ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football What would it take for your fanhood to change. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272766)

Anyong Bluth 05-04-2013 07:41 PM

Death, I am mercilessly forever tied to my hometown teams- unless the entire team committed atrocities against man like ethic cleansing or some shit. Then, I'd probably have to take a few years off and at least wait for a complete roster turnover.

tecumseh 05-04-2013 08:02 PM

Sounds like you already made your choice. It costs you nothing and no one cares if you go. I am and will always be a Chiefs fan. I enjoy watching other teams and root for them as long as their not playing KC. Coaches and players come and go, but when they're on the Chiefs , they are a part of my team. Let's win! The Chiefs have and will always be the only team in my heart.

crazycoffey 05-04-2013 08:28 PM

It took a move to Kansas and Al Davis shipping Marcus Allen to KC for my first and last fandom change. So I guess if I move to someplace that gets Charles and Hali, I'll have to consider it

AussieChiefsFan 05-04-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9656633)
The only thing that would even make me think about changing would be if they ever left Kansas City.

Even if they moved to LA and were in my backyard, they belong in Kansas City.

Other than that, I will never leave the Chiefs. I've put in way too much time watching them suck to turn away now. It's like the Royals. And honestly, I think I'll be more annoyed when people jump on the bandwagon when they start winning than anything else.

If they moved I too would find it tough to continue supporting them (especially if they changed their logo, name, uniform). Being from Australia, you may find it odd that I couldn't just say "Who care's, it's just another city I haven't been to before". But over the years I've grown to like Kansas City very much, and hopefully will get to visit one day. This being said, even thought it would be tough, I think I would continue supporting them (assuming there's no team in KC), opposed to latch onto another NFL team.

AussieChiefsFan 05-04-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9657798)
It took a move to Kansas and Al Davis shipping Marcus Allen to KC for my first and last fandom change. So I guess if I move to someplace that gets Charles and Hali, I'll have to consider it

You used to be a raider fan?

crazycoffey 05-04-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9657807)
You used to be a raider fan?

I lived near Denver and as a teenager my friends and I were raiders fans to piss off our bronco loving dads.

AussieChiefsFan 05-04-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9657819)
I lived near Denver and as a teenager my friends and I were raiders fans to piss off our bronco loving dads.

Guess that still works. Chiefs fans to piss off your broncos loving dads. LMAO

crazycoffey 05-04-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9657825)
Guess that still works. Chiefs fans to piss off your broncos loving dads. LMAO

At first I was so heart broken about Allen, his SB over the redskins was one of the greatest games I've ever watched. I love football 100 times more than any other sport. I moved in around 90-91 actually, but since 89 - 92 weren't good years for allen it was hard to not notice the emergence of DT and the chiefs defense.

So in 93 the change felt natural. Plus in 94 I was working as a photo intern for a small city paper, I usually just did darkroom work with some small mundain shot work - mostly high school sports.

I got a press pass for the field when some local cheerleaders were involved with the KC cheerleader camp. My girl friend was one of those high school cheerleaders, I was a senior. I have no idea how many rolls of film I shot that day, but I was on the field during warm ups, Dan Saleaumua, Carter, DT, Neil smith, Allen. It was amazing. I kept that developed film for many years. But it's been lost by now, unfortunately.

Oh and the paper ran a special edition with about 25-30 of my shots. Mostly of the cheerleader camp performance.

Ming the Merciless 05-04-2013 09:17 PM

the chiefs moving.....

LA or east coast would do it 4 sure

MOhillbilly 05-04-2013 09:26 PM

Bunch a emo bitches.

|Zach| 05-04-2013 09:29 PM

I could never ever root for another team. I would stop watching before I actively watch another team.

It is all about Kansas City. Period.

mlyonsd 05-04-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9657960)
the chiefs moving.....

LA or east coast would do it 4 sure

This. It's like an Alaskan salmon implant thing. Chiefs move and I might not care about the NFL.

|Zach| 05-04-2013 09:35 PM

If the Chiefs left and did god knows what and another team came here? They would be the team and the Chiefs would be a fond memory. (unlikely I know)

keg in kc 05-04-2013 10:16 PM

I think the only way it could happen is if I moved. And probably not even then.

tooge 05-04-2013 10:20 PM

I won't be a front runner. Plain and simple. Chiefs are my team, suck or ot