ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271396)

Tribal Warfare 03-22-2013 12:01 PM

Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’

Marvel Surprise: Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’

EXCLUSIVE: Here is a fun Marvel scoop. I’m hearing that Robert Redford is in discussions to join the cast of Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger, the sequel that brings Chris Evans back as the shield-carrying superhero. Redford is in talks to play a senior leadership role in S.H.I.E.L.D., the superhero collective run by Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury character. Joe and Anthony Russo are directing the film from a script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, whose Marvel script credits include Captain America: The First Avenger and the upcoming Thor: The Dark World. The sequel will be released by Disney April 4, 2014.

In between running his Sundance empire, Redford most recently starred in All Is Lost, the J.C. Chandor-scripted and directed survival tale. While Marvel was predictably mum as Kevin Feige’s unit always is on casting matters, Marvel characters have a tendency to show up in other superhero movies, and I believe that is likely to be on the menu for Redford. It will be somewhat ironic for the patriarch of independent cinema to become a regular in some of Hollywood’s biggest studio blockbusters. Redford’s repped by WME

Deberg_1990 03-22-2013 12:52 PM

Wow, thats interesting....i got the feeling he was sort of "above" this sort of material.

But i guess hes got to eat too.

Tribal Warfare 04-01-2013 02:35 PM

Robert Redford video bite

Tribal Warfare 04-02-2013 04:02 PM

Redford Confirms He’ll Play ‘Head of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ in Captain America 2

Although Robert Redford already confirmed he has joined the cast of Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the veteran actor revealed to SPINOFF ONLINE this morning precisely what role he’ll play.

Asked by SPINOFF’ during a press roundtable for The Company You Keep about portraying a senior S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, as previously reported, Redford was quick to clarify,
Quote:

“Well, the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. The head of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

“The Captain America thing is just a very simple thing,” he continued. “I wanted to do something different. I wanted to do something just to be different. Something bold, different. And that felt like a good thing to do. That was it, nothing more to it than that. Well, it’s bold in terms of expectations, I guess. ”
Redford joins returning cast members Chris Evans (Captain America/Steve Rogers), Sebastian Stan (Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier), Toby Jones (Arnim Zola) and Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), along with Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Anthony Mackie (Sam Wilson/Falcon), Emily VanCamp (Sharon Carter), Frank Grillo (Crossbones) and Max Hernandez (Agent Jasper Sitwell).

Directed by brothers Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is believed to be based on the Captain America storyline of the same name, which revealed Captain America’s sidekick Bucky Barnes didn’t die as expected during the war. Instead, an amnesiac Bucky got snatched by the Soviets, fitted with a bionic arm and programmed to serve as an assassin known as the Winter Soldier. The secret is revealed in the present day after Barnes attacks the Red Skull and blows up part of Philadelphia. The film opens in 3D on April 4, 2014.

WhiteWhale 04-03-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9521200)
Wow, thats interesting....i got the feeling he was sort of "above" this sort of material.

But i guess hes got to eat too.

He probably was, like so many others, above it until he saw all the goddamn money they make.

Deberg_1990 04-03-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9553405)
He probably was, like so many others, above it until he saw all the goddamn money they make.

Heh, of course it’s a “paycheck” job. I get that. What I don’t understand is why Marvel feels they need him? The younger audience has no idea who he is or he isn’t relevant to them, and they obviously don’t need him to increase box offce.

WhiteWhale 04-03-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9553418)
Heh, of course it’s a “paycheck” job. I get that. What I don’t understand is why Marvel feels they need him? The younger audience has no idea who he is or he isn’t relevant to them, and they obviously don’t need him to increase box offce.

I can't answer that.

They could cast a bunch of apes in their films and gross 400 million domestic. People go for the spectacle and then rationalize the rest.

I'm seriously sick of comic movies and I grew up a comic fan. It's kind of weird seeing something you were made fun of for reading 20 years ago become so incredibly mainstream.

DaneMcCloud 04-03-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9553405)

Yeah, Robert Redford doesn't have any money.

:facepalm:

He's only been acting for 50+ years, been an Oscar Winner, founded the Sundance Film Festival and later started the Sundance Channel and is worth a couple hundred million dollars. I'm sure he really needed the payday from the next Captain America film to stay afloat.

DaneMcCloud 04-03-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9553418)

"They" don't need him. But if Robert Redford decides he want to be in a film, I'm pretty certain he doesn't get turned down.

Hammock Parties 04-03-2013 10:26 PM

He's probably doing it for his grandchildren or something.

Tribal Warfare 04-11-2013 09:03 AM

CAPTAIN AMERICA 2: the NEW Suit for THE WINTER SOLDIER

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/imag...w-cap-suit.jpg

Halfcan 04-12-2013 12:05 PM

the first one sucked- I hope this one sucks less-lol

Tribal Warfare 05-02-2013 09:07 AM

http://www.superherohype.com/images/.../May/bucky.jpg

concept art of the Winter Soldier

Tribal Warfare 06-27-2013 07:08 PM

Disney previews new Thor, Captain America films

On Wednesday afternoon, Disney’s CineEurope presentation was led by a never-before-seen production featurette for Thor: The Dark World. As with The Avengers, the film will launch in Europe before the US (it starts rolling out in October). Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones) directs and Chris Hemsworth again stars as Thor.

The studio also showed footage and behind-the-scenes footage from Captain America The Winter Soldier, which launches in spring 2014. Production artwork was revealed for new villain The Falcon, played by Anthony Mackie. Director Joe Russo said in a taped interview: “It’s going to be much greater than any Marvel movie to date.”

Deberg_1990 06-27-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9780393)

The studio also showed footage and behind-the-scenes footage from Captain America The Winter Soldier, which launches in spring 2014. Production artwork was revealed for new villain The Falcon, played by Anthony Mackie. Director Joe Russo said in a taped interview: “It’s going to be much greater than any Marvel movie to date.”

I thought Falcon was good?

Tribal Warfare 06-27-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9780403)
I thought Falcon was good?

http://marvel.com/universe/Falcon_(Sam_Wilson)

Spoiler!

keg in kc 10-24-2013 11:31 AM

Holy shit.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NLWsK1ZFunA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sure-Oz 10-24-2013 11:38 AM

Looks pretty good

the Talking Can 10-24-2013 11:41 AM

actually looks alright

Deberg_1990 10-24-2013 04:40 PM

This looks great! Marvel is on point again!
Posted via Mobile Device

whoman69 10-25-2013 07:28 AM

When is the last time Redford was actually in a movie?

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10122360)
When is the last time Redford was actually in a movie?

He's into producing and starring in Indie movies these days. He recently did a film with my neighbor that also starred Shia Lebeouf.

He's got a pretty heavy slate upcoming, especially for a 77 year old.

Deberg_1990 10-25-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10122587)
He's into producing and starring in Indie movies these days. He recently did a film with my neighbor that also starred Shia Lebeouf.

He's got a pretty heavy slate upcoming, especially for a 77 year old.

He's also getting some Oscar buzz for his lost at sea drama "All is Lost". Looks good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 01-19-2014 09:23 AM

'Stalingrad' Actor Thomas Kretchmann to Play Villain in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'

Thomas Kretschmann, who plays Abraham van Helsing on NBC's Dracula, has signed on for a major villain role in The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Joss Whedon is writing and directing the sequel, which reunites the main cast of Marvel's massive superhero team-up movie. The movie is also adding new actors and heroes to the fold, such as Elizabeth Olsen as the Scarlett Witch and Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver.

Additionally, the main villain is a sentient artificial being known as Ultron, who will be played by James Spader.

Sources say that Kretschmann will play Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, an antagonist for both Captain America (Chris Evans) and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). In the comics, the man was a Nazi officer who becomes one of the heads of HYDRA, a terrorist organization.

Kretschmann's other credits include Peter Jackson's King Kong and Wanted with Angelina Jolie. He is also one of the stars of Stalingrad, the acclaimed Russian war movie that will be released on IMAX domestically in February.

Tribal Warfare 01-24-2014 03:51 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/alrsYvRqFtQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 01-24-2014 05:48 PM

Really looking forward to this. Interesting how they are basically starting the Summer movie season a month early with this opening in early April. I guess they moved it because of Spiderman opening in early May.

Ragged Robin 01-24-2014 08:04 PM

Can't believe Winter Soldier reaches the big screen before Nightwing does.. DC deserves a lot of facepalm.

Setsuna 01-24-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10392038)
Can't believe Winter Soldier reaches the big screen before Nightwing does.. DC deserves a lot of facepalm.

They would need 2 movies at least for him to even be there.

Ragged Robin 01-24-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10392140)
They would need 2 movies at least for him to even be there.

No they don't. They just need a half-decent script. There's speculation that he's going to be in Batman vs Superman too.

beach tribe 01-24-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10392038)

Outside of Nolan DC is nothing but facepalm.

Compared to Marvel anyway.

BWillie 01-25-2014 02:54 PM

Ugh...the first one was so bad. Then I saw the Avengers and couldnt figure out how that movie set a box office record.

Mecca 01-26-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10392895)
Ugh...the first one was so bad. Then I saw the Avengers and couldnt figure out how that movie set a box office record.

For someone who doesn't like super hero movies you sure watch a lot of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 01-30-2014 06:17 PM

http://wpc.556e.edgecastcdn.net/8055...ZLs2nk_1_m.jpg

http://wpc.556e.edgecastcdn.net/8055...ATMDwu_2_m.jpg

http://wpc.556e.edgecastcdn.net/8055...z9Ceon_1_m.jpg

http://wpc.556e.edgecastcdn.net/8055...JDhXMR_1_m.jpg

Gravedigger 01-30-2014 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=Tribal Warfare;10403038]

http://wpc.556e.edgecastcdn.net/8055...z9Ceon_1_m.jpg

That is a terrible poster, it looks like shes bobbing her head back and forth dancing to music with her guns. While this is Scarlett Johansen and everything she does it hot, it still looks awkward.

Easy 6 01-30-2014 10:36 PM

I dont care what anyone thinks, Avengers 3-D was awesome, rarely have I ever felt that I got more than my $8 worth from a movie, but I sure did on this one.

Gravedigger 01-30-2014 11:51 PM

I liked the first Cap film. I thought it had the most heart out of them all, Chris Evans definitely was a good choice imo. I personally thought Cap looked like the weakest Avenger in The Avengers. He gets beat up the whole movie and in the end only saves a handful of people from a building. I hope Cap is represented better in The Age of Ultron.

keg in kc 02-03-2014 03:36 AM

Not sure how I missed this during the game, but....wow...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7SlILk2WMTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 02-03-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10410593)
Not sure how I missed this during the game,

I don't think they showed this full trailer during the game? I remember only seeing about a 30 second clip. They then directed you to the web to watch the full trailer. a few movies did this last night.

This just keeps looking better and better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445 02-03-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10410672)
I don't think they showed this full trailer during the game? I remember only seeing about a 30 second clip. They then directed you to the web to watch the full trailer. a few movies did this last night.

Posted via Mobile Device

Agree. I saw the trailer and it didn't show nearly that much. Looks like Marvel is firing some pretty big guns in this one.

keg in kc 02-03-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10410672)

Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't even see the 30 during the game, I must've fast-forwarded through it.

Best viewing of the superbowl I've ever had, by the way. Started watching about 7 o'clock, fast-forwarded through a bunch of the crappy commercials. Got synched up with live with about 5 minutes to go.

Rausch 02-03-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10392202)

Good to see after DC owning the BO for the first 50 years of Supes flicks...

Deberg_1990 02-03-2014 05:38 PM

So Captain A needs Falcons help.

So once again I ask, why doesn't he call Tony Stark, Thor and Bruce Banner as well?

keg in kc 02-03-2014 05:51 PM

Rumor today that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are in the movie in some way (maybe just mentioned but not seen). Part of the lead-in to Age of Ultron.

Anyong Bluth 02-04-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10392202)

Their straight to home release animated movies are very good. Theatre releases are shaky at best for their track record. Superman is a tough one to tackle because the bastard is invincible so it detracts from creating a real drama in my opinion. You can only play out the various methods of delivery of kryptonite story so much when we're talking about a series of movies.

Tribal Warfare 02-04-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10411994)

So once again I ask, why doesn't he call Tony Stark, Thor and Bruce Banner as well?

War Machine !!!!!!!!!!

keg in kc 03-04-2014 10:52 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hyMFyIO9Y4k?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 03-04-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Because Banner doesn't want to be called. He doesn't want to be the Hulk or have any part of this "team."

Stark is in the middle of having panic attacks and impulsive behaviors like destroying his own suits to distance himself from the supes life (in IM3.)

Thor is an ET/god.

How the **** do you get one of those on the phone?

On top of that keep in mind Cap was frozen in ice in 1945 and thawed out in (insert date of first CA film.) Just going to the grocery store ****ing confuses the guy...

Rausch 03-04-2014 11:50 PM

For those not complete comix geeks there's another Hulk/Falcon tie in.

Quote:

Jim Wilson first appeared in The Incredible Hulk #131 as an angry young man who befriends the Hulk. Throughout the years, Jim Wilson would often appear as a friend of Bruce Banner, following Banner/Hulk throughout much of the 1970s as one of the few people that Banner could trust. The Incredible Hulk #232 revealed that Sam Wilson, the superhero Falcon, was Jim's uncle.
In The Incredible Hulk #388 (early 90's,) Wilson enlists Rick Jones to play a benefit concert at a hospice for AIDS patients. On the drive from the airport, Wilson reveals to Jones that he is HIV-positive, and that his girlfriend left him. Wilson also informs Jones that an L.A. mob boss named Lang hired some thugs to kill Jefferson Wolfe, the "longtime companion" of his son, Tyler Lang, who is also HIV-positive. Lang blames Wolfe for giving Tyler the disease, and deeply resents the fact that Wolfe still appears in good health himself. When that fails (thanks to some timely help from the Falcon), the mob boss hires a supervillain named Speedfreek to crash the charity concert and kill Wolfe. During the assassination attempt, the palms of Jones' hands are badly slashed by Speedfreek, and Wilson receives a bloody chest wound. Rick is afraid to touch Wilson's wound, and after the Hulk defeats Speedfreek, it is up to him to rush Wilson to a hospital. Jones and the Hulk later secure evidence to send the mob boss to prison.
Wilson is again seen in The Incredible Hulk #420, in which he is attacked by a mob protesting the fact that a court has ordered an HIV-infected boy to be allowed into a public school. The Hulk is able to rescue Wilson from the mob, and takes him to the hi-tech medical facilities at the Mount, the secret headquarters of the Pantheon, the superhero group which the Hulk was a member of at the time. He learns that Wilson actually has AIDS now, and has had it for some time. In addition to the broken ribs he sustained in the mob attack, he is suffering from pneumocystis carinii pneumonia, and does not have long to live. Remembering the blood transfusion that the Hulk gave his cousin, Jennifer Walters (which turned her into the She-Hulk), Wilson asks Bruce Banner to give him a transfusion of his blood, hoping that the Hulk's blood would act as a cure to the virus. Banner initially refuses to take the risk of creating another monster, but eventually pretends to be giving Wilson a blood transfusion. Wilson reveals in private to Dr. Harr, the attending physician caring for him, that he was not fooled by Bruce's ruse, but played along anyway. Shortly afterward, Jim Wilson succumbs to the disease and dies.
After Wilson's death, Bruce donates a large sum of money to the hospice that Wilson worked at in order to allow them to comfortably exist for the next few decades.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Wilson_(comics)

This would be one of the story arcs that makes me recommend funny books to grown adults. It was one of the first mature approaches to the idea of a "partner" and a very blunt treatment of the topic of AIDS.

Extremely well written and a subtle (but impacting) part of the Hulk storyline...

Ragged Robin 03-05-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10413834)
Their straight to home release animated movies are very good. Theatre releases are shaky at best for their track record. Superman is a tough one to tackle because the bastard is invincible so it detracts from creating a real drama in my opinion. You can only play out the various methods of delivery of kryptonite story so much when we're talking about a series of movies.

This is only an issue for bad writers who need to crutch on mindless action scenes. There's so much you can do with Superman that has already been done. Read All Star Superman or At the End of Days, they will completely mind**** you.

In All Star, Lex tricks Superman into saving a space mission too close to the sun, over-radiating his cells which makes him more smart and powerful than ever but slowly kills him ala cancer. So right at the start both we and Supes knows he's going to die at the end. It basically becomes a "what would Superman do in his last few days of living?" type of episodic adventure and by the end he smashes atoms together with his fingers to create a universe in which there are no superheroes (our universe) so he could find out if the world would be okay without him. He also embeds himself into his own timeline so that he could see his dad once more before he dies.. it's incredible.

At the End of Days is just a fantastically nutty invasion story except it's a 5th dimensional creature invading Earth. Since time is the 4th dimension, he attacks the earth at all points in time simultaneously so he fights Superman throughout his entire life and defeats him in each instance except for the most current.. because since Superman's been fighting him his whole life, he already knows how to beat him ROFL

This is why I hate the whole Nolan/Snyder take on the DC Universe where they drag the characters down for the sake of "realism" and "grittyness." They don't need to be real or gritty to be interesting.. they're superheroes.

ThaVirus 03-05-2014 10:28 AM

Both of those story arcs sound dumb as shit...

Ragged Robin 03-05-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10467824)
Both of those story arcs sound dumb as shit...

What if I told you a story where Batman quits being Batman until Catwoman steals his mom's pearls and then Bane takes over Gotham and then gets shot by Catwoman while Batman takes a nuke into the ocean just like how the Adam West 60's movie ended ROFL

Or how about, Jonathan Kent dies saving his dog from a tornado so Supes becomes an emo bum before setting off a signal that leads Zod to Earth. They then punch each other on screen for an hour, resulting in the mass destruction of Metropolis and Smallville before Supes executes him by snapping his neck ROFL

Buehler445 03-05-2014 10:32 AM

But. I am pumped the **** up for the new CAP. It looks good. Very good.

ThaVirus 03-05-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10467833)
What if I told you a story where Batman quits being Batman until Catwoman steals his mom's pearls and then Bane takes over Gotham and then gets shot by Catwoman while Batman takes a nuke into the ocean just like how the Adam West 60's movie ended ROFL

That sounds much better.

I really just hate Superman. I mean, he's a ****ing beast don't get me wrong; but he's a pansy do-gooder and some of the shit he does is just so cheap.

Creating a new universe by rubbing his fingers together? Seriously..

beach tribe 03-05-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Stark is not playing hero right now.

Asgard isn't exactly a local call.

You don't fire up the Hulk unless the world is at stake.

GordonGekko 03-05-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10467833)

So you would prefer we live in a world where Nolan never touched Batman, a world where the The Dark Knight (2008) was never made? I'm not with you.

Tribal Warfare 03-05-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10468137)
Stark is not playing hero right now.

Asgard isn't exactly a local call.

You don't fire up the Hulk unless the world is at stake.

Spoiler!

Ragged Robin 03-05-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10468161)
So you would prefer we live in a world where Nolan never touched Batman, a world where the The Dark Knight (2008) was never made? I'm not with you.

Sure, it's a step up from Batman Forever but people talk about these movies like they are the end-all of all Batman stories when they're largely still shite. Anyone (Nolan and Snyder especially) who takes an established franchise and goes "you know what, how about we take these fictional superheroes and make them more real by making them wear makeup and armor and have them kill the bad guys at the end" is entirely missing the point. At least in the Marvel flicks there's none of that pretentious bullshit and they don't take themselves too seriously, which is a large part of their success.

I mean, come on. Man of Steel was like, "let's take the most uplifting and hopeful character and completely make him ****ing miserable and have a punch out fest for half an hour at the end before he executes Zod. What's more, let's even VISUALLY take out all the color and overlay it with with a complete gray/saturated look just so people know that this is a miserable and exhausting movie, even for the character. Why? Because it's more real." ROFL

keg in kc 03-06-2014 02:33 PM

<iframe id='ifplayer' name='ifplayer' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0' width='620' height='349' scrolling='no' src='http://www.fandango.com/fplayer/player.aspx?mid=155540&mpsguid=2440466900&dm=3&genre=Action/Adventure,&rt=&title=Exclusive:_Captain_America:_The_Winter_Soldier_-_Secure_the_Ship&w=620&h=349&emb=user' style='border: 0px none; visibility: visible' ></iframe>

Fish 03-06-2014 02:39 PM

Glad to see they're finally using his shield more. This might be pretty decent...

Easy 6 03-06-2014 03:14 PM

Yeah, these new trailers look bad ass.

ThaVirus 03-06-2014 03:45 PM

I feel like I get this feeling before every summer but... Damn.

I think this is gonna be a good one.

Deberg_1990 03-06-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10470577)
I feel like I get this feeling before every summer but... Damn.

I think this is gonna be a good one.

What's interesting is Marvel is effectively kicking off the summer movie season a month early with this. Sony had already claimed the traditional early May weekend with Spider Man.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe 03-07-2014 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10468704)
Spoiler!

Chris Evans, is signed on to do 9 movies so.....

Ragged Robin 03-07-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10468704)
Spoiler!

Will never happen. Movies != comic continuity. That's like asking "when is Dick Grayson going to be Batman on screen" -- just not gunna happen (sadly). They already did a nod to Bucky's run as Cap in the first movie where he uses the shield.

keg in kc 03-07-2014 10:22 AM

Interesting little set visit/interview: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66425

DaveNull 03-07-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10467434)
Because Banner doesn't want to be called. He doesn't want to be the Hulk or have any part of this "team."

Stark is in the middle of having panic attacks and impulsive behaviors like destroying his own suits to distance himself from the supes life (in IM3.)

Thor is an ET/god.

How the **** do you get one of those on the phone?

Rocket Racoon has you covered.

DaveNull 03-07-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10470691)
What's interesting is Marvel is effectively kicking off the summer movie season a month early with this. Sony had already claimed the traditional early May weekend with Spider Man.
Posted via Mobile Device

At this point with all the awesome stuff going on with Marvel Studios I don't even care about Spider Man.

Or as Groot would say, "I am Groot."

listopencil 03-07-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10467817)
This is only an issue for bad writers who need to crutch on mindless action scenes. There's so much you can do with Superman that has already been done. Read All Star Superman or At the End of Days, they will completely mind**** you.

In All Star, Lex tricks Superman into saving a space mission too close to the sun, over-radiating his cells which makes him more smart and powerful than ever but slowly kills him ala cancer. So right at the start both we and Supes knows he's going to die at the end. It basically becomes a "what would Superman do in his last few days of living?" type of episodic adventure and by the end he smashes atoms together with his fingers to create a universe in which there are no superheroes (our universe) so he could find out if the world would be okay without him. He also embeds himself into his own timeline so that he could see his dad once more before he dies.. it's incredible.

At the End of Days is just a fantastically nutty invasion story except it's a 5th dimensional creature invading Earth. Since time is the 4th dimension, he attacks the earth at all points in time simultaneously so he fights Superman throughout his entire life and defeats him in each instance except for the most current.. because since Superman's been fighting him his whole life, he already knows how to beat him ROFL

This is why I hate the whole Nolan/Snyder take on the DC Universe where they drag the characters down for the sake of "realism" and "grittyness." They don't need to be real or gritty to be interesting.. they're superheroes.

I think some of that you have to chalk up to the difference in mediums. Meanwhile...more Scarlett Johanssen as Black Widow. Yum.

listopencil 03-07-2014 03:29 PM

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...wz93wkdixc.gif

Anyong Bluth 03-07-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10472255)
I think some of that you have to chalk up to the difference in mediums. Meanwhile...more Scarlett Johanssen as Black Widow. Yum.

Shooting all her scenes for upcoming Marvel films now since she's preggo and before it shows.

That suit is going to explode in the chest after she's had her kid and her bust goes to "visible from space" levels!

No complaints from this side of the table, mind you.

keg in kc 03-11-2014 01:57 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wjewd9KLJJ4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 03-11-2014 10:13 PM

So do you all know something I don't know about Bucky being in it? I looked on IMDB and it looks like him, penny and Howard Stark are all in it. Is there word on WTF is going on? Is this a comic book thing I'm supposed to know?

AustinChief 03-11-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10482652)
So do you all know something I don't know about Bucky being in it? I looked on IMDB and it looks like him, penny and Howard Stark are all in it. Is there word on WTF is going on? Is this a comic book thing I'm supposed to know?

Ha, yep. Don't know if you want to be surprised or not but spoiler follows...

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 03-11-2014 11:08 PM

Yea, is it truly a spoiler about the Bucky thing?

Tribal Warfare 03-11-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10482854)
Yea, is it truly a spoiler about the Bucky thing?

some people don't read the comics at all, and take all their information from the movie continuity.

AustinChief 03-11-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10482912)
some people don't read the comics at all, and take all their information from the movie continuity.

Yup, if you only watch the films it will be a pretty big surprise unless you read it on the internet.

Buehler445 03-12-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10482919)
Yup, if you only watch the films it will be a pretty big surprise unless you read it on the internet.

Yeah. I had no clue. Most of the people I talk to IRL haven't read the comics.

Tribal Warfare 03-12-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10484244)
Yeah. I had no clue. Most of the people I talk to IRL haven't read the comics.

my buddies are in the same vein, hence the spoiler tags for the non-comic book hipsters.

keg in kc 03-18-2014 07:20 PM

This won't last long, first 10 minutes or so of the movie: http://www.blastr.com/2014-3-18/watc...dier-right-now

Psyko Tek 03-18-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10482652)

shhh that's a spoiler