ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Flanagan:McCluster could be Andy Reid’s secret weapon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271813)

duncan_idaho 04-07-2013 05:16 PM

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/atta...hit_again2.jpg

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9565821)
Yes, he will. He is going to be playing the same role as you saw in Weis' offense. I can guarantee he'll get looks at RB, as a motion option in the backfield, or as a slot receiver. He has not been bad, by the way, as a running back other than fumble issues. He has been terrible as a receiver and returner (and as I've said... if he doesn't develop as a receiver, I don't think there's any use for him).

As a RB he was useless, too. A RB who can't forced missed tackles is useless.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9565802)
Poorly executed defense in those videos.

McCluster did absolutely jack to support your stupid ****ing arguments.

There is no way you can watch the HB screen and make the phooey argument people are making in this thread that he is not fast and that he doesn't have any kind of cut moves. It was a nice run, regardless of the defense, and most importantly it's a move where he ran at full speed with defenders spaced out.

It supports my argument because I'm talking about flashes, I'm not talking about this being some proof that he's good.

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 05:19 PM

McCluster would have scored on that play if he was fast.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9565824)
As a RB he was useless, too. A RB who can't forced missed tackles is useless.

JFC. When he was primarily a RB in 2011, he had a 4.5 per carry average on 114 rushes. Which is not bad given that he's a small guy going against defenses that had no respect for the passing game.

It isn't great. Claiming he was useless as a RB is just typical baseless hate.

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9565831)
JFC. When he was primarily a RB in 2011, he had a 4.5 per carry average on 114 rushes. Which is not bad given that he's a small guy going against defenses that had no respect for the passing game.

It isn't great. Claiming he was useless as a RB is just typical baseless hate.

No, 4.5 YPC is not remarkable at all when you're running that infrequently.

He is useless as a RB other than a warm body to take handoffs. He takes what the blocking gives him and nothing more 90 percent of the time. He can't create.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9565830)
McCluster would have scored on that play if he was fast.

:shake:
Unbelievable

milkman 04-07-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9565826)
There is no way you can watch the HB screen and make the phooey argument people are making in this thread that he is not fast and that he doesn't have any kind of cut moves. It was a nice run, regardless of the defense, and most importantly it's a move where he ran at full speed with defenders spaced out.

It supports my argument because I'm talking about flashes, I'm not talking about this being some proof that he's good.

Casey Weigman took out the only defender that had any chance at making a tackle early in that play.

The rest of the run was in open space with no defender in position to make a tackle until he reached the 3 yard line.

It was pure shitty defense.

McCluster did absolutely nothing to support your ****ing stupidity.

You're a dumb shit without a ****ing clue.

And he didn't make any special ****ing cut that any slapdick couldn't make, you dipshit.

duncan_idaho 04-07-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9565779)
Dexter McCluster's upside is operating in space. He is too small to play in traffic. I was most intrigued with how he played with Orton. Orton, unlike Cassel, spread the field out and knew how to find secondary options and hit them in stride. Cassel didn't do those things.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...ter-49-yd-pass
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-the-end-zone
The biggest thing to note in those videos is how much more spread out the field looks because Orton actually forced defenses to honor the pass.

He actually hasn't been bad at RB, other than not holding on to the ball. He's been a disaster as a receiver and returner, and some of that could be because of comfort level. I want to see him coached as a receiver (not a RB, like Haley did in 2011), I want an offense that spreads the defense out, and I want a QB who can at least find the second option and hit him in stride. So no, I don't agree that we've necessarily seen exactly who he is. But yeah, this is his absolute last chance to prove it.

Any running back on an NFL roster should have been able to do what McCluster did on the TD run there. That was a simple one-cut run in which the defense did a TERRIBLE job of contain on the outside (at all levels).

Screen pass is a decent play.

Those flashes don't do anything to dispel the facts:

McCluster is too short and not fast enough to be a consistent threat out of the backfield or (Especially) as a WR.

mlyonsd 04-07-2013 05:26 PM

McCluster definitely could benefit from a new offensive scheme. Well, any other scheme than what we've run the past four years since 'offensive' is maybe the best way to describe what they were.

My disappointment with him though is his inability to make people miss. Not sure a new offense or coaching can fix that.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9565842)
Any running back on an NFL roster should have been able to do what McCluster did on the TD run there. That was a simple one-cut run in which the defense did a TERRIBLE job of contain on the outside (at all levels).

Screen pass is a decent play.

Those flashes don't do anything to dispel the facts:

McCluster is too short and not fast enough to be a consistent threat out of the backfield or (Especially) as a WR.

In mid-run, he splits the defenders which doesn't happen if he's not moving really fast. He is trailed by Tyvon Branch (he runs a 4.26 40) and completely outruns him. He is finally tracked down by Matt Giordano who had a good angle on McCluster.

This was a very fast run, even if it was a nice blocking play and a pure defensive play. He flat-out outruns several very fast Oakland secondary defenders. That's what I'm talking about with flashing. And I seriously can't believe people would use this clip to suggest it was not a fast run.

So the idea that he's not fast enough is total bullshit. I agree that him being short limits him, and that he hasn't been nearly consistent enough (flashes aren't good enough).

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 05:38 PM

It's a screen pass.

McCluster is a WR.

He's not going to be running screen passes.

That play goes to Charles next season.

NOW SHUT THE **** UP

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9565884)
It's a screen pass.

McCluster is a WR.

He's not going to be running screen passes.

That play goes to Charles next season.

NOW SHUT THE **** UP

And I have pointed it out as a flash of what kind of speed and agility he can have in the open field.

I have also repeatedly said his value is nothing if he doesn't develop a lot as a receiver.

milkman 04-07-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9565875)
In mid-run, he splits the defenders which doesn't happen if he's not moving really fast. He is trailed by Tyvon Branch (he runs a 4.26 40) and completely outruns him. He is finally tracked down by Matt Giordano who had a good angle on McCluster.

This was a very fast run, even if it was a nice blocking play and a pure defensive play. He flat-out outruns several very fast Oakland secondary defenders. That's what I'm talking about with flashing. And I seriously can't believe people would use this clip to suggest it was not a fast run.

So the idea that he's not fast enough is total bullshit. I agree that him being short limits him, and that he hasn't been nearly consistent enough (flashes aren't good enough).

He isn't trailed by Branch.

Branch has has no angle and gets chipped, taking away any chance he might have had.

Mother****erJones 04-07-2013 08:44 PM

Ya McCluster's his secret weapon alright...Food Runner