ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

BigCatDaddy 03-20-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8475387)
I'd be perfectly OK with using Holland or Crow as closer. I think either guy would be fine.
If this is 2nd Tommy John for Soria, that's probably all she wrote.

I feel more comfortable with Holland on the mound in the 9th. He seems to have the better mental make up for it.

duncan_idaho 03-20-2012 10:40 AM

Working Crow less often will be a key thing this year, I think. He clearly got worn down in the second half, and apparently pitched through an injury.

Holland
Broxton
Herrera
Crow
Coleman
Mijares
Teaford

Still a damn good bullpen.

jbwm89 03-20-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8475440)
Working Crow less often will be a key thing this year, I think. He clearly got worn down in the second half, and apparently pitched through an injury.

Holland
Broxton
Herrera
Crow
Coleman
Mijares
Teaford

Still a damn good bullpen.

Don't forget about Ol' Timmy Collins, even though I would probably rather see Teaford as well.

I hope Herrera makes the club, his stuff is crazy good when he locates well.

Mizzou_8541 03-20-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8475416)
I feel more comfortable with Holland on the mound in the 9th. He seems to have the better mental make up for it.

Agreed. I don't know much about pitching, but that dude seems to just own the mound. It doesn't appear like anything ever rattles him.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2012 02:45 PM

WTF?

So the Royals traded for Quintero and Bourgeois today.

Quintero I get and don't care about. But as a baseball fan and a fantasy baseball player, WTF use do you guys have for Jason Bourgeois? All you've done is taken a guy that was a legitimate threat to steal 90 bases and make him a bench player. That guy was badass to watch.

If he got on 1st, and for the most part he did a nice job of that - BOOM - stolen base attempt.

Now he's just going to be a bench player, unless the Royals are going to consider trying him at 2b, where he played a few games last year (in which case, that would be super badass).

SnakeXJones 03-20-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8476332)
WTF?

Quintero I get and don't care about. But as a baseball fan and a fantasy baseball player, WTF use do you guys have for Jason Bourgeois? All you've done is taken a guy that was a legitimate threat to steal 90 bases and make him a bench player. That guy was badass to watch.

If he got on 1st, and for the most part he did a nice job of that - BOOM - stolen base attempt.

Now he's just going to be a bench player, unless the Royals are going to consider trying him at 2b, where he played a few games last year (in which case, that would be super badass).

I would be all in for that experiment

duncan_idaho 03-20-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

WTF?

From MLB trade rumors:

"Bourgeois posted a .294/.323/.357 line with 31 stolen bases last year, while playing all three outfield positions and appearing at second base. The 30-year-old will be arbitration eligible for the first time after the 2012 season."

Agree it would be pretty badass if they're planning to give him a shot at 2B. I guess that's where he came up/has the most experience. This also gives them some insurance if Cain doesn't hit once the season starts (all indications are that he will).

DJ's left nut 03-20-2012 03:10 PM

Starting in 2007, he appears to have made the shift to a full-time OFer. He hasn't played 2b with any regularity at all since 2008. Putting him back at 2b would likely yield some very nasty results on defense.

But man, if you could get him to where he was just a slightly below average 2b, the damage he could do on the basepaths would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

chiefqueen 03-20-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

WTF?

Does he have more "pop" in his bat than Dyson (who is out of options BTW)?

stonedstooge 03-20-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen (Post 8476908)
Does he have more "pop" in his bat than Dyson (who is out of options BTW)?

Outfielders move in about 30' when Dyson bats

Kyle DeLexus 03-20-2012 05:26 PM

I don't know anything at all about that catcher, will be be acceptable until Sal is back?

Demonpenz 03-20-2012 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Vernan Wells parked one today. Butler and Hosmer impressed. Nothing really other than that crazy went down

Shogun 03-20-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8478169)
Vernan Wells parked one today. Butler and Hosmer impressed. Nothing really other than that crazy went down

I heard Wells was throwing Pujols foul balls to the crowd while he was on deck and got a huge ovation from both teams fans after he hit the HR, lol

alnorth 03-20-2012 11:35 PM

Aaron Crow is out of the running for the rotation. With Soria out, Yost has announced that Crow will be in the bullpen when the season opens.

Rasputin 03-21-2012 01:33 AM

If I'm lucky enough to go on vacation I'd like to go to Chiefs TC and also get to go to a couple Royals games. That would be cool as cool, and go to Schlitterbahn while we are at it.

I think the Royals are going do good this year. I hate the white sox.