ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

KCrockaholic 12-30-2012 11:37 PM

I'm feeling pretty high strung right now. Tomorrow is a biiiiig day. I already plan on getting drunk tomorrow. But I hope it's out of celebration, and not anger/depression.

FloridaMan88 12-30-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9256570)
Nothing of substance on Pioli...more of tire kickers and coaching speculation.

For example, Ferentz is not a top tier option. Two big name candidates have already told people that they wont go to KC if Pioli is there.

Clark better realize real quick that good talent wont come here and a segment of fans will walk away if he doesn't make the right decision.

Clark better realize that keeping Fat Scott means the Chiefs won't be able to attract any credible HC candidates, not to mention any credible assistant coaches.

Peter King tweeted earlier today that he doesn't think Josh McDaniels will leave New England:

Peter King‏@SI_PeterKing
I'll be very surprised if Josh McDaniels leaves New England this postseason.

If you cross off Ferentz and McDaniels (both would by shitty options anyway), what other realistic HC candidate would Fat Scott be able to attract to KC? The list would be very small, and full of shitty options.

If Clark doesn't want to consider the fan response to keeping Fat Scott, just look at the reality of trying to hire a HC to replace Romeo if Fat Scott is retained. It would be virtually impossible to hire a decent HC.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-31-2012 12:42 AM

agree. You have to have a coach willing to do it for no security. Maybe Chris Ault from the University of Nevada? He just resigned and is a top offensive mind. Maybe he'll gamble a little??

BossChief 12-31-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9256698)
Billick and Reid.

That's a bit odd.

Who contacted them about the HC position if it wasn't Pioli?

I can't imagine Clark Hunt has been calling up head coaching candidates...has Polian already even hired?...that wouldn't really make sense, either.

ChiefsCountry 12-31-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9256964)
That's a bit odd.

Who contacted them about the HC position if it wasn't Pioli?

I can't imagine Clark Hunt has been calling up head coaching candidates...has Polian already even hired?...that wouldn't really make sense, either.

Hunt has probably talked to different agents of coaches to gage their intrest in the job. Common practice. Always have to network and see what is out there.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-31-2012 01:01 AM

Coaches and Owners and Agents and "Third Party Partners" start networking in November.

RealSNR 12-31-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9256698)
Billick and Reid.

I hope Reid reconsiders if Pioli is fired. Hopefully it's just a "I won't work for THAT guy" issue.

BossChief 12-31-2012 01:25 AM

So, Andy Reid (who just got fired hours ago) has already been contacted by Clark Hunt and told Clark he wouldn't take the job with Pioli there?...so before Clark has fired Pioli he has contacted head coaches himself?

Seems odd.

RealSNR 12-31-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9257100)
So, Andy Reid (who just got fired hours ago) has already been contacted by Clark Hunt and told Clark he wouldn't take the job with Pioli there?...so before Clark has fired Pioli he has contacted head coaches himself?

Seems odd.

I can't tell if that's a good or bad omen

bowener 12-31-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9257100)

Seems odd.

Why can't Reid's agent be the one that contacted Hunt? Maybe he asked Clark if Pioli was going to be retained or not, and then expressed his opinion on whatever Clark's answer was. I don't find it hard to believe Reid's agent would be searching immediately, if not weeks ago, since he has money at stake as well.

SPchief 12-31-2012 01:34 AM

Or maybe

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...5&postcount=94

bowener 12-31-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9257115)

Thanks, that was cool to read, and I feel less anxious about tomorrow.

SPchief 12-31-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9257130)
Thanks, that was cool to read, and I feel less anxious about tomorrow.

Don't obsess over it, nothing's right in this day and age. But Marty has been involved with this movement since day one and has some sources. If they're wrong oh well. We can't do shit about it.

mcaj22 12-31-2012 01:48 AM

this is the Peyton Manning snubs the Chiefs all over again because Pioli is around but with head coaches this time

Clark wants x or y. Clark who is usually hands off, tries to contact coaches x or y, and gets the run around or snub because Clark, still associates with Pioli, who everyone outside of the 95 Browns/Tom Brady high brow club, clearly hates, apparently good big name NFL players and coaches have the same view about this guy

that handcuffs this team from truly ever being any good.

KCrockaholic 12-31-2012 02:00 AM

Sleeping tonight is going to be difficult.

But one thing is for sure. 1 GM off the street could win more than 2 games.