ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

jspchief 10-01-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8968119)
Do they allow banners to be strung up inside the stadium?

No.

And they will take away signs they don't like.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8968123)
No.

And they will take away signs they don't like.

Yeah, they definitely will take away signs they dislike. We had our fire Herm and Carl signs taken away and were threatened to be removed from Arrowhead 4 years ago.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8968093)
Too late this thread is all over Twitter already.

and facebook

Old Dog 10-01-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8968043)
Isnt pr in Wichita? No offense to Pr but shoudnt we have someone local? If PR is local, then done deal.

As long as he can represent us, why would it matter? The Chiefs have always been a "regional" team.

BossChief 10-01-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8968119)
Do they allow banners to be strung up inside the stadium?

They used to allow them as long as they didn't cover any of the ring of honor names or other pertinent info.

Not sure about nowadays.

Chief_For_Life58 10-01-2012 06:14 PM

just got home from work. where we at with this? we should vote on the banner shouldnt we? or are we set on "we deserve better. fire pioli. Cut cassel" ??? I think it def needs to be cut cassel not bench...I dont want that cancer on this team anymore

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8968115)
**** that. This place is what it is. I also think we need to maintain the original message.

BENCH CASSEL/FIRE PIOLI

I like it too. Just trying to be all adult like and post what may be best in the long run.

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8968130)
They used to allow them as long as they didn't cover any of the ring of honor names or other pertinent info.

Not sure about nowadays.

Id chip in for one of those if they're allowed.

AustinChief 10-01-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 8968116)
I have to disagree. Get the Chief fans message out there: get rid of Cassel and Pioli......NOW!

I liked the "bench Cassel today, fire Pioli tomorrow" message. Either way, it's PR's baby... we should just be happy he had the balls to get this done!

Bewbies 10-01-2012 06:15 PM

Name change to Bench Cassel/Fire Pioli Lounge?

BigMeatballDave 10-01-2012 06:15 PM

LMAO

THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!

Swanman 10-01-2012 06:16 PM

I am a bit late to the party, but put me down for 50. Very great job to all involved.

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8968126)
Yeah, they definitely will take away signs they dislike. We had our fire Herm and Carl signs taken away and were threatened to be removed from Arrowhead 4 years ago.

Well that sucks..... How about a run of T Shirts for CP members going to the games.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8968133)
just got home from work. where we at with this? we should vote on the banner shouldnt we? or are we set on "we deserve better. fire pioli. Cut cassel" ??? I think it def needs to be cut cassel not bench...I dont want that cancer on this team anymore

PR has already reached his fundraising goal.

610 sports mentioned this thread/idea during the rush hour drive show.

Fox 4 is going to interview PR & the guy flying the banner.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 06:18 PM

The best way to make a point in the game is to get a chant going.

Pioli's badly dressed henchmen can't get after 50k+ fans at once for chanting Fire Pioli.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8968128)
As long as he can represent us, why would it matter? The Chiefs have always been a "regional" team.

It's about making it easy on the media. They wont drive to wichita. But if a station is owned by a another station in the same company in pr's city, he could do the taping there and they would broadcast it on KC as if they were doing the interview.

They did that with m group of Chief fans in Tampa. If you didnt know better you thought I was live on channel 4 but in reality I read answers into a camera and they sent the video to KC.

BossChief 10-01-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8968136)
I liked the "bench Cassel today, fire Pioli tomorrow" message. Either way, it's PR's baby... we should just be happy he had the balls to get this done!

Yeah, baby.

SAUTO 10-01-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8968115)
**** that. This place is what it is. I also think we need to maintain the original message.

BENCH CASSEL/FIRE PIOLI

This. And I feel you on the "saving now for winter"...
Posted via Mobile Device

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 06:20 PM

Where is the Piloi Sorry gif? THAT needs to be printed on a T

teedubya 10-01-2012 06:21 PM

OK, I talked with Fox 4 and told them "Chiefsplanet is a 12 year forum for Chiefs fans from all over the world... and the banner idea got funded and organized here. Other groups of chiefs fans are voicing their displeasure with sites popping up like http://SaveOurChiefs.com and many other facebook groups. People are becoming very, very vocal in this social age, and expressing their choice to be a fan or not. LOL."

They said they are doing a video news story on it, probably the 10pm tonight or tomorrow night... and most likely an accompanying story on their website, that will have the video on it.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8968136)
I liked the "bench Cassel today, fire Pioli tomorrow" message. Either way, it's PR's baby... we should just be happy he had the balls to get this done!

Agreed :thumb:

Chief_For_Life58 10-01-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968156)
OK, I talked with Fox 4 and told them "Chiefsplanet is a 12 year forum for Chiefs fans from all over the world... and the banner idea got funded and organized here. Other groups of chiefs fans are voicing their displeasure with sites popping up like http://SaveOurChiefs.com and many other facebook groups. People are becoming very, very vocal in this social age, and expressing their choice to be a fan or not. LOL."

They said they are doing a video news story on it, probably the 10pm tonight or tomorrow night... and most likely an accompanying story on their website, that will have the video on it.

this is awesome.

Hammock Parties 10-01-2012 06:24 PM

Maybe we could pay someone to release a hot air balloon and hope the air currents carry it over Arrowhead. THERE MUST BE A WAY.

Chief_For_Life58 10-01-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8968144)
PR has already reached his fundraising goal.

610 sports mentioned this thread/idea during the rush hour drive show.

Fox 4 is going to interview PR & the guy flying the banner.

YES YES AND MORE YESSSS!!

BossChief 10-01-2012 06:25 PM

Teedubya...give them the facebook message that's in MIAdragons sig as part of the driving force for the revolt.

Also the lies about the qb competition that was supposed to happen

Letting Orton walk...not persuing Jason Campbell, David Gerrard, or anybody but a guy (Quinn) that is knowingly worse than Cassel.

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968156)
OK, I talked with Fox 4 and told them "Chiefsplanet is a 12 year forum for Chiefs fans from all over the world... and the banner idea got funded and organized here. Other groups of chiefs fans are voicing their displeasure with sites popping up like http://SaveOurChiefs.com and many other facebook groups. People are becoming very, very vocal in this social age, and expressing their choice to be a fan or not. LOL."

They said they are doing a video news story on it, probably the 10pm tonight or tomorrow night... and most likely an accompanying story on their website, that will have the video on it.

Someone PLEASE record this for those of us not privileged enough to watch it.

AustinChief 10-01-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968156)
OK, I talked with Fox 4 and told them "Chiefsplanet is a 12 year forum for Chiefs fans from all over the world... and the banner idea got funded and organized here. Other groups of chiefs fans are voicing their displeasure with sites popping up like http://SaveOurChiefs.com and many other facebook groups. People are becoming very, very vocal in this social age, and expressing their choice to be a fan or not. LOL."

They said they are doing a video news story on it, probably the 10pm tonight or tomorrow night... and most likely an accompanying story on their website, that will have the video on it.

Well done man! Actually, better than well done... just freakin PERFECT!

Molitoth 10-01-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8968160)
Maybe we could pay someone to release a hot air balloon and hope the air currents carry it over Arrowhead. THERE MUST BE A WAY.

Maybe we can pay some thug to go graffiti the Metlife blimp with "Cassel is shit".

A Salt Weapon 10-01-2012 06:26 PM

Awesome, way to go PR.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bearcat 10-01-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 8968084)
This is a nice idea, but something needs to happen within the stadium to send a message.

I would suggest a concessions boycott. I realize adult beverages are a huge comfort in getting through a game at Arrowhead these days, but sacrifices are needed.

I agree for future games, but this is a great way to grab the media's attention and raise general awareness of the movement... then once they have the fans' attention, it would be cool to organize events like a concession boycott, walkout, etc.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8968160)
Maybe we could pay someone to release a hot air balloon and hope the air currents carry it over Arrowhead. THERE MUST BE A WAY.

Pigeon carriers to drop leaflets that contain the message of Fire Pioli

BossChief 10-01-2012 06:29 PM

We need to also make sure that this makes it's way to Dallas news ouets so it will be in the paper Clark Hunt reads.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968156)
OK, I talked with Fox 4 and told them "Chiefsplanet is a 12 year forum for Chiefs fans from all over the world... and the banner idea got funded and organized here. Other groups of chiefs fans are voicing their displeasure with sites popping up like http://SaveOurChiefs.com and many other facebook groups. People are becoming very, very vocal in this social age, and expressing their choice to be a fan or not. LOL."

They said they are doing a video news story on it, probably the 10pm tonight or tomorrow night... and most likely an accompanying story on their website, that will have the video on it.

and the master begins his work.:thumb:

BossChief 10-01-2012 06:31 PM

Together is Powerful

Indeed

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8968182)
We need to also make sure that this makes it's way to Dallas news ouets so it will be in the paper Clark Hunt reads.

Show this to the Chiefs ambassadors and friends of the Hunts.

MMXcalibur 10-01-2012 06:31 PM

Skywriting!!! Let this message hover over the stadium all afternoon!

mikeyis4dcats. 10-01-2012 06:32 PM

better than walkouts, etc would be a brown bag deal like Cleveland fans used to do. Something that is visible and gets on tv (hopefully). So what, people walk out all the time - not enough visibility. And no one will ever know concession sales are down.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8968187)
Together is Powerful

Indeed

Social media can be powerful stuff.

BossChief 10-01-2012 06:37 PM

HEY PIOLI, ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS YOUR ****ING JOB.

PUSSY

jspchief 10-01-2012 06:39 PM

Hopefully the various "fan displeasure outlets" can coordinate a little so a singular message can have the largest impact.

If this continues to build, a coordinated effort with each successive game.

Keep the message clean enough to appeal to the masses. For example a "blackout" where fans attending the game all wear black as a reminder to Clark of what will happen to attendance if this team continues its course.

I also think its important to keep a message of general player support. We still (mostly) love the guys out there playing their hearts out. I get the need to single Cassel out, but ultimately I want the players to realize we support them and this is directed at the FO. I think that will be more likely to appeal to the masses.

KCUnited 10-01-2012 06:41 PM

A blackout for the funeral of Arrowhead.

Chief_For_Life58 10-01-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8968224)
Hopefully the various "fan displeasure outlets" can coordinate a little so a singular message can have the largest impact.

If this continues to build, a coordinated effort with each successive game.

Keep the message clean enough to appeal to the masses. For example a "blackout" where fans attending the game all wear black as a reminder to Clark of what will happen to attendance if this team continues its course.

I also think its important to keep a message of general player support. We still (mostly) love the guys out there playing their hearts out. I get the need to single Cassel out, but ultimately I want the players to realize we support them and this is directed at the FO. I think that will be more likely to appeal to the masses.

I definitely agree but it really seems like our players dont even care anymore...they know. theyre not ****ing stupid. theyre not gonna give it 110% for a shit qb like cassel. this season is over for us already

A Salt Weapon 10-01-2012 06:47 PM

How about next we get a crop duster to fly over Arrowhead and drop 60,000 candy wrappers on the field.
Posted via Mobile Device

DTLB58 10-01-2012 06:48 PM

For both home games so far this season fans have tweeted pics of Clark in the Parking lot at their tailgate.

Anyone at the game keep an eye out for him to show him the banner. :LOL:

CoMoChief 10-01-2012 06:48 PM

This is just ****ing awesome.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 06:48 PM

Hey PR people on twitter are asking if they can donate cash. Suggestions on what to tell them?

jspchief 10-01-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8968244)
I definitely agree but it really seems like our players dont even care anymore...they know. theyre not ****ing stupid. theyre not gonna give it 110% for a shit qb like cassel. this season is over for us already

Oh I know. The entire team is a mess. But its not like the fanbase wants another roster flush like the Herm era.

But I think a secondary message that we still support the players (Cassel excluded) has the best chance of garnering the most fan support. Even the most diehard fans might find it easier to rail against Crennel, Pioli, and Hunt if they feel like they aren't turning their back on guys like Charles, Hali, and Berry.

If the goal is for this movement to have the loudest voice, you have to have a message that the majority of fans are willing to speak.

wazu 10-01-2012 06:51 PM

I'm so proud to be a member of this awesome site.

Bewbies 10-01-2012 06:54 PM

Maybe we will get an avalanche of n00bs... Hopefully truefans and we can educate on the value of the QB position in the modern NFL. :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v3rhQc666Sg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SomeRandomGirl 10-01-2012 06:56 PM

We'd be in for $10. I know it's not a lot, but husband is furloughed again, so it's all we can budget in at the moment and we both love the idea.

jspchief 10-01-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8968287)
Maybe we will get an avalanche of n00bs... Hopefully truefans and we can educate on the value of the QB position in the modern NFL. :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v3rhQc666Sg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This why CP shouldn't be the rallying point. This place is not suited for mass consumption.

alnorth 10-01-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8968192)
better than walkouts, etc would be a brown bag deal like Cleveland fans used to do. Something that is visible and gets on tv (hopefully). So what, people walk out all the time - not enough visibility. And no one will ever know concession sales are down.

yep, walkouts and boycotts don't work. (at least for getting attention, obviously businesses might respond to boycotts) You need something visible, that doesn't require sound (since a reporter will be talking over you anyway, and writers will want to paint a picture). So, flying banners work as would similar, visual, ideas.

Priest31kc 10-01-2012 07:03 PM

Broke as hell right now, but will hopefully be able to donate some if we do it again for the Raiders game.

I like BENCH CASSEL/FIRE PIOLI...simple & to the point.

Oh and I just want to say, this site is freakin awesome! Proud to be a member here too for 4 years, wish I joined sooner. By far the best forum on the interwebz.

Buck 10-01-2012 07:04 PM

Holy shit....

Mad Props, Chiefs fans. Especially you pr_capone.

Straight, No Chaser 10-01-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8968224)
...

Keep the message clean enough to appeal to the masses. For example a "blackout" where fans attending the game all wear black as a reminder to Clark of what will happen to attendance if this team continues its course.

I also think its important to keep a message of general player support. We still (mostly) love the guys out there playing their hearts out. I get the need to single Cassel out, but ultimately I want the players to realize we support them and this is directed at the FO. I think that will be more likely to appeal to the masses.

This is perfect idea to get things started. I don't think this team has hit bottom yet, so there's still time left to go dirty.
I would not post chiefsplanet.com on the banner/billboard. Might only be me but, many who support the team may not understand "Go fist your Grandma" and "Die in a AIDS fire" in the threads linked from the first page of the Lounge.

Bewbies 10-01-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8968296)
This why CP shouldn't be the rallying point. This place is not suited for mass consumption.

Totally agree.

Bewbies 10-01-2012 07:05 PM

If this runs again for the next game I'm down.

Chiefspants 10-01-2012 07:11 PM

This is amazing, I don't have any cash at the present time (I just got a new job), but I will definitely chip in if you do this at future home games. Apparently our voices of discontent has not yet been appreciated, and until Cassel and Pioli both have arrowhead in the rearview mirrors, I would love to help out with this effort as many times as possible.

BossChief 10-01-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser (Post 8968313)
This is perfect idea to get things started. I don't think this team has hit bottom yet, so there's still time left to go dirty.
I would not post chiefsplanet.com on the banner/billboard. Might only be me but, many who support the team may not understand "Go fist your Grandma" and "Die in a AIDS fire" in the threads linked from the first page of the Lounge.

I feel the same way. The message itself can be ignored/dismissed easier if something that isn't understood is one of the first things seen on the site.

teedubya 10-01-2012 07:22 PM

OK, I run a Facebook group of KC Comedians... uh, on Facebook. :-) And a couple of them have asked if we should have a Chiefs/Roast. There are about 200 comedians in the group... and they asked this:

Quote:

What if we get some comics together and do a roast of the Chiefs/Pioli/Hunt/etc. Spread it amongst the Chiefs boards/communities and charge cover at the door and donate it for breast cancer or something like that... We get a cardboard cutout of Cassel or Pioli or whatever and put it in the chair. Then comics come up with original takes to blast the team and roast them.
LMAO. If some of you guys want to get up and rail on them, as well. Let me know. I think I'm going to explore this. It could be epic.

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968357)
OK, I run a Facebook group of KC Comedians... uh, on Facebook. :-) And a couple of them have asked if we should have a Chiefs/Roast. There are about 200 comedians in the group... and they asked this:



LMAO. If some of you guys want to get up and rail on them, as well. Let me know. I think I'm going to explore this. It could be epic.


YES pls!!

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-01-2012 07:26 PM

This thing is becoming a monster LMAO

Buck 10-01-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968357)
OK, I run a Facebook group of KC Comedians... uh, on Facebook. :-) And a couple of them have asked if we should have a Chiefs/Roast. There are about 200 comedians in the group... and they asked this:

LMAO. If some of you guys want to get up and rail on them, as well. Let me know. I think I'm going to explore this. It could be epic.

If this shit keeps rolling you guys could get your own 30 for 30 someday!

BossChief 10-01-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968357)
OK, I run a Facebook group of KC Comedians... uh, on Facebook. :-) And a couple of them have asked if we should have a Chiefs/Roast. There are about 200 comedians in the group... and they asked this:



LMAO. If some of you guys want to get up and rail on them, as well. Let me know. I think I'm going to explore this. It could be epic.

Anybody know how to get ahold of Hamas?

siberian khatru 10-01-2012 07:30 PM

If you come up a little short in the end, pr, PM me and I'll chip in what I can on this round.

teedubya 10-01-2012 07:30 PM

It would be hard to gauge how many people might show up to the "Roast of the Chiefs"... almost need to know who's coming to see how big of a venue we'd need.

There are some funny, funny mofos in the KC comedy scene.... and this thing could be awesome.

I wonder where we could get a full size cardboard, Pioli, Hunt or Cassel? LMAO

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-01-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968383)
It would be hard to gauge how many people might show up to the "Roast of the Chiefs"... almost need to know who's coming to see how big of a venue we'd need.

There are some funny, funny mofos in the KC comedy scene.... and this thing could be awesome.

I wonder where we could get a full size cardboard, Pioli, Hunt or Cassel? LMAO

Most print shops can do that.

Bugeater 10-01-2012 07:41 PM

Well done pr. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

In58men 10-01-2012 07:45 PM

I'm going to the Thursday night KC @ SD game. I was thinking about making a sign.


Any suggestions?

SAUTO 10-01-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8968430)
I'm going to the Thursday night KC @ SD game. I was thinking about making a sign.


Any suggestions?

CAN IT BE A BILLBOARD?
Posted via Mobile Device

In58men 10-01-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8968434)
CAN IT BE A BILLBOARD?
Posted via Mobile Device

I would love to take a billboard into the stadium

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 07:50 PM

Josh Looney is the man! "lopsided home losses have to stop."

Bugeater 10-01-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8968430)
I'm going to the Thursday night KC @ SD game. I was thinking about making a sign.


Any suggestions?

http://oi50.tinypic.com/15f0fue.jpg

Jiu Jitsu Jon 10-01-2012 07:52 PM

How much to add "P.S. - Reggie, bench Rolondo McClain"?

Wouldn't make much sense during the Ravens games but could be flown during the two Raiders vs. Chiefs games.

Pasta Giant Meatball 10-01-2012 07:52 PM

So long PeeWee!!

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8968430)
I'm going to the Thursday night KC @ SD game. I was thinking about making a sign.


Any suggestions?

MATT CASSEL MAKES MY NOSE BLEED AT RANDOM

threebag02 10-01-2012 07:57 PM

**** benching Cassel cut the mother****er

pr_capone 10-01-2012 08:04 PM

Holy ****.... we broke $1k.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8968503)
Holy ****.... we broke $1k.

Hey dude I have people asking on Twitter how they can donate

Planetman 10-01-2012 08:06 PM

I'm curious as to what the reaction would be if Cassel and company played out of their minds and everything that could go wrong for the Ravens DID go wrong and we win in a 49-0 blowout?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.