ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Deberg_1990 09-24-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5051079)
Watching Drop Zone right now. Damn the Early 90s were bad.

hahaha...

Interesting bit of trivia. That flick was originally supposed to be a Steven Seagal flick.

Imagine Seagal skydiving....ROFL

PunkinDrublic 09-25-2008 11:09 AM

Saw Lakeview Terrace last week. Nothing groundbreaking but Samuel Jackson even if he is essentially playing the same person he plays in a lot of other movies is fun to watch. One of those actors you pay to see a good performance even if the movie isn't that great.

Buehler445 09-25-2008 08:22 PM

I saw Black Snake Moan was playing on one of the channels. Is it worth watching when it comes on again or not?

NewChief 09-25-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5053807)
I saw Black Snake Moan was playing on one of the channels. Is it worth watching when it comes on again or not?

Yes. Very much so.

Fairplay 09-26-2008 04:31 AM

I'am so embarrassed i seen this movie, (that alas i fess up and admit it.)the little women choosing of course.

Thats how bad this movie is.
It's in bold type also, get my drift?

You know how you have to see a womens movie because well, she makes you?

My best friends girl is awful, the humor in it is a new low. They try the shock humor technique like in good luck chuck. Insult after insult. In this movie you do not care about any of the characters. More like, why did you do this film dumb f_**k? (actors i mean). Actors need coke money also i suppose, no matter how shi**y the script.
Need we say cashola?$$$ In fact, we were debating on where to eat half way through this film.

Don't waste your time. I hope this movie bombs out in the worst of ways.

Kate Hudson needs a serious boob job by the way, She's as flat as a pancake almost. Her innocent in her movie later makes you makes you feel she is a full fleged tramp after the movie. Kate Hudons character takes her to an all new low. Whore, tramp, slut, what ever you call it these days.

Rotten tomatoes gives it a 10 percercent
. lol Need i say more?

cdcox 09-27-2008 07:18 PM

Saw Eagle Eye. Check your brain at the door and enjoy.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-28-2008 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 5052266)
Saw Lakeview Terrace last week. Nothing groundbreaking but Samuel Jackson even if he is essentially playing the same person he plays in a lot of other movies is fun to watch. One of those actors you pay to see a good performance even if the movie isn't that great.

When I saw the preview for that I told my wife that I liked the idea more when Ray Liotta did it 16 years ago.

Deberg_1990 09-28-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5060550)
When I saw the preview for that I told my wife that I liked the idea more when Ray Liotta did it 16 years ago.

Yea, all they did was put a racial spin on the whole thing.

ragedogg69 09-28-2008 05:20 PM

I have been needing to post some movies I have seen recently.

Eagle Eye Simply awful. The main twist? Ripping off a very popular movie franchise from the 80's and 90's. 1/5

Choke I saw this simply because i loved the book. Good not great. I cant believe they left the rape scene in it. (not what you would expect) Although they left something out of the ending that really made the plot incomplete in a way. 3/5

My best Friend's Girl I really liked it. Dane Cook as a douche works because, well he is a douche. Not a stretch. I enjoyed the mean humor. Some may not. 4/5

Ghost Town If you love akward humor, youll love this movie. I was surprised what an asshole Ricky played. It was okay for me. 3/5

as you can guess, I have been hitting up the $5 matinees.

Balls of Fury caught this on hbo. I was in the right mood for it. Had its moments. 3/5

Baby Lee 10-01-2008 08:52 PM

Man did I pick the time to send my netflix back, got Iron Man, Sarah Marshall and Snow Angels in the mail today.

Now to find a little free time. UGH!!

Robo-Chachi 10-02-2008 09:30 PM

Rented Speed Racer and watched it with the wife and 8 year old. First, just got our HDTV and it looked amazing on it. Secondly, it's a really entertaining movie. Gave it 4 stars on Netflix. Enjoyed it much more than I expected.

Sure-Oz 10-02-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo-Chachi (Post 5076864)
Rented Speed Racer and watched it with the wife and 8 year old. First, just got our HDTV and it looked amazing on it. Secondly, it's a really entertaining movie. Gave it 4 stars on Netflix. Enjoyed it much more than I expected.

Did you watch it on Blu-Ray? I have it on my netflix Que for BR, and heard it looks amazing.

Robo-Chachi 10-02-2008 10:11 PM

Don't have Blu-Ray. Just watched on my XBox 360 hooked up to my HD and it looked great. I have a feeling it would look great even on a regular TV. It should be amazing on Blu-Ray though.

Sure-Oz 10-03-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo-Chachi (Post 5077066)
Don't have Blu-Ray. Just watched on my XBox 360 hooked up to my HD and it looked great. I have a feeling it would look great even on a regular TV. It should be amazing on Blu-Ray though.

Very cool, heard people either loved or hated that movie...

Buck 10-03-2008 01:39 PM

I haven't seen Speed Racer, but I think I'm going to buy it on Blu-ray