ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

The Franchise 10-01-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpchief (Post 8967234)
This is ****ing awesome, you are a god above men, pr. If I had a paypal account I'd be in, however I wouldn't have any way to get the money to you and it'd only be twenty bucks or so anyways.

But ****ing awesome to all you guys that are making this possible. I love this website.

How'd that #1 offense work for you on Sunday?

A Salt Weapon 10-01-2012 01:54 PM

I'm in for $40, one catch though I don't have paypal but I'll send a money order for it.
The message is great.
I like the "we deserve better" part
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8967236)
HEY CLARK! WE PULLED A TRAIN ON YOUR WIFE LAST NIGHT! LOVE, SCOTT AND MATT.

Might get quicker results?

LMAO

ChiTown 10-01-2012 01:56 PM

I'm in for $50, but I'd really like to see some sort of ChiefsPlanet recognition on the sign, if possible.

loochy 10-01-2012 01:57 PM

Dude it looks like this is actually going to happen.

Nickel D 10-01-2012 01:57 PM

To get rid of the evidence as well as ensure Pioli gets the message, I highly recommend the banner be ditched under a stairwell at Arrowhead along with dozens of candy bar wrappers.

KCUnited 10-01-2012 01:58 PM

Brush up on your tv/radio interview skills, they'll come a callin'.

lcarus 10-01-2012 01:59 PM

This is a wonderful idea. If I wasn't shit broke I'd definitely throw down some money. I hope this happens.

pimpchief 10-01-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8967241)
How'd that #1 offense work for you on Sunday?

San Diego is alot better than I thought they'd be. And did you see that Cassel is now the franchise leader in yards thigh four games?

mr. tegu 10-01-2012 02:00 PM

You know, I think the best thing about this is that it shows how much Chiefs fans care about the team, more so than most any other fanbase out there. You don't see or hear about this kind of thing in Jacksonville, Cleveland, or Buffalo. It is in our blood to be Chiefs fans and we just have to be so when we have to deal with such obvious flaws for this long, we want improvement. Other cities fanbases just stop going but that is not what we want. We WANT and NEED to go to games and cheer for the team.

Just like when Cano got booed relentlessly, us Royals fans showed we were passionate about the team and Butler getting snubbed after Cano's lie.

The Franchise 10-01-2012 02:00 PM

You should totally add a link to your GM Craigslist ad.

pr_capone 10-01-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8967247)
I'm in for $50, but I'd really like to see some sort of ChiefsPlanet recognition on the sign, if possible.

Not really... they are doing block lettering and chiefsplanet.com adds quite a bit of length + cost.

When I get in contact with media, I will make sure to point them to the site where this started.

PS... WE HAVE ENOUGH TO DO THIS. I'll get on the ball with the airline people and let them know this is a go. Don't stop donating though... we can run the same banner mult times or if they do finally bench Kasl, we can then put funds towards a billboard.

ChiTown 10-01-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8967271)
Not really... they are doing block lettering and chiefsplanet.com adds quite a bit of length + cost.

When I get in contact with media, I will make sure to point them to the site where this started.

PS... WE HAVE ENOUGH TO DO THIS. I'll get on the ball with the airline people and let them know this is a go. Don't stop donating though... we can run the same banner mult times or if they do finally bench Kasl, we can then put funds towards a billboard.

Fair nough. I want my $50 back...........

o:-)

hometeam 10-01-2012 02:06 PM

I got 10 bucks on it. That's what is sitting in my paypal atm.

Monty 10-01-2012 02:07 PM

I'm in for this week and willing to put in more later. :thumb:

ChiTown 10-01-2012 02:08 PM

I'll commit to do $50 for every remaining home game, as long as we can keep this thing going.

pr_capone 10-01-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8967285)
I'll commit to do $50 for every remaining home game, as long as we can keep this thing going.

you rock!

bevischief 10-01-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8967263)
You should totally add a link to your GM Craigslist ad.

LMAO

lcarus 10-01-2012 02:10 PM

Jesus this is gonna rule

hometeam 10-01-2012 02:11 PM

next step, billboard? :P

bevischief 10-01-2012 02:11 PM

I just got back home from the Bash let me do some checking on money to see what I can donate.

Sofa King 10-01-2012 02:12 PM

How much extra would it cost to have the guy crash that plane into Pioli's box?

Rexx 10-01-2012 02:13 PM

Cassell may be benched before next weeks banner! Regardless of what happens, I'm game for $20 but not til week 2 of our protest. Well done doing this! About time we band together and try to force there hand a bit. Sick of there bs.

the Talking Can 10-01-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8967300)

:LOL:

ChiTown 10-01-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8967300)

LMAO

Certainly creates more of a statement than flying a banner every week.....

hometeam 10-01-2012 02:15 PM

Ya know, I just have to say. This is a great ****ing idea.

tooge 10-01-2012 02:17 PM

waste of money. If you wanna blow $625, rent out a park, get a bunch of bbq, invite all of cp to come, and call the news to have them cover the "fans strike"

pimpchief 10-01-2012 02:18 PM

Hey, if you guys come up with some money for a cheap plane, I'll take one for the team as far as crashing into Pioli's box is concerned.

Reerun_KC 10-01-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8967203)
The cost of additional flights would be $560. OP has been updated.

I can do the next round. Just paid daughters college tuition on Friday. I am strapped this time. But next flight I am in.

BossChief 10-01-2012 02:20 PM

Don't forget to tweet/facebook this to local media so it doesn't go unnoticed and it can get some coverage on the news.

Fire Me Boy! 10-01-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexx (Post 8967302)
Cassell may be benched before next weeks banner! Regardless of what happens, I'm game for $20 but not til week 2 of our protest. Well done doing this! About time we band together and try to force there hand a bit. Sick of there bs.

Please don't let this guy write the banner.

And I'll chip in $10 next week.

BossChief 10-01-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8967320)
I can do the next round. Just paid daughters college tuition on Friday. I am strapped this time. But next flight I am in.

Aren't you a pilot?

Fire Me Boy! 10-01-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8967324)
Don't forget to tweet/facebook this to local media so it doesn't go unnoticed and it can get some coverage on the news.

Send an email to Babb and Whitlock, too!

Old Dog 10-01-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

I was just going to ask if he had alerted any of the media outlets about this yet.

The Franchise 10-01-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

This. Get Teedubya on this.

the Talking Can 10-01-2012 02:24 PM

i wouldn't leak info too soon...i wouldn't put it past pioli to **** with the business

pr_capone 10-01-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8967334)
I was just going to ask if he had alerted any of the media outlets about this yet.

Not yet. I won't until the Friday night Sat morning.

KCUnited 10-01-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8967339)
i wouldn't leak info too soon...i wouldn't put it past pioli to **** with the business

This. I would wait til the day of. Both radio stations in KC start their pre-game coverage hours and hours before kick off. That would be the time, imo.

SuperChief 10-01-2012 02:26 PM

Count me in for $10. It's not much, but I'm in college, so **** you.

Exoter175 10-01-2012 02:27 PM

I posted this on facebook and a number of other sites, might get a few more interested haha

ChiTown 10-01-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8967343)
Not yet. I won't until the Friday night Sat morning.

I'd do it on Friday morning. That gives the media outlets plenty of time to start pimping this before the weekend starts. jmo.

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8967339)

You are assuming Pioli isn't monitoring the Planet either himself or having some lackey do it for him. If Babb is correct and he reads and listens to everything because he is all worried about his image, Scott likely already knows.

Old Dog 10-01-2012 02:29 PM

just a message to myself, I'm up to post #94 repping all contributors....hitting teh rest tomorrow

A Salt Weapon 10-01-2012 02:29 PM

Would be awesome if we can get some good pictures of this, I'll frame one and put it on my KC/KU wall.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rexx 10-01-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8967326)
Please don't let this guy write the banner.

And I'll chip in $10 next week.

Thanks for the engrish lession chump. :dom: Still good for $25!

Reerun_KC 10-01-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8967329)
Aren't you a pilot?

Yes sir. On a jet trip today. Was in eagle Co. Now.in Denver.

hometeam 10-01-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 8967357)
Would be awesome if we can get some good pictures of this, I'll frame one and put it on my KC/KU wall.
Posted via Mobile Device

There will be pics and vid, no way local media ignores it.

Reerun_KC 10-01-2012 02:33 PM

Get a quality photographer level picture then sell them for $20 to fund future flights.

ChiefsHawk 10-01-2012 02:35 PM

WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI!! CUT CASSEL!!

Bewbies 10-01-2012 02:37 PM

Take down the link to the plane company in the OP...

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 02:37 PM

Put me down for $50.00

The Franchise 10-01-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8967370)
Get a quality photographer level picture then sell them for $20 to fund future flights.

Can you fly Zach up there to take a picture?

Chief_For_Life58 10-01-2012 02:38 PM

Gods work hahaha I love chiefs fans...im definitely down for this....do u still need donations? I can chip in 20 of my weekend alcohol money to this instead...is this really gonna happen? cus IT ****ING NEEDS TO. We deserve better. Fire Pioli Cut Cassel!!!!!

Reerun_KC 10-01-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8967353)
You are assuming Pioli isn't monitoring the Planet either himself or having some lackey do it for him. If Babb is correct and he reads and listens to everything because he is all worried about his image, Scott likely already knows.

cp is bigger and stronger than pioli. Once we have had enough. He can't stop us... our reach is.global.

Straight, No Chaser 10-01-2012 02:40 PM

count me in for 10$

you should do a poll for the banner text.

ChiefsHawk 10-01-2012 02:40 PM

i think it should say cut cassel...cuz if hes benched theres a chance he could play again

Reerun_KC 10-01-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8967391)
Can you fly Zach up there to take a picture?

Where Zach live?
Actually no he is a Missouri fan. LOL.

The Franchise 10-01-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8967408)
Where Zach live?
Actually no he is a Missouri fan. LOL.

So let him take his pictures.....and then grab his camera and push him out.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 02:42 PM

We need teeduya to market this and get the media to interview a spokesman. Write articles. That will make a huge difference. He'll, ESPN could pick it up at that point.

ILChief 10-01-2012 02:42 PM

Bench Cassel, Draft Geno

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8967401)
cp is bigger and stronger than pioli. Once we have had enough. He can't stop us... our reach is.global.

I've seen and been apart of the Planet making its voice heard. You don't need to sell me on our capabilities.

alnorth 10-01-2012 02:48 PM

Even if Cassel is benched after this weekend's game, I bet we could easily cover the extra $65 it would take to update the banner to focus only on Pioli.

edit: or for that matter, part of the message in the OP could be hacked off starting with the dash

007 10-01-2012 02:51 PM

Hmmmm, what if they actually bench Cassel before Sunday if he sucks shit all week in practice?

KCDC 10-01-2012 02:51 PM

It is an inspired idea, but I agree that a protest outside of One Arrrowhead (with a tip to the media) would be more effective. To be truely effective, the banner would need to be done during the game and picked up on TV.

If you are going to do a banner, I would delete the point about firing Pioli. That isn't going to happen this year. You turn Pioli against us as well. If you just call for the replacement of Cassel (and maybe RAC), then Pioli can get behind it more easily (as can Clark Hunt). Though Casshole has been seen as Pioli's golden boy, if there is a fan riot, he can use that as an excuse to agree with Hunt to select a QB in the first round next year.

Pioli's failings have been the 2009 draft, as seeing Cassel with ill-founded rose colored glasses. Otherwise, he has drafted fairly well and has done okay with recent free agent signings. His selection of RAC as head coach is understandable. I supported it at the time. Now it is clear that it was a mistake.

Again, Pioli does not get fired this year (regardless of what Babb and Mellinger chant). It is better to focus on getting rid of the most important failing of the organization -- Cassel. The second biggest failing, I hate to say, is Crennel. Focus on the most important and don't dilute the message by spreading the hate too broadly.

ForeverChiefs58 10-01-2012 02:53 PM

How about a "Draft Geno!" banner?

007 10-01-2012 02:54 PM

It's too bad that Clark and Scott will think one single guy fronted teh money for that rather than a bunch of fans

the Talking Can 10-01-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 8967450)
It is an inspired idea, but I agree that a protest outside of One Arrrowhead (with a tip to the media) would be more effective. To be truely effective, the banner would need to be done during the game and picked up on TV.

If you are going to do a banner, I would delete the point about firing Pioli. That isn't going to happen this year. You turn Pioli against us as well. If you just call for the replacement of Cassel (and maybe RAC), then Pioli can get behind it more easily (as can Clark Hunt). Though Casshole has been seen as Pioli's golden boy, if there is a fan riot, he can use that as an excuse to agree with Hunt to select a QB in the first round next year.

Pioli's failings have been the 2009 draft, as seeing Cassel with ill-founded rose colored glasses. Otherwise, he has drafted fairly well and has done okay with recent free agent signings. His selection of RAC as head coach is understandable. I supported it at the time. Now it is clear that it was a mistake.

Again, Pioli does not get fired this year (regardless of what Babb and Mellinger chant). It is better to focus on getting rid of the most important failing of the organization -- Cassel. The second biggest failing, I hate to say, is Crennel. Focus on the most important and don't dilute the message by spreading the hate too broadly.

nah...it's all about pioli who is a failure in every way...he is a failure of a GM

it will drive him batty, which is what makes it worth it

Fire Me Boy! 10-01-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

I agree with this.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8967412)
We need teeduya to market this and get the media to interview a spokesman. Write articles. That will make a huge difference. He'll, ESPN could pick it up at that point.

Yup a press release needs to be sent out.

alnorth 10-01-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

There is very, very little in this post that I agree with.

Protest party, either in a park (as someone else suggested) or in the parking lot, wont get covered. Media wont be interested in a bunch of yelling drunken yahoos. A plane banner is more sexy, and far more likely to get written about.

Cassel will be gone soon even if we don't do a damned thing. Maybe the banner gets him out sooner, but its a lost season and we don't have a back-up worth a damn, so the only real goal here is to have someone else, other than Pioli, pick our next QB, and that message has to be made now and loud enough for Clark to see it.

Fire Me Boy! 10-01-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8967459)
nah...it's all about pioli who is a failure in every way...he is a failure of a GM

it will drive him batty, which is what makes it worth it

Are we trying to effect change or simply get some well deserved catharsis?

ping2000 10-01-2012 02:59 PM

I remember the banner flying around Arrowhead saying "Fire Steadman". Didn't work back then.

the Talking Can 10-01-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8967483)
Are we trying to effect change or simply get some well deserved catharsis?

i have no illusion that flying a banner is going to 'effect change'...

it's the cheapest, legal way to tell pioli to **** off

Bearcat 10-01-2012 03:01 PM

If the local media pick it up and run with it, it'll be interesting to see if they help spread the word on other activities. Fly a banner next week, plan a walkout for the Raiders game, brown bag day, etc... :hmmm:

Reerun_KC 10-01-2012 03:01 PM

Banner during the game is a security and safety risk. Also no pilot would violate a no fly zone. Federal offense.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8967497)
Banner during the game is a security and safety risk. Also no pilot would violate a no fly zone. Federal offense.

I thought you could up until an hour before the game?

Sofa King 10-01-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpchief (Post 8967318)
Hey, if you guys come up with some money for a cheap plane, I'll take one for the team as far as crashing into Pioli's box is concerned.

You're hired.

Quote:

Who gives a shit about Pioli's feelings. He should be hurt by this banner. That's the point. He hasn't given a shit about our feelings. If he did, he'd do what it takes to get us the players to win.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 8967485)
I remember the banner flying around Arrowhead saying "Fire Steadman". Didn't work back then.

Different era. Media makes the story. Have to get phobia to be a spokesman. Put out a press release. Be available for interviews. Publicity makes it happen.

Rasputin 10-01-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8967110)
Get to the point: We Need a 1st round QB!

Geno Smith on the other side.

Love this banner idea. Wish I could contribute to Gods work.

Personally I would have, DIAF Scott Pioli

Reerun_KC 10-01-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8967499)
I thought you could up until an hour before the game?

you are correct hour.before and.after.