ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Saccopoo 01-27-2013 11:45 AM

Maybe Q, but I've been busy the last couple of days:

Quote:

Today on The Danny Parkins show, Chris Weinke,head of football operations at IMG academy, called in to the show today and had some very intersting tidbits on the QB'S hes working with. The main topic was Geno Smith because he is currently the only QB draft prospect at the facility,mainly because the other qb's are at the SR.Bowl and Matt Barkley is injured,but he also will be training at IMG as well.

Danny asks the question we all have been hearing since the season ended,and probably before that really, Is there a legit no.1 qb in this draft class,and what he says in the answer made me light up with joy! I felt warm and tingley inside when he compared him (Geno Smith) to RG3 in that he can extend plays with his feet and can read defenses and throw as good or better than any QB he's worked with in the last few years,including Cam newton,Russel Wilson and Kirk Cousins.

I could try and paraphrase the whole interview,but i will save you the agony of reading my interpretation and direct you to the source.

http://610sports.com/podcasts/dannyp...ow/chrisweinke

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 12:01 PM

The Geno and RG3 comparison's are horrible and really need to stop. It's not helping the Geno case because of how crazy they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9354660)
Do not ****ing mess with me B14ckmon. I'm a member of all the ****ing MOBs on this forum.

Lol. Just stop.

RealSNR 01-27-2013 12:05 PM

Try this link instead.

http://www.610sports.com/pages/10086021.php?

RealSNR 01-27-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355071)
The Geno and RG3 comparison's are horrible and really need to stop. It's not helping the Geno case because of how crazy they are.

Nobody's making those comparisons. Geno isn't a ****ing moron who's going to get himself killed.

HolyHat 01-27-2013 12:06 PM

I'm ready to start taking all bets on the draft. Geno WILL go number 1 to the Chiefs. All bets welcome

Saccopoo 01-27-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Well, since it was Weinke who made the comparison and he's the guy who worked with Griffin last year and who is working with Geno now...

milkman 01-27-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Lol. Just stop.

Too much is being made of this comparison.

Is Geno capable of extending plays with his legs?

Has he shown an ability to make reads?

Does he have the arm to make all the throws?

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9355083)
Well, since it was Weinke who made the comparison and he's the guy who worked with Griffin last year and who is working with Geno now...

Yea, he's doing his job. He is supposed to pump up the players he is working with.

Wilson is good at extending plays in the NFL because if the pocket collapses he is off to the races. Geno will not be doing that in the NFL because NFL ends are much better. I see Geno being more like Aaron Rodgers than Griffin in that regard.

NJChiefsFan 01-27-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355088)
Yea, he's doing his job. He is supposed to pump up the players he is working with.

Wilson is good at extending plays in the NFL because if the pocket collapses he is off to the races. Geno will not be doing that in the NFL because NFL ends are much better. I see Geno being more like Aaron Rodgers than Griffin in that regard.

I think the Rodgers comparison athletically is a good one, and ftr, one a lot of people on this site have made.

RealSNR 01-27-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9355082)
I'm ready to start taking all bets on the draft. Geno WILL go number 1 to the Chiefs. All bets welcome

If the Chiefs take Geno, I will wear Terrance Copper stuff in my avatar until he's no longer on the team

RealSNR 01-27-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9355079)

Everybody should listen to this Chris Weinke interview :thumb:

Thanks, Sac!

Saccopoo 01-27-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355088)

And nearly everyone around here, including me, has said as much.

I think he compares very favorably to Rogers at the same stage, with Geno having better accuracy and pocket presence. Rogers was a bit more of a gun slinger, but their games, size, athletic ability, arm, etc. are all very similar.

I believe what Weinke was stating was that Geno has that ability to extend a play with his athleticism while still being able to read the defense and take the ball downfield as Griffin did.

However, like Rogers, Geno is a pocket passer that is looking to get the ball downfield with his arm and using his legs only as a last resort when the pocket collapses. If you've watched Rogers at Green Bay at all over the past couple of years and have also watched Geno at WVU, the similarities in their games are amazingly close.

HolyHat 01-27-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9355136)
If the Chiefs take Geno, I will wear Terrance Copper stuff in my avatar until he's no longer on the team

Bold LMAO

HolyHat 01-27-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9355158)
However, like Rogers, Geno is a pocket passer that is looking to get the ball downfield with his arm and using his legs only as a last resort when the pocket collapses. If you've watched Rogers at Green Bay at all over the past couple of years and have also watched Geno at WVU, the similarities in their games are amazingly close.

My pants are messy now, thanks Sac

ARROW2 01-27-2013 12:48 PM

If we don't pick Geno.......F the new regime.....period.