ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV NBCs Hannibal trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270589)

Baby Lee 05-11-2014 04:52 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8y4MS7mSzX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 05-12-2014 04:11 AM

This is just getting a little too bizarre.

The Bad Guy 05-12-2014 10:06 PM

It's an amazing show. Truly captivating each week.

The freak show brother is the guy from the Hannibal movie that wants to enact revenge on Hannibal for what he did to him.

I loved the wheel chair on fire scene last week. Forgot that Philip Seymour Hoffman's character in Red Dragon was Freddy Lounds.

chiefsfan987 05-17-2014 01:31 AM

I'm sorry, but this show is just getting too disgusting. A guy is feeding his face to dogs? This has no business being on network tv.

Tribal Warfare 05-17-2014 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 10634512)
I'm sorry, but this show is just getting too disgusting. A guy is feeding his face to dogs? This has no business being on network tv.

Really? Blood and guts don't bother me, I guess I have a lack of empathy when it comes to that type of stuff.

Deberg_1990 05-17-2014 06:16 AM

Quote:

What's interesting to me is we now have TV shows on network and basic cable more graphic than a lot of R rated movies. Hannibal and Walking Dead.

Rausch 05-17-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10624064)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8y4MS7mSzX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And that's the French.

There is absolutely no aspect of this culture with any redeeming qualities at all...

Deberg_1990 05-17-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

. A guy is feeding his face to dogs?

I think that's actually in one of the books?

Anyong Bluth 05-18-2014 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10635458)
I think that's actually in one of the books?

Yes, Mason Verger is the main villain in the book Hannibal- and is hunting Hannibal once after he escaped with the intention of feeding him to his pigs. He's essentially in competition with the FBI as to who can locate Lector first.
The same events happened in the book , except for knowing that Will walked in on it after the fact. It was presumed that he did this after a therapy session and jumped out a window. Though I didn't remember him being a quadriplegic- I thought he was only wheelchair bound due to loss of use of his legs.

Grissly it may be, but they're doing a masterful job of fleshing out the backstory and incorporating the material from the novels.

bowener 05-18-2014 02:22 AM

This show is amazing. It is better written than the overwhelming majority of tv shows (and films!). It is also quite possibly the most beautifully shot TV show in recent times. If you can't stomach the gore, too bad. The blood and gore is perfectly written to actually have a purpose in the plot. This isn't some shitty horror film.

bowener 05-18-2014 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10634629)
And that's the French.

There is absolutely no aspect of this culture with any redeeming qualities at all...

Are you against eating veal? Where do you draw the line? Do you know how boneless wings come about? Do you eat bacon or pork on any kind? Why is eating a stupid little bird drowned in cognac the point of no return for you, but eating a chicken raised in a shit filled shed, that has its feathers blasted off by boiling water while still alive, the ok choice of meats?

Anyong Bluth 05-18-2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10636084)
This show is amazing. It is better written than the overwhelming majority of tv shows (and films!). It is also quite possibly the most beautifully shot TV show in recent times. If you can't stomach the gore, too bad. The blood and gore is perfectly written to actually have a purpose in the plot. This isn't some shitty horror film.

I'll agree. Set design, wardrobe, lighting, etc- everything is gorgeously shot. Even the cooking scenes are beautifully framed in their prep and presentation.

Anyong Bluth 05-18-2014 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10636085)
Are you against eating veal? Where do you draw the line? Do you know how boneless wings come about? Do you eat bacon or pork on any kind? Why is eating a stupid little bird drowned in cognac the point of no return for you, but eating a chicken raised in a shit filled shed, that has its feathers blasted off by boiling water while still alive, the ok choice of meats?

Not to mention they are hung up by their feet one after another in the production line upside down until they meet a buzzsaw that slices their necks which they don't die from and thrash about hanging upside down until they finally bleed out - and it's not as quickly as you might think.

"Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off."

The Bad Guy 05-18-2014 09:46 AM

Just a brilliant episode. If they moved this to Wednesday or Thursday nights, it would be talked about all week. It's the best show that literally no one is talking about.

The Bad Guy 05-25-2014 09:07 AM

I'm shocked no one is talking about that season finale.