Jamaal Charles has a problem with the fans wanting to fire Scott Pioli, Jamaal Charles can leave with him.

Seriously.

That's not his job nor is it his concern.


It's not about weather Charles has a problem with fans wanting to fire Pioli. It would be more about what Charles thinks about the fans who continue to fly banners calling for Pioli's head after the awful thing that just happened. And Pioli witnessed. And not just Charles but other players as well. It might not matter to any of them but if I were in that situation as a player I wouldn't like it. IMO flying the banners again will shed bad light on SOC.

NJChiefsFan 12-04-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9179665)
In general people/media have the attention spans similar to 3 year olds, within 3 weeks which will be the Indy game the Belcher story will subside. Thus, is when activities should buildup for one last time but not as aggressive as before though. Objectively this whole situation is pretty ****ed up because now Pioli can play the sympathy card to direct attention away from the shitty job he's done. Which includes signing Belcher, an unstable asshole to be a part of the right 53.

Great example, the national media's hate of us for cheering Cassel being hurt. Nobody gives one damn about that, and didn't prior to this weekends events.

alnorth 12-04-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9179934)
DRAFT A QUARTERBACK - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I endorse this suggestion. We've yelled and pounded the fire pioli drum so many times, the media will yawn. This banner might make some news.

alnorth 12-04-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9179738)
DRAFT GENO SMITH - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I'm echoing what another suggested; let's focus on the QB we want in case we don't get the #1 pick.

Thats good too, would probably spur some reaction

In58men 12-04-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9180939)
If Jamaal Charles has a problem with the fans wanting to fire Scott Pioli, Jamaal Charles can leave with him.

Seriously.

That's not his job nor is it his concern.

Yeah screw all of our good players. I wouldn't be surprised if the players did feel disrespected. You can sit there and say good then they can go with Pioli. That's not going to help lol. We'll be taking another step backwards

Hammock Parties 12-04-2012 10:07 PM

If Charles is too shortsighted to see that we're doing this because we WANT HIM TO WIN A SUPER BOWL, he can leave, too, I agree.

I'd trade 3 Jamaals for a franchise QB.

patteeu 12-04-2012 10:46 PM

No player is going to be bothered by a banner with a reasonable message flying over the parking lot before gametime. It's not even an issue.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2012 10:47 PM

Jamaal can **** himself. He will be a broke dick RB in 1-2.anyways and is no way part of this franchise going forward anyway. That dumb ****er needs to shut his stupid ass mouth.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9181651)
No player is going to be bothered by a banner with a reasonable message flying over the parking lot before gametime. It's not even an issue.

Who cares if those losers are bothered by it anyway. If they didn't suck so.****ing bad we wouldn't be here. 85% of these guys can leave and **** themselves. There isn't a player on the chiefs good enough to.win the Superbowl anyways.

NJChiefsFan 12-04-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9181654)
Jamaal can **** himself. He will be a broke dick RB in 1-2.anyways and is no way part of this franchise going forward anyway. That dumb ****er needs to shut his stupid ass mouth.

Hold on now. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure Charles has said nothing about our banners. It was just brought up as a hypothetical.

patteeu 12-04-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9181667)
Who cares if those losers are bothered by it anyway. If they didn't suck so.****ing bad we wouldn't be here. 85% of these guys can leave and **** themselves. There isn't a player on the chiefs good enough to.win the Superbowl anyways.

I made the same point earlier in the thread. I don't think any player will be bothered, but if one of them is, I don't think we should care about it.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9181680)
Hold on now. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure Charles has said nothing about our banners. It was just brought up as a hypothetical.

oh okay... well just in case....

Besides he is done in KC. unless we change Gm and HC he has no shot at anything meaningful and is more than likely washed up soon anyways

RB is the easiest and most replaceable position in the NFL. RB's are a dime a dozen and the least amount of investment for any team...

patteeu 12-04-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9181680)
Hold on now. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure Charles has said nothing about our banners. It was just brought up as a hypothetical.

Right. There's zero reason to believe that Jamaal Charles cares one way or another about SOC's banners or about what SOC decides to do at the Indy game.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9181690)
I made the same point earlier in the thread. I don't think any player will be bothered, but if one of them is, I don't think we should care about it.

Fair enough... Besides we are 2-3 years away from anything meaningful or 6+ years if they keep Pioli....

Groves 12-04-2012 11:02 PM

Here's how it will play out in the media:

They will take whatever we write, and spin it in the way that gives them the most advantage.

This usually, but not always, entails them selecting as its meaning the most controversial meaning they can squeeze out of it.

Back when "fire PIOLI" had zing, they gladly ran with it, and we loved it.

This go around, they will have much juicer controversy to squeeze out of our little banner, and we probably won't like it.

I'm all for a banner, but as others have said, we'll need to wait and take the temperature closer to game time.

Phobia 12-05-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9181695)
Right. There's zero reason to believe that Jamaal Charles cares one way or another about SOC's banners or about what SOC decides to do at the Indy game.

Wait. The mayor of KC seems to think unruly fans somehow contributed to Belcher's mind in a statement to the press at Arrowhead Saturday.

Marcellus 12-05-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9181654)
Jamaal can **** himself. He will be a broke dick RB in 1-2.anyways and is no way part of this franchise going forward anyway. That dumb ****er needs to shut his stupid ass mouth.

:hmmm: Irony dripping from this post.

patteeu 12-05-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9181922)
Wait. The mayor of KC seems to think unruly fans somehow contributed to Belcher's mind in a statement to the press at Arrowhead Saturday.

Yeah, that was pretty absurd. That guy is a dope.

007 12-05-2012 07:55 AM

INteresting that this thread pulls up crockpot slowcookers as the advertisement at the bottom.

Buehler445 12-05-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9179738)
DRAFT GENO SMITH - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I'm echoing what another suggested; let's focus on the QB we want in case we don't get the #1 pick.

Disagree. Pioli is the problem. Under no circumstance should our message veer from fire Pioli.

Tribal Warfare 12-05-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9182102)
Disagree. Pioli is the problem. Under no circumstance should our message veer from fire Pioli.

I concur

Easy 6 12-05-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9181922)
Wait. The mayor of KC seems to think unruly fans somehow contributed to Belcher's mind in a statement to the press at Arrowhead Saturday.

:facepalm:

Sly is Stupid.

durtyrute 12-05-2012 01:21 PM

I blame some people on here for saying we should have drafted his replacement last year, heartless bastards.

DaKCMan AP 12-05-2012 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Front page of ESPN:


<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:8710168&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

O.city 12-05-2012 02:47 PM

If you haven't yet you should read that article dakc just posted. Mad props to soc

DaFace 12-05-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9182971)
If you haven't yet you should read that article dakc just posted. Mad props to soc

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...-town-mourning

Mr. Flopnuts 12-05-2012 03:10 PM

They really gave us some love. Shaggy Shane with a mention in there as well. Crazy week in KC...

Phobia 12-05-2012 06:04 PM

That's Liz. She was at the star covering the Chiefs during Vermeil's last year, which was the same time I was with Warpaint. She left shortly thereafter for ESPN. She's a vastly underrated story-teller.

NJChiefsFan 12-05-2012 07:39 PM

That was a well-written article.

BossChief 12-05-2012 08:09 PM

They sold over 5,000 hoodies and only gave SOC a grand?

pr_capone 12-05-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9183735)
They sold over 5,000 hoodies and only gave SOC a grand?

that has to be a typo... over 500 yes.

Easy 6 12-05-2012 10:55 PM

Wow, Liz, i'd totally forgotten her... the old Star beat writer, she was relentlessly battered both professionaly and personally... i probably even said something stupid about her.

But that was a Five Star piece of work, the insight and maturity gained by being elsewhere for years really helped, a great piece of perspective.

Where does it go from here?

Glad to hear that all of the past and current pressure might be forcing these guys to lean on each other, just maybe something positive can come from this.

Hammock Parties 12-06-2012 12:33 AM

Photos from Belcher's funeral. Pioli gave the eulogy.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1...el-scott-pioli

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo...llery_post.jpg

DaKCMan AP 12-06-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9181699)
Besides we are 2-3 years away from anything meaningful

Why?

NJChiefsFan 12-06-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9184598)
Why?

The same reason people aren't hell-bent to get a QB. They just don't understand how much they change things. Somehow they don't see how terrible the Colts and Redskins would be without their QBs.

Hammock Parties 12-06-2012 01:05 PM

Matt looks like a total douche in this photo. LMAO

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...e.SlMa.81.jpeg

Easy 6 12-06-2012 01:09 PM

Atleast he ditched the gay biker stache.

DaKCMan AP 12-06-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9185333)
The same reason people aren't hell-bent to get a QB. They just don't understand how much they change things. Somehow they don't see how terrible the Colts and Redskins would be without their QBs.

& Seahawks for those who use the "well Andrew Luck & RGIII are once in a decade type, can't miss prospects."

Priest31kc 12-06-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9185351)
Matt looks like a total douche in this photo. LMAO

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...e.SlMa.81.jpeg

ROFL

NJChiefsFan 12-06-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9185351)
Matt looks like a total douche in this photo. LMAO

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...e.SlMa.81.jpeg

That third guy visually represents what the coaching staff thinks of Ricky Stanzi.

007 12-06-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9185351)
Matt looks like a total douche in this photo. LMAO

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...e.SlMa.81.jpeg

Is he trying to look like Elvis Grbac?

stonedstooge 12-06-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9186143)
Is he trying to look like Elvis Grbac?

Looks like the dude in The Evil Dead. He also has that crazy hand that dude had that went crazy on him, just like a Matt Casshole pass

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-06-2012 08:42 PM

Is Cassel wearing Ed Hardy glasses and has he lost weight?

mdchiefsfan 12-07-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9186581)
Is Cassel wearing Ed Hardy glasses and has he lost weight?

It looks like it. Is Quinn just that much broader than him or what?

Bob Dole 12-07-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9185359)
Atleast he ditched the gay biker stache.

Bob Dole assumed it was there for Movember.

Easy 6 12-07-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9187231)
Bob Dole assumed it was there for Movember.

Ah, thats hadnt crossed my mind, you're probably right.

I assumed it was some poorly chosen way to "man up" in the face of so much criticism.

Dayze 12-07-2012 12:00 PM

Dexter McCluster is really a white guy.

NJChiefsFan 12-07-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9187228)
It looks like it. Is Quinn just that much broader than him or what?

Quinn is a pretty ripped QB but Cassel still looks skinny. Maybe he finally caught the AIDS everyone was wishing upon him.

Hootie 12-07-2012 05:29 PM

Dude Quinn is a beast of a man...if he took football as serious as he takes looking like a chiseled little bear he'd be the best player EVER!

He's got a great bod!!!

007 12-07-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9188503)
Dude Quinn is a beast of a man...if he took football as serious as he takes looking like a chiseled little bear he'd be the best player EVER!

He's got a great bod!!!

:spock:

and now we know. LMAO

bevischief 12-08-2012 08:47 AM

Highest paid GM=? SaveOurChiefs.com

InChiefsHeaven 12-08-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9188503)
Dude Quinn is a beast of a man...if he took football as serious as he takes looking like a chiseled little bear he'd be the best player EVER!

He's got a great bod!!!

Wow. Settle down son...:spock:

Hootie 12-08-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9188537)
:spock:

and now we know. LMAO

http://timtebowfanclubblog.com/wp-co...y-Quinn-e1.jpg

Bewbies 12-08-2012 02:02 PM

This is the save our chiefs thread, not the gay our chiefs thread...

Tribal Warfare 12-08-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9189777)
This is the save our chiefs thread, not the gay our chiefs thread...

Don't you mean Queer for Quinn

pr_capone 12-08-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9189782)
Don't you mean Queer for Quinn

Brokeback for Brady?

Hammock Parties 12-08-2012 03:05 PM

balls deep for brady

pr_capone 12-08-2012 04:19 PM

Butt ****ing for Brady

Pasta Little Brother 12-08-2012 05:39 PM

Take it in the Pootie Hootie

Hootie 12-08-2012 05:56 PM

I'm a secure man.

Brady Quinn is one chiseled buffalo. He should be a Buffalo Bill.

Easy 6 12-08-2012 05:57 PM

Cock Ring for Quinn

CaliforniaChief 12-08-2012 06:14 PM

Deliverquinnce

Hootie 12-08-2012 07:05 PM

you know...

if they held like a beauty pageant or a strong cute man pageant for NFL QB's at the end of the year...

KC just might win something for once!

Hootie 12-08-2012 07:06 PM

and if I'm captain tasty cheeks...

Brady Quinn is Lieutenant Luscious Legs

bevischief 12-09-2012 08:29 AM

beenoverbob the midget likes this.

hometeam 12-09-2012 09:05 AM

This thread is losing its heterosexuality and luster.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.