ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

WildTurkey 01-28-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9360375)
I think he has some athleticism, I just don't think it's good to great, more average to good.

If you're talking straight speed than you're right but there's more to being athletic than that, he really does move well in and out of the pocket. He's good at throwing on the run, has quick feet he's more Aaron Rodgers athletic than RG 3 athletic.

Canofbier 01-28-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9360384)
There is a video of Geno where the video is being shot from the end zone and he takes off from the LOS after escaping the rush and runs away from everyone straight to the end zone. It might be the Marshall game

Here it is.

keg in kc 01-28-2013 10:53 PM

He's very mobile in the pocket. He just doesn't run the ball very often. Which is actually a good thing for the most part.

HolyHat 01-28-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9360407)

Nice work

Canofbier 01-28-2013 11:10 PM

There's another nice run he had against Texas this year. He escaped heavy pressure and turned it into eight-ish yards. There's a gif of it floating somewhere on this site, but I'm not going to bother looking for it. It's at the 0:30 mark in this video.

Sorry for not embedding the videos; it's not easy to do on an iPad.

NJChiefsFan 01-29-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9360022)
He blocked me after I called him out with his Ryan Mallet bullshit

Did he respond to it at all? I'm sorry but if you claim that the Chiefs should consider trading the #1 overall pick for Ryan Mallet then you lose all credibility. I don't care how accurate the rest of your stuff is. That is beyond stupid. It implies an inability to think at a basic level.

aturnis 01-29-2013 12:07 AM

Not true. There are internships for coaches and I'm sure scouts alike.

-King- 01-29-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9360612)
Not true. There are internships for coaches and I'm sure scouts alike.

Not for 20 year old kids doing internships for college credit.

aturnis 01-29-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King-
Not for 20 year old kids doing internships for college credit.

It generally rally wouldn't be for college credit. It's called paying your dues. It's how Scott Pioli got his start. Worked for free("internship"), slept on couches and in car I believe. All to et the chance to do something so many would love to do.

Also, if he knows someone, that's all that matters. Worked for Haley and his extensive football background.

Coaches do internships every year. Hell, even former NFL players to internships for coaching.
Quote:

After his playing career ended, Greene worked in real estate and as a summer NFL coaching intern with five different clubs, including one in 2006 with Miami, where Capers was the Dolphins’ defensive coordinator. His most recent coaching internship came in 2008 with the eventual Super Bowl champion Steelers.

ChiefsCountry 01-29-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9360288)
He said he got a college internship for training camp and then somehow worked his way up to Operations coordinator which is likely BS. Football teams don't do internships for their football operations. All internships are for the business side only.

Not true.

HolyHat 01-29-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9360608)
Did he respond to it at all? I'm sorry but if you claim that the Chiefs should consider trading the #1 overall pick for Ryan Mallet then you lose all credibility. I don't care how accurate the rest of your stuff is. That is beyond stupid. It implies an inability to think at a basic level.

Yeah he spewed off some more crap to defend his statement before blocking me. I don't remember what it was.

-King- 01-29-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9360660)
It generally rally wouldn't be for college credit. It's called paying your dues. It's how Scott ***** got his start. Worked for free("internship"), slept on couches and in car I believe. All to et the chance to do something so many would love to do.

Also, if he knows someone, that's all that matters. Worked for Haley and his extensive football background.

Coaches do internships every year. Hell, even former NFL players to internships for coaching.

Ok, that still isn't a college kid.

aturnis 01-29-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9360668)
Ok, that still isn't a college kid.

Pioli was...

NJChiefsFan 01-29-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9360666)
Yeah he spewed off some more crap to defend his statement before blocking me. I don't remember what it was.

I can't even imagine.

-King- 01-29-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9360672)
***** was...

Where'd you hear that from? He was hired by Belichick after being an assistant coach at Syracuse.

Edit: I see it.

Quote:

In case you didn't know, the pair first met at Giants training camp when Belichick was defensive coordinator and ***** was still playing at Central Connecticut State.

The girlfriend of *****'s best friend worked for the Giants and introduced him to the Giants' assistant. Belichick was impressed with the fact that ***** drove 90 minutes to watch practice and ask questions. Pretty soon he let ***** stay a couple of days in an extra bed.

When Belichick took over as head coach of the Cleveland Browns, ***** soon followed. He has been climbing the NFL ladder ever since.
Still don't buy that NFLosophy dude's story at all though.