ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Does this Chiefs team have a good chance to win the SuperBowl? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304148)

BossChief 12-02-2016 07:56 AM

Does this Chiefs team have a good chance to win the SuperBowl?

Losing Gronk is gonna hurt NEs chances.

KC already beat Denver and Oakland in their houses.

KC is getting Maclin, Nelson and Ford back...and might get Jamaal Charles back for the playoffs.

If KC takes care of business in the division and splits with ATL/Tenn, they have a real chance to get HFA. That happens, this team can beat anyone in the AFC at Arrowhead.

If they make it to the Super Bowl, they have a good chance to take down Dallas, Atlanta or Seattle.

Do you guys think this season has a good chance to end with the Lombardi trophy coming to KC?

Titty Meat 12-02-2016 08:00 AM

No

Shaid 12-02-2016 08:01 AM

We have to get better on offense and then we can beat anyone. We absolutely have the talent and a Gronkless NE is much easier to beat. Remember that last year they beat us with the quick crossing routes, which destroys man to man. No Gronk doesn't eliminate their ability to do that again. With our O like it currently is, we aren't getting past them.

stumppy 12-02-2016 08:01 AM

Define good.

BossChief 12-02-2016 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 12590853)
We have to get better on offense and then we can beat anyone. We absolutely have the talent and a Gronkless NE is much easier to beat. Remember that last year they beat us with the quick crossing routes, which destroys man to man. No Gronk doesn't eliminate their ability to do that again. With our O like it currently is, we aren't getting past them.

Adding Charles and Maclin to the offense that features Ware, Hill, Kelce and a strong OL should help the offense stay on the field longer. Also, Alex Smith has shown the ability to play at a higher level in the playoffs.

BossChief 12-02-2016 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12590854)
Define good.

Dee Ford, Chris Jones, Dontari Poe, Tamba Hali and Justin Houston forcing opposing passers to get rid of the ball quickly...Marcus Peters and Eric Berry capitalizing on imperfect passes.

The offense having scoring threats all over the place.

The best special teams in the league.

DaFace 12-02-2016 08:14 AM

IF we are relatively healthy headed into the playoffs and can get a bye to rest up, I think we've got as good of a chance as anyone.

But every time one guy gets healthy, another goes down. My guess is we'll still be pretty banged up.

Hydrae 12-02-2016 08:15 AM

Certainly the best chance this century. Not that I am feeling overly confident that it will happen but I would say there is a good chance that we can at least get to the dance and then this defense could do similar to what the Browncows did last year.

WhawhaWhat 12-02-2016 08:22 AM

I don't think Andy Reid vs Bill Belichick will ever typically be a good matchup for the Chiefs which will pose a problem as long as the Patriots are still in the AFC. I know the Chiefs had the big blowout on MNF but I think that game was the big anomaly. Andy can't out adjust the Patriots like he does with a lot of other teams.

That said if the Patriots fall before that happens, I think the Chiefs have a really good chance of getting to the SB. If the Cowboys from last night are the best team in the NFC, then I don't think the Chiefs would have much of a problem with them either.

Perineum Ripper 12-02-2016 08:23 AM

Good chance no..a chance, sure.. a blind squirrel can eventually find a nut

TEX 12-02-2016 08:23 AM

Don't think they have a "good" chance to win it. If they win the division and get a bye, their chances increase. I still think they don't have enough on offense. Maybe that changes with a healthy Maclin...Also, on defense, while good, there is always the chance that they get burned deep. Maybe that changes with a dominant pass rush provided by BOTH Dee and Justin. I don't think they have ONE thing they can point to and know, going in, that they have a strong advantage on their opponent that they can lean on to get them through a game. They do cause turnovers, but what happens if they don't? What can they count on to get them through it? They'll need a little luck, but that often happens to good teams en route. Just my take.

Dayze 12-02-2016 08:24 AM

Negative, Ghost Rider.

Lzen 12-02-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12590862)
IF we are relatively healthy headed into the playoffs and can get a bye to rest up, I think we've got as good of a chance as anyone.

But every time one guy gets healthy, another goes down. My guess is we'll still be pretty banged up.

Pretty much this is my view, as well. If the Chiefs can get relatively healthy. That's a big if.

Lzen 12-02-2016 08:26 AM

I voted no but this thinks we have a good chance.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...0&postcount=16

Garcia Bronco 12-02-2016 08:29 AM

I think it is a fair statement to say KC has a better than most chance of making it to the Super Bowl. When you think about it, that's not so bad.