ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvel unviels their next four projects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261513)

Aries Walker 02-06-2014 05:48 AM

Yeah, but Marvel does it better. I don't see an Atom or Nightwing movie coming out any time soon.

Tribal Warfare 02-06-2014 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10417022)
Yeah, but Marvel does it better. I don't see an Atom or Nightwing movie coming out any time soon.

I'm waiting for the Vinny Chase Entourage stigma that goes away on Aquaman.

Jamie 02-06-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10416932)
Winter Soldier is obviously not a blatant rip in terms of abilities/name/etc as the others but more of a conceptual rip. The first sidekick (Robin) was created in 1940 and a year after, Bucky was created as a direct response in 1941. The development of that character has always been on the coat tails of Dick Grayson. After Robin grows up and becomes Nightwing, years later Bucky grows up to be Winter Soldier. When Nightwing takes over for Batman who is lost in time, Winter Soldier takes over for Cappie who is.. lost in time.

That's kind of a stretch. You're talking about a character whose defining characteristic for 50 years was being dead. The similarities between The Death of Captain America and Batman RIP were coincidental, though I if I remember right Cap's death and return both came out first. He's not anymore of a take on Robin than any other teenage sidekick, and in terms of ones who grew up to take over as the hero, Wally West beat them both by about 20 years.

Aries Walker 02-06-2014 09:22 PM

Bucky was supposed to stay forever dead. For a long time, there were three cardinal rules in the Marvel writer's bullpen: Uncle Ben must stay dead, Gwen Stacy must stay dead, and Bucky must stay dead. They've stuck with two of them.

Jamie 02-06-2014 10:25 PM

They nearly brought back Gwen a few years ago too. It was coming out of One More Day, which was the (terrible) storyline where Peter makes a deal with the devil to save Aunt May in exchange for erasing his marriage to Mary Jane.

The original plan for that story was that Peter would change the past so that he got Harry Osborn help for his drug problem sooner, which would have a ripple effect so that Harry and Gwen would have never died, Harry and Mary Jane would have never broken up, and Peter and Mary Jane would have never got together (this actually makes sense, because Harry's drug problem is one of the things that sent Norman over the edge and back into the Green Goblin persona). It didn't happen this way because editorial at Marvel was uncomfortable with altering continuity to that extent.

beach tribe 02-09-2014 08:30 PM

I take it you guys saw The Collector at the end of Thor 2?

He is the guy Thanos gets one of the Infinity Gems from. It seems it will be the Aether he holds.

It looks like objects are going to be the gems. The tesseract is the space gem it seems.
Not sure what the Aether is.

Deberg_1990 05-23-2014 05:13 PM

Edgar Wright just got bounced from Ant-man. That sucks........

http://badassdigest.com/2014/05/23/e...t-off-ant-man/

beach tribe 05-24-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10416932)
Winter Soldier is obviously not a blatant rip in terms of abilities/name/etc as the others but more of a conceptual rip. The first sidekick (Robin) was created in 1940 and a year after, Bucky was created as a direct response in 1941. The development of that character has always been on the coat tails of Dick Grayson. After Robin grows up and becomes Nightwing, years later Bucky grows up to be Winter Soldier. When Nightwing takes over for Batman who is lost in time, Winter Soldier takes over for Cappie who is.. lost in time.

Please. It's an obvious arc for any Hero/Side-kick story line.
The other most obvious: Teacher vs Student.

New World Order 05-24-2014 07:32 PM

When the hell are they going to make another Hulk movie? The best Marvel character and he doesn't even have a second movie.

smh

ThaVirus 05-24-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10423586)
I take it you guys saw The Collector at the end of Thor 2?

He is the guy Thanos gets one of the Infinity Gems from. It seems it will be the Aether he holds.

It looks like objects are going to be the gems. The tesseract is the space gem it seems.
Not sure what the Aether is.

I asked the same question and got linked to an explanation. The tesseract and aether are two of the gems.

A Google search will probably turn up an answer for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10649117)
When the hell are they going to make another Hulk movie? The best Marvel character and he doesn't even have a second movie.

smh

Hulk as Marvel's best character? Come on now.

The most marketable right now has to be Spidey. His flicks make damn near a billion each go round and there hasn't been a truly great one since Raimi's Spider-Man 2.

Iron Man would probably be second.

Aries Walker 05-24-2014 09:32 PM

'Most marketable' and 'best' are two wildly different things.

As for the Hulk, he's like Bluto from Animal House; the most fun character in the movie, but if you put him in every scene, people will get tired of his antics. There's only so much you can say about a big green caveman besides the opening story - that's why his first run only lasted six issues, that's why no one's played him twice in a row, that's why in the comics he goes through more outlandish and bizarre radical character and premise changes than anyone, and that's why they're not planning to give him his own movie any time soon.

ThaVirus 05-24-2014 09:46 PM

I'm aware. "Best" is such a subjective term.

If you asked 100 people who's the best Marvel character Spider-Man and Iron Man would dominate.

Tribal Warfare 05-24-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10649408)

If you asked 100 people who's the best Marvel character Spider-Man and Iron Man would dominate.

Wolverine too since he's mainstream.

BigCatDaddy 05-24-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10649408)

If you gave them a list it's

1. Spider-Man
2. Hulk

And probably a large gap between Hulk and the rest.

ThaVirus 05-25-2014 12:44 AM

Shit, yeah. I forgot about Wolverine.

I'd guess:

1. Spidey

2. Iron Man (Downey Jr would win the chick vote for sure)

3. Wolverine

4. Hulk

5. Thor