ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Cell Phone Insurance (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267128)

Great Expectations 11-27-2012 03:55 PM

Cell Phone Insurance

Do you insure your cell phone? If so who do you use?

The Franchise 11-27-2012 03:56 PM

Yes and Sprint.

Titty Meat 11-27-2012 03:57 PM

Yes. Assurion sp? It's the third party company that works with Sprint. Seriously pay the extra 8 bucks or whatever a month if you have a nice phone it's worth it trust me.

The Franchise 11-27-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9157221)
Yes. Assurion sp? It's the third party company that works with Sprint. Seriously pay the extra 8 bucks or whatever a month if you have a nice phone it's worth it trust me.

I can vouch for that. I'm on my 4th EVO now.

Buehler445 11-27-2012 04:12 PM

No. I have an iPhone, and I know they cost a small fortune, but Verizon wanted a ****ing mint. I don't remember the numbers, but it was going to end up being a considerable amount of money.

Accordingly, I just buy Griffin Defender cases for it, and am happy with the results. In April it will be 2 years, and *knocks on wood* I haven't had any problems. Phone still looks brand new. I have unlimited data and am probably going to do what I can to avoid giving that up. It may come to running older phones (mine is old now) and not needing the big dollar plans.

Maybe I need to look into it again. I want to say the smartphone insurance was $15/ month. If it has come down, I may look into it.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9157224)
I can vouch for that. I'm on my 4th EVO now.

LOL Seriously?

I had one for 6 months and was flashing ROMs every other day and never had a problem.

SuperChief 11-27-2012 04:34 PM

Doesn't Apple have their own insurance plan?

journeyscarab 11-27-2012 04:44 PM

I do for the first year or so until the value of the phone drops below the deductible.

The Franchise 11-27-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9157276)
LOL Seriously?

I had one for 6 months and was flashing ROMs every other day and never had a problem.

1. Shattered Screen
2. Daughter threw it in the bathtub.
3. Vibration function stopped working
4. Current one.

DaveNull 11-27-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 9157313)
Doesn't Apple have their own insurance plan?

AppleCare. I think it's $150 when you buy a new iPhone and it covers accidental damage. You just pay $50 if you break it and they hand you a new phone. No big deal.

BWillie 11-27-2012 08:08 PM

Haven't you guys ever wanted to punt your phone? Well, get insurance and now you can.

sedated 11-27-2012 08:29 PM

Never. Its a scam for anyone responsible enough to take care of their phone (people with kids do not count - those monsters will destroy anything laying around).

At any point in your contract you can add 2 years to get the discount on a new phone, and I dont plan on changing my Sprint unlimited plan if I dont have to. If you keep your phone for 2 years, you've already spent the cost of a new phone for nothing.

I think I've had 4 or 5 phones over the last 10 years, the first one I paid for insurance, never used it. Since then Ive never bought insurance, never needed it.

aturnis 11-28-2012 12:08 AM

Yes. I use the hell out of it too.

I have Sprint, the worst cell provider in America. They won't let me go...

Silock 11-28-2012 12:21 AM

Yes. AppleCare. It's worth it, even if you're responsible. I woke up half awake to answer my phone one day, and in my still asleep state, grabbed the phone. Well, it was still attached to the power cord, and slipped right out of my hand and into a glass of water sitting on a table. Fried. Got a new one later that day for $50. Easy. First phone I've ever messed up, but if I hadn't had the insurance, I'd have been up shit creek.

Buehler445 11-28-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9158644)
Yes. AppleCare. It's worth it, even if you're responsible. I woke up half awake to answer my phone one day, and in my still asleep state, grabbed the phone. Well, it was still attached to the power cord, and slipped right out of my hand and into a glass of water sitting on a table. Fried. Got a new one later that day for $50. Easy. First phone I've ever messed up, but if I hadn't had the insurance, I'd have been up shit creek.

What does it cost?