ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SI Kansas City Chiefs 2013 Offseason Preview (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270016)

MahiMike 02-14-2013 11:48 AM

My stance as of today:

Let Albert walk
Take Joeckel #1
Take Glennon in 2nd round

<bends over, prepared for his pummeling>

htismaqe 02-14-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9402594)
Can I ask a simple question here?

Since when is a first round QB only worth it if he starts from day one?

Eli Manning didn't start from day one. Aaron Rodgers didn't start from day one. Carson Palmer didn't start from day one.

I realize that many, many did, but many of them failed as well. And despite my hatred for Palmer, he was having a good career before his knee got destroyed. Lost all power on his throws after that.

This article even says that the Broncos will be heavy favorites and it will take KC a few years to become contenders again. Even though that's bullshit in the modern NFL, shouldn't that make us MORE willing to pull the trigger on a QB that might take some time to become a reliable starter?

These people just have absolutely no secondary logic. They get one idea in their heads and run with it, never once considering the opposing thought.

http://www.miscupload.com/upload/609...4248106491.gif

htismaqe 02-14-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402609)
My stance as of today:

Let Albert walk
Take Joeckel #1

Forget the draft for a minute.

Why are you letting a LT walk when he's statistically top half and arguably top 10 in the league?

Deberg_1990 02-14-2013 11:51 AM

Kiper is another who continues to prove what a buffoon he is. Thinks we should trade out of the #1 spot.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/13...k=omni_popular

The Chiefs have started the process of setting their draft board, and the job will be finished by the time they arrive in Indianapolis for the scouting combine next week. The board obviously will be subject to some shuffling over the next couple of months leading up to the draft in April.

But no matter what happens, the Chiefs may be in no-man’s land with the first overall pick. The options with that choice don’t look particularly appetizing, and the chances of them getting a great player might be as good if they dropped back a few spots as they would be if the made that top selection.

That’s why ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper continues to advocate a trade down for the Chiefs.

“I think trading out is still the best option,’’ Kiper said today. “There’s no quarterback to remotely consider if you’re Kansas City. I would say if (the Chiefs) can get out of there, that’s the best option if they can, and there’s no guarantee they will be able to.’’
Kiper whittled his list to three of players he considers worthy of consideration by the Chiefs with that first pick: Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel, Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones and Utah defensive lineman Star Lotulelei.

The Chiefs have Branden Albert at left tackle, though he could be an unrestricted free agent if he doesn’t re-sign by March. They have Pro Bowlers at outside linebacker in Justin Houston and Tamba Hali. They also have invested heavily in the defensive line with the first round picks in recent drafts.

The best cornerback available in the draft is Alabama’s Dee Milliner. The Chiefs could use help at cornerback after cutting starter Stanford Routt midway through last season, and Kiper has Milliner rated as his fifth best draft-eligible player at any position.

But he doesn’t believe Milliner is worth the top pick.
“I don’t think it’s ridiculous because he’s certainly a good football player,’’ Kiper said. “He’s not Patrick Peterson. He’s not Deion Sanders. He’s not that type of player coming in. This guy wasn’t a starter until (last) year at Alabama, a full-time starter. Do I think he’s an elite player? No. The number one pick overall? No.’’

RealSNR 02-14-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9402615)

Why are you letting a LT walk when he's statistically top half and arguably top 10 in the league?

The eternal torment of cap hell

ModSocks 02-14-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Because he's the guy from SI.

Lets CREATE a hole on the team so we can fill that hole in the draft with our #1!

BRILLIANT!

siberian khatru 02-14-2013 11:54 AM

**** all these ignorant asshole writers.

**** ALL OF THEM.

MahiMike 02-14-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Can't really forget the draft though can you? They're tied together. No different that letting Bowe walk and getting a replacement. Contracts get ugly and $10M is still a lotta dough that could be spent on free agents and new signees.

ModSocks 02-14-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402636)
Can't really forget the draft though can you? They're tied together. No different that letting Bowe walk and getting a replacement. Contracts get ugly and $10M is still a lotta dough that could be spent on free agents and new signees.

Ok, imma be calm and rational with you because you've never given me a reason not too...but.....

Can you explain to me...And i mean a good explanation.....how Artificially CREATING a hole on your offense to simply fill that void with the #1 pick will make the offense better?

In what world....with ANYTHING, not just football, does it make sense to create a problem for yourself for the sole reason of fixing (maybe) fixing it later just to get the same results?

How does that make sense?

htismaqe 02-14-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402636)

Absolutely CAN forget the draft.

You just don't WANT to because it's the foundation of your argument.

You think you can get an upgrade to Albert at 1/4 of the cost.

Without the draft, you can't possibly justify letting Albert go. You'd simply look cheap.

As it stands, you look cheap AND reckless.

Deberg_1990 02-14-2013 12:07 PM

I wonder if the Ravens will just let Flacco walk and draft another QB. Plug and play league

htismaqe 02-14-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9402688)
I wonder if the Ravens will just let Flacco walk and draft another QB. Plug and play league

Flacco is gonna want $100M. You can get a guy in the draft for less than 10% of that!

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9402630)
**** all these ignorant asshole writers.

**** ALL OF THEM.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/custo...tar1583_24.gif

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

My stance as of today:

Let Albert walk
Take Joeckel #1

http://i.imgur.com/UPso2.gif

The Franchise 02-14-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

My stance as of today:

Let Albert walk
Take Joeckel #1

**** you.