ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff Chiefs Screw Up Bigtime (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272507)

gblowfish 04-26-2013 09:03 AM

Chiefs Screw Up Bigtime

Accidentally draft Grandmother of Five....whoops!
http://profootballmock.com/chiefs-ac...-of-nfl-draft/

NEW YORK – In what the team is describing as an “unfortunate typographical error,” The Kansas City Chiefs made 73-year-old Erica Fischer of West Palm Beach, FL The first overall pick of the 2013 NFL Draft Thursday evening.

The Oakland Raiders have already offered the Chiefs their next two first-round picks for Fischer.

“I was just sitting down to supper with my husband Irving when the telephone rang,” said the septuagenarian. “A nice young man named Andy Reid told me that he had just ‘selected’ me in some new fangled NFL thingamabob, and that he was looking forward to seeing what I could do on Sundays this fall. He seemed awfully put out when I explained that I didn’t know a thing about foot-ball. But my gracious, they certainly were offering a lot of money, so I said I’d give it a whirl.”

“Yes, there was a mix-up on our part,” explained a visibly shaken Chiefs general manager John Dorsey. “We of course intended to draft Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher with our first pick, but it seems that Randy, our spring intern, wrote the wrong name on the card. Once the selection was delivered and registered by the commissioner at the podium, the pick became officially binding, and I’ve discovered that no amount of explaining, begging, or weeping can get the league office to change their policy. I suppose the lesson here is to never hire your brother-in-law’s slow-witted kid as an intern, no matter how much your wife insists the responsibility will do him good.”

Fischer has requested that her signing bonus be paid entirely in Werther’s Original Candies

Early reports indicate that signing the grandmother of five will not come cheaply for the Chiefs.

“Erica’s lifetime interception rate is significantly lower than that of Joe Flacco, Tony Romo, and Tom Brady,” said Fischer’s newly signed agent Drew Rosenhaus. “So we’re using those contracts as starting points for our negotiations. We’re asking Kansas City to agree to a six year contract that will include both guaranteed money and automatic salary increases, though we are willing to provide the team with escape clauses that can be triggered in the case of, you know, death.”

Lzen 04-26-2013 09:07 AM

Not

Funny.

Rasputin 04-26-2013 09:23 AM

At least it wasn't Grandma Luka Joeckel.

ChiefaRoo 04-26-2013 09:24 AM

It's a little bit funny. Little bit.

In58men 04-26-2013 09:27 AM

Not even a chuckle

Fire Me Boy! 04-26-2013 09:31 AM

Not even a smirk. I thought this was a Demonpenz post, at first.

gblowfish 04-26-2013 09:36 AM

Boy, you guys all have your panties up in a wad this morning. Loosen up, Sandy Baby!

Lzen 04-26-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9630838)
Boy, you guys all have your panties up in a wad this morning. Loosen up, Sandy Baby!

I'll give you an A for effort. :thumb:

InChiefsHeaven 04-26-2013 09:40 AM

I laughed at the bit about the Raiders...

AdumbGuy 04-26-2013 10:04 AM

Great, first the draft sucks, now even gblowfish has started posting stuff that make leon sandcastle jokes seem the height of hilarity.

All the awful things I've done in life, I guess we deserve this?

gblowfish 04-26-2013 10:09 AM

Man, some of you guys are borderline suicidal this morning. We've got two more days of draftin' to do. Let's see what happens. This might turn out OK.

HemiEd 04-26-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9630991)
Man, some of you guys are borderline suicidal this morning. We've got two more days of draftin' to do. Let's see what happens. This might turn out OK.

I thought it was a nice effort George. :)

threebag 04-26-2013 11:07 AM

Pete quit logging into George's account

Dayze 04-26-2013 11:22 AM

that makes my asshole hurt.

cabletech94 04-26-2013 11:22 AM

son, i am disappoint.

bant!!!! ;)