ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Better Than Geno (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270357)

O.city 02-24-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9433018)
LMAO

I love Margus Hunt, first of all. I want him with our 2nd rounder. LOVE him.

But you're telling me you wouldn't take a Canty-Poe-Richardson DL? With Tyson Jackson and Jerrell Powe rotating in?

God, I'd sure ****ing take that.

I'd take it, but I'd also take a Canty-Poe- Bid dick Seymour for a year or two over drafting Richardson.

Dude is an absolute headcase and if we've learned anything based on the Chiefs history, DL with red flags scare the shit out of me.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9432968)
Every year you guys forget. Never fails. I'm on a QB's bandwagon almost every ****ing year. Sanchez, Clausen, I was even pushing for Weeden in the 2nd last year.

I haven't endorsed anybody for our #1 pick yet. I'm still deciding. But I love QBs, I know they're the most important player on the field.

This suddenly became the weakest QB class we've seen in a decade, maybe more. It's reasonable to be hesitant.

You may love QBs but if you think this is the weakest class in a decade, you don't know jack shit about them.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9432976)
We had two teams in the Super Bowl going at it with good QBs, not great QBs. But they both had Top 3 defenses.

A QB offers you the most direct path to the Super Bowl, but it's not the only one. If there was a guy we could acquire along this DL that could transform our defensive front into an All League front, then that can be worth an investment.

Yep, you obviously know nothing about QBs.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9433018)
LMAO

I love Margus Hunt, first of all. I want him with our 2nd rounder. LOVE him.

But you're telling me you wouldn't take a Canty-Poe-Richardson DL? With Tyson Jackson and Jerrell Powe rotating in?

God, I'd sure ****ing take that.

With Alex Smith at QB?

**** no I wouldn't take that. That's ****ing stupid.

O.city 02-24-2013 04:45 PM

With new developments about Star, he might slip. Geno at 1, star at 34?

Direckshun 02-24-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9433028)
Until Sheldon Richardson quits on his teammates like he did at Missouri.

He's an idiot and a selfish prick. Richardson at 1.1 would be !@#$ing insane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9433029)
I'd take it, but I'd also take a Canty-Poe- Bid dick Seymour for a year or two over drafting Richardson.

Dude is an absolute headcase and if we've learned anything based on the Chiefs history, DL with red flags scare the shit out of me.

Right. Obviously I'd have to clear Richardson personally if I were a GM.

But he is stupid talented. You want to talk about generational talent. He could possibly have that if properly groomed. I don't know if I've seen much of anybody like him.

Direckshun 02-24-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9433068)
With new developments about Star, he might slip. Geno at 1, star at 34?

Honestly? I don't think Star fits our scheme.

I think he's a 4-3 guy, not a 3-4 guy. And you usually don't want to take a guy that falls that far in the 2nd. He's falling for a reason.

O.city 02-24-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9433077)
Honestly? I don't think Star fits our scheme.

I think he's a 4-3 guy, not a 3-4 guy. And you usually don't want to take a guy that falls that far in the 2nd. He's falling for a reason.

Yeah, sure. But again, if he checks out medically, Canty-Star-Poe could be pretty damn good, with others coming off the bench.

DJ's left nut 02-24-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9432968)
Every year you guys forget. Never fails. I'm on a QB's bandwagon almost every ****ing year. Sanchez, Clausen, I was even pushing for Weeden in the 2nd last year.

I haven't endorsed anybody for our #1 pick yet. I'm still deciding. But I love QBs, I know they're the most important player on the field.

This suddenly became the weakest QB class we've seen in a decade, maybe more. It's reasonable to be hesitant.

Okay - you'll have to defend that one. And here's the toughest route to it:

There's no argument made by anyone that Matt Barkley wouldn't have been the 3rd QB off the board last season in a draft that many are calling the strongest QB class since 1983.

Now all of the sudden he's the 2nd or 3rd QB off the board in the worst QB class in a decade?

Did Barkley get a hell of a lot worse or has the examination of this year's class under the microscope of the 2012 class become unreasonably critical? Matt Barkley was essentially in that class, slotted and ready to go to the Redskins or Dolphins. After going nose to nose with Luck last season, people were convinced that Barkley was 1b to Lucks 1a.

C'mon, this class isn't that bad and it's a damn sight better than, for instance, the Bradford draft. It's just had such a bizarre tilt to it after last year's class that nobody can look at it objectively.

DJ's left nut 02-24-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9433074)
Right. Obviously I'd have to clear Richardson personally if I were a GM.

But he is stupid talented. You want to talk about generational talent. He could possibly have that if properly groomed. I don't know if I've seen much of anybody like him.

Shariff Floyd. If I were going DT, I'd go with the guy that's 3.5 yrs younger and just as gifted athletically (if not more so).

Just like Joeckel, if there are 2 'once in a lifetime' prospects in a draft, I'm going to think twice about whether or not they're truly once in a lifetime. Sometimes they are (last year's QBs), but more often than not, Sheldon Richardson just ends up another Suh...or worse yet, another Dorsey.

MagicHef 02-24-2013 05:06 PM

Anybody notice what position both SB teams were stacked at?

Suggs
Lewis
Ellerbee
Kruger

Smith
Bowman
Willis
Brooks

ChiefRocka 02-24-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9433094)
Okay - you'll have to defend that one. And here's the toughest route to it:

There's no argument made by anyone that Matt Barkley wouldn't have been the 3rd QB off the board last season in a draft that many are calling the strongest QB class since 1983.

Now all of the sudden he's the 2nd or 3rd QB off the board in the worst QB class in a decade?

Did Barkley get a hell of a lot worse or has the examination of this year's class under the microscope of the 2012 class become unreasonably critical? Matt Barkley was essentially in that class, slotted and ready to go to the Redskins or Dolphins. After going nose to nose with Luck last season, people were convinced that Barkley was 1b to Lucks 1a.

C'mon, this class isn't that bad and it's a damn sight better than, for instance, the Bradford draft. It's just had such a bizarre tilt to it after last year's class that nobody can look at it objectively.

Best post I've read in awhile.

melbar 02-24-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9432839)
I would. Watt has Hall of Fame potential.

McNabb, I think, is the comparison I would draw to Geno.

The problem I think with the value comparison is, what if the Chiefs see him as a Brady Quinn not a McNabb? What value does he have if they think he isn't the guy? I know he's the highest rated this year, but that doesnt mean he's a sure fire starter just because we all want him to be. I want a QB bad this year, and honestly I'm having a hard time waving the banner for anyone ahead of him. I'm finding myself trying to overlook a lot. Total Access tonight made my stomach sink a little watching his interview with Mooch. (yep interview again) When asked to repeat the play Mooch drew up he blanked at first, then had to be prompted 3 times as he forgot progression, protection, and terminology. I've watched I think every QB with Mooch and Gruden the last few years and I dont remember anyone needing more than 1 prompt. Add the repeated "Alex Smiths value went up today", and "how does he make such great throws and turn around and miss so badly on the next?", and I think its reasonable to give a little pause when talking about #1 overall pick.

KCrockaholic 02-25-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9433186)
Anybody notice what position both SB teams were stacked at?

Suggs
Lewis
Ellerbee
Kruger

Smith
Bowman
Willis
Brooks

Yeah. That's what did it. If only the Chiefs could get that missing piece at ILB.

BryanBusby 02-25-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9433028)
Until Sheldon Richardson quits on his teammates like he did at Missouri.

He's an idiot and a selfish prick. Richardson at 1.1 would be !@#$ing insane.

Sheldon Richardson was one of the few players that worked his ass off. Sure he made stupid decisions, but when have we had the huddle and decided we want smart Defensive linemen all of a sudden?