ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

KevB 03-25-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8486619)
We have a ChiefsPlanet fantasy league that some of you are already signed up for. We currently have 8 or 9 teams, and need another 1 to 3 teams to have a full league. $25 entry, Yahoo head to head league. Draft is Monday night at 8 pm. PM me if you're interested.

Draft is tomorrow night, we still only have 8 teams.

Reaper16 03-26-2012 09:19 AM

<s>@</s>brokenbatsingleHere's the entire list of players with a lower BB% than Yuni with more than 270 PA in 2011: Humberto Quintaro.

UGH.

AndChiefs 03-26-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8492973)
Draft is tomorrow night, we still only have 8 teams.

I'd consider it but I can't make the draft. Good luck.

AndChiefs 03-26-2012 04:14 PM

Great outing for Mendoza again today.

alnorth 03-26-2012 09:09 PM

I was at the game today, very encouraging to see a great outing from Mendoza, we need him, Sanchez, Hoch, and someone else (maybe Paulino) to step up. I'm not counting on Chen.

Didn't really care for Scottsdale's stadium. Its certainly better than the White Sox's spring home, but Scottsdale is one of those city parks with a touch of the bricked-in feel, and the horrible lack of parking where surrounding businesses happily gouge you to park. I know some people want a downtown stadium, but I always preferred the open-air feel of a ballpark where I can see for miles.

As for the fans, my sample size is only 2, but I've concluded that SF Giants fans are cool.

AndChiefs 03-27-2012 03:53 PM

Nice to see Chen with a good outing.

AndChiefs 03-27-2012 03:59 PM

Also, HR City.

Al Bundy 03-27-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8493873)
<s>@</s>brokenbatsingleHere's the entire list of players with a lower BB% than Yuni with more than 270 PA in 2011: Humberto Quintaro.

UGH.

And we have ****ing both of them.

gblowfish 03-27-2012 04:33 PM

For your dining and dancing pleasure: The 50 ugliest baseball card photos ever! I can remember two really ugly guys when I was a kid: Dan Gladden for Houston, and Dave Ricketts of the Cards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rd-photos-ever

Saul Good 03-27-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8495628)
I was at the game today, very encouraging to see a great outing from Mendoza, we need him, Sanchez, Hoch, and someone else (maybe Paulino) to step up. I'm not counting on Chen.

Didn't really care for Scottsdale's stadium. Its certainly better than the White Sox's spring home, but Scottsdale is one of those city parks with a touch of the bricked-in feel, and the horrible lack of parking where surrounding businesses happily gouge you to park. I know some people want a downtown stadium, but I always preferred the open-air feel of a ballpark where I can see for miles.

As for the fans, my sample size is only 2, but I've concluded that SF Giants fans are cool.

Do yourself a favor and go to a day game in SF before you die.

CaliforniaChief 03-27-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8497375)
For your dining and dancing pleasure: The 50 ugliest baseball card photos ever! I can remember two really ugly guys when I was a kid: Dan Gladden for Houston, and Dave Ricketts of the Cards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rd-photos-ever

LMAO

George Foster's sideburns equipped with bluetooth technology

Watcha got in that glove there, Mikey? Baseball? Tennis Ball? Human fetus?

Two years after this photo was taken, Warren Brusstar ceased to exist and instead became a man-shaped grove of chest hair.

Mario Mendoza's strengths: fielding, glasses-wearing.
Mario Mendoza's weaknesses: hitting, skin pigment.

Zane Smith looks just about how you'd imagine a guy named "Zane" would look. By that I mean he looks like a mutant rodent sent above ground by his sewer brethren to purchase Blue Collar Comedy tour DVDs.

Either Rich Folkers just threw a bad pitch or he soiled himself—maybe both.

And my favorite:
"Ah jeez. Just my luck. Topps sends a camera man the one day I decide to stick my head in a camel's anus." -Steve Trout LMAO

alnorth 03-27-2012 06:38 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Enjoyable game today, and I had some pretty insane front-row seats.

Bad Chen stayed out of the park today, good Chen was rocking around the edge of the strike zone all day long for a solid outing. (vs the outing I saw from him last week where he got bombed for 10 runs)

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-27-2012 06:40 PM

Sweet pics/seats

alnorth 03-27-2012 06:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
couple more

alnorth 03-27-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8497690)
Sweet pics/seats

Seats were almost too good. There were several balls I had trouble tracking off the bat because the Royals on deck hitter was in my way!