ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Shogun 11-30-2012 11:22 PM

**** this franchise, had an opportunity to capture us again and let it go

DeezNutz 11-30-2012 11:22 PM

And people thought Hoch wasn't Moore's draft pick...

siberian khatru 11-30-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9165990)
This also signals to me that the org is pessimistic about obtaining another starting pitcher via trade or FA, which is almost as depressing as the decision to bring that turd back.

But I don't get that. They can't find someone for the same money to do better, or less money to do the same? Anywhere? REALLY?

alnorth 11-30-2012 11:23 PM

This was just.... demoralizing.

Maybe we'll sign a good pitcher, maybe this will be a false alarm, we'll cut Hoch later but even then we'll have wasted about $1MM for no good reason. If we were eager to cut him, we probably would have done it tonight!

I'm gonna play video games. G'night

BigMeatballDave 11-30-2012 11:24 PM

LMAO

siberian khatru 11-30-2012 11:24 PM

Of course, then there are people like this out there:

Eric Chippeaux ‏@ewchippe
@Greg_Schaum am I the only one who is not upset at this. I am fine with this decision. I am fine with one more year of him.

dallaschiefsfan 11-30-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9165990)
This also signals to me that the org is pessimistic about obtaining another starting pitcher via trade or FA, which is almost as depressing as the decision to bring that turd back.

Could be the exact opposite. Meaning, they might have stirred up enough interest in him that they are going to keep him as part of a trade next week. That might be a pipe dream, but teams actually do things like that prior to winter meetings. We'll see.

clyde05 11-30-2012 11:26 PM

I heard that the rays are interested in Hochever on 610, hope its true. I would give up Luke and Myers for shields and Hellickson in a heartbeat

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-30-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9166008)

@Greg_Schaum am I the only one who is not upset at this. I am fine with this decision. I am fine with one more year of him.

Eric later died in a fire after crashing into a burning aids tree. It appears he had anti-freeze in his system. Tragic.

siberian khatru 11-30-2012 11:27 PM

Craig Brown ‏@royalsauthority
Breaking: David Stern just fined the #Royals $250k for tendering a contract to Luke Hochevar.

alnorth 11-30-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9166001)
And people thought Hoch wasn't Moore's draft pick...

I'm not making that argument anymore. Hoch was his boy all along, I was stupid to think otherwise. And now he might, possibly, waste a year of possible contention to give his boy another chance, God damn it.

CaliforniaChief 11-30-2012 11:31 PM

Why do we have the GM's with emotional attachments?

KevB 11-30-2012 11:32 PM

Who is trading for a guy with one of the worst 10 ERA's in history for someone with 100 starts? I realize ERA isn't the end all be all stat anymore, but historically worst 10 in any f'ing stat should signal it's time to let this guy go sell insurance.

alnorth 11-30-2012 11:33 PM

To anyone who might possibly have an inkling of making the "well we don't have pitchers, what are ya gonna do, Hoch isn't worse than what we have in AAA or AA", argument, save it.

By offering Hoch a contract, he can refuse and take us to arbitration, In arbitration he'll probably get over $4 million.

We aren't necessarily pissed at having no pitching (though we ought to be able to find pitching in a trade), but if you are going to settle for Hoch, you could get a pitcher as crappy as him for the F'ing major league minimum. And for that money we'd save, maybe we could have paid someone else who was better. But no, we're dumb because Hoch has good stuff and gee wiz gollee gosh, he's always unlucky, but next year is the year, promise! No it, ****ing isn't. Hoch is garbage.

alnorth 11-30-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9166008)

*sigh*

He is an idiot