ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The worst state prison. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=116315)

Rain Man 05-14-2005 12:29 PM

The worst state prison.

Hypothetical situation: You're minding your own business, and the police bust down your door and arrest you for illegal pit bull ownership, online chatting with a teenage transsexual, or voting for Ralph Nader.

You're jailed and assigned a public defender who is planning a run for city council, so she doesn't have time to defend you. She turns you over to a summer intern from Itawamba Junior College who can never remember if 'guilty' or 'not guilty' means that you're pleading innocent. He guesses wrong, and judge accepts your plea.

The judge just had a bad day because the batteries died on the genitalia enlarger underneath his robe, so he gives you the maximum sentence of 11 years, which will be reduced to 3 if you maintain good behavior and if you'll make him a personalized license plate that reads HUNGJURIST.

Off you go to prison. What would be the state prison that would be worst in which to be incarcerated?

Since we're limited to 25 poll options, I'll enter the states in pairs. Pick the pair that includes your worst state for imprisonment, and let us know which state it is.

Poll coming, as soon as we find 12 angry men to vote on it.

Bowser 05-14-2005 12:33 PM

We need the Final Jeopardy music right about now.....

Rain Man 05-14-2005 12:35 PM

I'd have to go with Louisiana. I just imagine that their prisons would be corrupt, wet, and crawling with roaches.

Skip Towne 05-14-2005 12:35 PM

I'm guessing Arkansas or Mississippi since they are among the poorest states.

Ebolapox 05-14-2005 12:36 PM

Mexico... errr, new mexico

-EB-

Bowser 05-14-2005 12:37 PM

California/Nevada

chief52 05-14-2005 12:45 PM

Pelican Bay State Prison in Northern California is supposed to house the worst of the worst. Hell hole...

4th and Long 05-14-2005 12:49 PM

Texas. They execute people fatser than McDonalds can whip up a cheese burger.

Otter 05-14-2005 12:53 PM

There's a prison about an hour and a 1/2 north of where I live in Lewisburg which, from what I hear, is a pretty tough place to do time. At least back in the day it was.

That's where they sent all the mafioso from New York and New Jersey when they got busted. Paulie Vario (Paulie from Goodfellas), Jimmy "the gent" Burke (that's his real name, not Jimmy Conneway like in the movie) and the rest of their crew all did time.

What does this have to do with your poll you ask...I have no idea.

Eleazar 05-14-2005 01:37 PM

They house some bad individuals at Leavenworth, I don't think I would want to be going to summer camp there.

mlyonsd 05-14-2005 01:39 PM

The only way I could make a judgement is knowing which satellite provider they use.

Eleazar 05-14-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd
The only way I could make a judgement is knowing which satellite provider they use.

ROFL yeah, I'd need to know whether they served Coke or Pepsi, and whether the site was PS2 or Xbox.

Rain Man 05-14-2005 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter
There's a prison about an hour and a 1/2 north of where I live in Lewisburg which, from what I hear, is a pretty tough place to do time. At least back in the day it was.

That's where they sent all the mafioso from New York and New Jersey when they got busted. Paulie Vario (Paulie from Goodfellas), Jimmy "the gent" Burke (that's his real name, not Jimmy Conneway like in the movie) and the rest of their crew all did time.

What does this have to do with your poll you ask...I have no idea.

Those guys probably aren't going to marry you in prison, though. Heck, they might even give you a job when you get out.

I'd think it'd be worse to be in a prison where most of the people are uneducated, dimwitted thugs. (Why did junior high school just flash into my mind?)

JOhn 05-14-2005 01:41 PM

I went with Wyoming, though it should have been paired with Montana. Mainly because the state pen here, is old and very bad shape from what I hear. And with the brutal winters it is cold as hell, second only to Montana State pen in Deer Lodge. :eek:

JOhn 05-14-2005 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I'm guessing Arkansas or Mississippi since they are among the poorest states.

Wyoming would rank right up there, well it did untill the mineral money started pooring in the last couple years.