ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Nightfyre 05-28-2012 08:49 AM

They hit a pretty soft part of the schedule there. Cubs, Twins, and then the surprising sweep of the Indians.

Ceej 05-28-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8643112)
They hit a pretty soft part of the schedule there. Cubs, Twins, and then the surprising sweep of the Indians.

A series which they dominated the Tribe.

Hopefully the Royals can use some of the momentum they got in Baltimore and stomp on the throat of the Indians.

mr. tegu 05-28-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8643122)
A series which they dominated the Tribe.

Hopefully the Royals can use some of the momentum they got in Baltimore and stomp on the throat of the Indians.

They really need to at least take 2 of 3 from the Indians. So far this season in the central is playing out exactly like last season. Would be awesome though if the Royals come forward this time instead of the Tigers. This series is important to that notion.

Reaper16 05-28-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8642910)
Though I was being a smartass--surprise!--I believe that al and I agree on this point; there is such a thing as choking, but there isn't such a thing as "clutch." The latter suggests that a player can "turn it on," thereby holding something back in earlier situations.

Do I believe that pressure shakes some? Absolutely. Look no farther than pussies like Hochevar for proof of this, but this should come as no surprise, given how he entered the league.

I too think that clutchness is something talked about way too much, but I think that it does exist in some capacity. It wouldn't be so much "turning it on" though, because this player wouldn't have access to that special reserve of ability. It seems reasonable to me that some players respond better when the pressure is on. Not by their own agency, but for psychological reasons relating to motivation or something.

Chokers don't choose to choke; they don't manually turn on their failure switch. So clutch players are ones are the true opposite of chokers -- they inexplicably perform better in high-pressure situations, or as games near their conclusion.

Pablo 05-28-2012 12:32 PM

I haven't watched a game in a few days, but I see Hos has his BA over .200; good stuff.

What's he been doing differently?

Ceej 05-28-2012 12:34 PM

nm; found it. durr.

Mama Hip Rockets 05-28-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 8643384)
I haven't watched a game in a few days, but I see Hos has his BA over .200; good stuff.

Getting hits.

lewdog 05-28-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 8643384)

Well he is finally get some hard shots to fall for base hits. However, he is still over swinging at the plate and definitely no showing the patience that allowed him to succeed last year. He is still pressing a bit and trying to pull the ball on most pitches.

Discuss Thrower 05-28-2012 01:34 PM

Any objections to me creating the game thread?

Sure-Oz 05-28-2012 01:38 PM

Go for it...

Kyle DeLexus 05-28-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8642815)
Butler still "clogs the bases," right? Should trade him?

They shouldn't trade Soria. It'd be just like the Royals, they are a farm system for the Yankees. We need him for the playoffs, but we should trade Butler. /Typical Royals Fan

Pablo 05-28-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8643470)
Any objections to me creating the game thread?

GREAT JOB ON THE GAME THREAD, BUD.

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-28-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8643101)
MOAR DUBBLE PLAYES!!!!!!

You should ask Albert Pujols about those the last couple years.

KCUnited 05-28-2012 07:36 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jRNJluKik2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeezNutz 05-28-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8643261)
I too think that clutchness is something talked about way too much, but I think that it does exist in some capacity. It wouldn't be so much "turning it on" though, because this player wouldn't have access to that special reserve of ability. It seems reasonable to me that some players respond better when the pressure is on. Not by their own agency, but for psychological reasons relating to motivation or something.

Chokers don't choose to choke; they don't manually turn on their failure switch. So clutch players are ones are the true opposite of chokers -- they inexplicably perform better in high-pressure situations, or as games near their conclusion.

I can get on board with all of this.