ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Flanagan:McCluster could be Andy Reid’s secret weapon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271813)

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9564833)
You're making this too complicated.

It doesn't matter if you think he's fast or quick or good at handjobs or flipping burgers or whatever.

The simple fact: he doesn't make plays. He doesn't contribute to winning football.

When he gets the ball, 9 times outta 10...no one gives a shit.

I don't play this card often...
But Andy Reid is an offensive guru. He scouted McCluster and has watched film on him. He does not agree with you. I am not overcomplicating it because you're the one trying to claim Reid doesn't know what he's doing.

Ming the Merciless 04-07-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9564823)
Where is this supposed long line of evidence that McCluster when running at full speed trailed by a defender (that doesn't have a good angle from the beginning) consistently gets caught?

Well i'm not sure where you got 'long line of evidence' from or if you are just trying to put words in my mouth but I have seen him get caught from behind with my own eyes...which is something the quick/agile guys shouldn't do...

there isn't really a long line of evidence though, because more often he hesitates or gets jammed up in traffic and doesn't break into open space to begin with...which is also something the quick/agile guys should not do...

I don't remember the exact times where he was caught from behind well enough to be able to go get you tube or nfl.com video....and i really dont feel like researching it...are you saying you dont remember him getting caught from behind?

I dont really want to bash on the kid....I just hated the pick at 2A , I mean i guess there is a chance that if he stops hesitating and just goes for it he might make more plays...but he also might get broken in half....which is why he is probably hesitating

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9564894)
I don't play this card often...
But Andy Reid is an offensive guru. He scouted McCluster and has watched film on him. He does not agree with you. I am not overcomplicating it because you're the one trying to claim Reid doesn't know what he's doing.

We don't know what Andy Reid really thinks.

We'll know in training camp and preseason.

All this mutual masturbation over bullshit April talkin' points is resulting in premature ejaculation.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9564905)
Well i'm not sure where you got 'long line of evidence' from or if you are just trying to put words in my mouth but I have seen him get caught from behind with my own eyes...which is something the quick/agile guys shouldn't do...

there isn't really a long line of evidence though, because more often he hesitates or gets jammed up in traffic and doesn't break into open space to begin with...which is also something the quick/agile guys should not do...

I don't remember the exact times where he was caught from behind well enough to be able to go get you tube or nfl.com video....and i really dont feel like researching it...are you saying you dont remember him getting caught from behind?

I dont really want to bash on the kid....I just hated the pick at 2A , I mean i guess there is a chance that if he stops hesitating and just goes for it he might make more plays...but he also might get broken in half....which is why he is probably hesitating

I've been arguing all thread long that he's done poorly in terms of figuring out how to run correctly in space. So I agree with you there. I am pushing back against people who are making ridiculous claims that he's not fast or agile. And then claiming that because he got caught in open space, that somehow makes him not fast. Nevermind that a defender may have had a good angle 20 yards downfield or that McCluster may have stuttered, cut, or not run full speed (which to me, is more often the case).

I am not saying he'll figure things out. He has to significantly improve. But a lot of problems I see with him are mental -- even within his physical limitations, if coaching can open up more opportunities for him and if he can become a smarter runner, he could at least play a role. Weapon? No. Good contributor? Absolutely.

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 02:00 PM

Players don't "figure out" how to run correctly in space.

They can either do it or they can't.

We knew instantly Jamaal Charles could do nasty things in space.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9564989)
Players don't "figure out" how to run correctly in space.

They can either do it or they can't.

We knew instantly Jamaal Charles could do nasty things in space.

Confidence can absolutely change the way you attack a lane, especially if your first instinct currently is to dance around too much. For some reason, when he plays RB, he seems a lot more confident in his cuts and in getting the legs to sprint. He hasn't been bad in that role. He's been terrible as a receiver. And some of that could change if he improves his route running/hands, if coaching opens up more space opportunities, and the QB can better lead him vs. throwing the ball 2 yards behind him.

I wouldn't use Charles as a comparison to Charles. The majority of players in the league can't do what Charles does.

Ace Gunner 04-07-2013 02:20 PM

midgets past the

Hammock Parties 04-07-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9565042)
Confidence can absolutely change the way you attack a lane, especially if your first instinct currently is to dance around too much. For some reason, when he plays RB, he seems a lot more confident in his cuts and in getting the legs to sprint. He hasn't been bad in that role. He's been terrible as a receiver. And some of that could change if he improves his route running/hands, if coaching opens up more space opportunities, and the QB can better lead him vs. throwing the ball 2 yards behind him.

HE'S A ****ING FOURTH-YEAR VETERAN.

HE IS NOT MAGICALLY GOING TO IMPROVE.

OnTheWarpath15 04-07-2013 02:44 PM

A guy returns one punt, needing only to juke a 270 pound fullback - and does nothing for the next two years - and he's a weapon around these parts.

Holy shit, I miss the comedy this joint offers.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9565278)
A guy returns one punt, needing only to juke a 270 pound fullback - and does nothing for the next two years - and he's a weapon around these parts.

Holy shit, I miss the comedy this joint offers.

Nobody is calling him a weapon, nor is there anybody saying he's played well.
I think he's played like garbage and has had flashes of intriguing moments, and even more flashes of career-limiting flaws. I think most would agree with that here.

But if overreacting to one big punt is bad, so is overreacting and saying he has absolutely nothing to offer. There are some of us, myself included, who are interested in seeing how Reid plans to use him.

chiefzilla1501 04-07-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9565137)
HE'S A ****ING FOURTH-YEAR VETERAN.

HE IS NOT MAGICALLY GOING TO IMPROVE.

As I've been saying multiple times, if he is going to have any success, he has to become a better pure receiver and the coaching has to open up underneath opportunities. Last year, Daboll was so incompetent that defenses crowded 20 yards in the middle of the field. 2 years ago, Haley made what I thought was a lousy decision to make him primarily a RB. So yes, he can improve, but he has to improve a ton and may never do so.

So again... Reid seems to think there's a role and that McCluster can contribute in that role. And he plainly stated that that role should be going back to doing what he did in 2010, which was as a multi-role player. I just want to see how he does in that role.

OnTheWarpath15 04-07-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9565321)
Nobody is calling him a weapon, nor is there anybody saying he's played well.
I think he's played like garbage and has had flashes of intriguing moments, and even more flashes of career-limiting flaws. I think most would agree with that here.

But if overreacting to one big punt is bad, so is overreacting and saying he has absolutely nothing to offer. There are some of us, myself included, who are interested in seeing how Reid plans to use him.

I'd like to know what you consider flashes of intriguing moments.

He's been used in every damn way imaginable over 3 years, one of which under Weis - so I'm not sure what people expect him to magically turn into under Reid.

SAUTO 04-07-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9565436)
I'd like to know what you consider flashes of intriguing moments.

He's been used in every damn way imaginable over 3 years, one of which under Weis - so I'm not sure what people expect him to magically turn into under Reid.

a not so smelly turd?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 04-07-2013 03:08 PM

Still a turd though
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 04-07-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9565530)
a not so smelly turd?
Posted via Mobile Device

Better than bad does not equal good, perfume on a pig, and so on...