ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV NBC cans 30 Rock, Community, and Parks and Rec (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259373)

kcxiv 05-09-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8605231)
I like the two NCIS shows, Big Bang, Mother and CSI that is it. CSI wasn't in that after Grissom left but this year has been surprisingly good as they got back to what made the show good. Less emo BS.

ooh yeah, big bang, thats a good one for me too.

kcxiv 05-09-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8605143)
And yet The Office lives?

No wonder NBC sucks. It's run by idiots.

So, they are supposed to keep TV shows on that arent profitable? how is that being an idiot? There were shows on TV that i thought were really damned good, but didnt get the ratings. I understand that the old saying of , if it dont make dollars it dont make sense applies here.

Ive learned from shows like Traveler and Journeymen.

|Zach| 05-09-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8605229)
Thats not a bad thing if your in the business of making money.

Well, i do like a few of their shows, How I met your Mother, well, the first 5 seasons, and Persons of Interest, is actually a bad ass show. ooh and Survivor. thats my CBS shows.

Yea, thats fine.

Just saying its shit.

|Zach| 05-09-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8605234)
ooh yeah, big bang, thats a good one for me too.

Horrible.

007 05-09-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8605238)
So, they are supposed to keep TV shows on that arent profitable? how is that being an idiot? There were shows on TV that i thought were really damned good, but didnt get the ratings. I understand that the old saying of , if it dont make dollars it dont make sense applies here.

Ive learned from shows like Traveler and Journeymen.

Outside of Chuck, I have avoided NBC shows like the plague since they have ADD. NBC doesn't stick with anything.

keg in kc 05-09-2012 04:17 PM

There have been a few recent shows outside of the sitcoms. Prime Suspect was good, and Awake is good, but neither of them could draw viewers in that time slot. Chuck was good, and obviously always had viewership problems. Grimm is good, and I think it's actually gotten a second season.

The problem isn't NBC. The problem is people not watching NBC. That's ultimately what determines what stays on the air.

BigMeatballDave 05-09-2012 04:20 PM

P&R is cancelled?

**** you NBC!

007 05-09-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8605253)
There have been a few recent shows outside of the sitcoms. Prime Suspect was good, and Awake is good, but neither of them could draw viewers in that time slot. Chuck was good, and obviously always had viewership problems. Grimm is good, and I think it's actually gotten a second season.

The problem isn't NBC. The problem is people not watching NBC. That's ultimately what determines what stays on the air.

People aren't watching NBC for a reason so that makes NBC the problem.

Hammock Parties 05-09-2012 04:23 PM

30 rock is one of the dumbest, unfunniest shows i've ever seen.

It's like 30 minutes of the worst SNL shit.

007 05-09-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8605268)
30 rock is one of the dumbest, unfunniest shows i've ever seen.

It's like 30 minutes of the worst SNL shit.

Hell, all the NBC comedies suck ass. I've tried them all and just plain don't enjoy them. Nothing like watching morons run a company. Heh, guess that is how NBC runs theirs.

ABC Wednesday is my comedy night.

Deberg_1990 05-09-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8605253)

Im inclined to agree with you. All these sitcoms were well liked by critics and a small loyal audience. Alot of the problem is small viewership for network TV as a whole anymore. The audience is so fractured with so many more TV channels and entertainment options available than years ago. Plus i really question how accurate the antiquated Nielson system is anymore?

BigMeatballDave 05-09-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8605276)

ABC Wednesday is my comedy night.

Modern Family is awesome.

I love P&R. I'm surprised The Office didn't get the ax.
Its been running on fumes for awhile.

KcMizzou 05-09-2012 04:42 PM

Community was always good, occasionally brilliant. I'll miss it and P&R.

Deberg_1990 05-09-2012 04:43 PM

IM not going to do the research but i would guess the top rated shows on Network TV today only get about half the audience of the top rated shows from 20-30 years ago.

Direckshun 05-09-2012 04:43 PM

Were they getting poor ratings?

I thought 30 Rock and P&R were still churning out great material.

Community was once my favorite show, but it ran out of steam this season -- I think it's past its apex.

Community did, at least, give me one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen:

http://vimeo.com/24954002