ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

ModSocks 01-06-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10350094)
A couple of helpful tips.

Start watching Game of Thrones. Stop watching Dexter after the 4th season.

Im just starting season 2.

I guess what im looking for is....what kinda show is Game of thrones? What kind of content can i expect?

ModSocks 01-06-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10350108)
3. Stay out of a GOT spoiler thread until you've caught up. GOT may be one of the worst shows ever created in terms of losing its intrigue if you know the end results.

I haven't read a single post in this thread. I've been avoiding it but i'm also looking for a good reason to watch it.

Bowser 01-06-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10350144)
I haven't read a single post in this thread. I've been avoiding it but i'm also looking for a good reason to watch it.

It's a fantasy show with superior writing and actors. The storyline is just masterful writing. Plus you get to see all kinds of top shelf T&A. This is LotR, the adult version.

If you really are a fan of fantasy, you simply must watch this show. This is the equivalent to Battlestar Galactica being a can't miss for the sci-fi crowd. Watch it. You will not be let down.

tomahawk kid 01-06-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10349554)
They recast the Mountain again. This one looks like pretty good casting, the last one was too skinny.

http://www.pajiba.com/image/tumblr_m...s07wo1_500.jpg

Lena Headey.

I would....the whole thing.......

ModSocks 01-06-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10350227)
It's a fantasy show with superior writing and actors. The storyline is just masterful writing. Plus you get to see all kinds of top shelf T&A. This is LotR, the adult version.

If you really are a fan of fantasy, you simply must watch this show. This is the equivalent to Battlestar Galactica being a can't miss for the sci-fi crowd. Watch it. You will not be let down.

I'll watch it tonight.

The Franchise 01-06-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10350139)
Im just starting season 2.

I guess what im looking for is....what kinda show is Game of thrones? What kind of content can i expect?

Season 4 is the pinnacle of Dexter. It only gets worse from there.

NewChief 01-06-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10350399)
I'll watch it tonight.

Just so you know, it's pretty "low fantasy" as far as the fantastical elements. Very gritty and dark with tons of political intrigue and plot twists. There aren't going to be elves and dwarves and wizards tossing around fireballs, though.

duncan_idaho 01-06-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10349554)
They recast the Mountain again. This one looks like pretty good casting, the last one was too skinny.

http://www.pajiba.com/image/tumblr_m...s07wo1_500.jpg

Ser Stone looking very good...

I mean, Clegane. Of course.

Get some, Lena Headey. You know you want to...

Has anyone else seen/heard the interview where she talked about nudity on the show? It was after that flap last year about a "lead" actress quitting due to not wanting to do nudity (Turned out to be Esme Bianco, in all likelihood). Headey talked about how she was open to it and alluded to doing it when it made sense and was appropriate.

Makes me wonder: How far is she willing to go with the scene we all know is lurking in Cersei's future?

BigRedChief 01-06-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10350713)
Ser Stone looking very good...

I mean, Clegane. Of course.

Get some, Lena Headey. You know you want to...

Has anyone else seen/heard the interview where she talked about nudity on the show? It was after that flap last year about a "lead" actress quitting due to not wanting to do nudity (Turned out to be Esme Bianco, in all likelihood). Headey talked about how she was open to it and alluded to doing it when it made sense and was appropriate.

Makes me wonder: How far is she willing to go with the scene we all know is lurking in Cersei's future?

She has to do the nudity to do the scene right. There is no way to do that scene without nudity. It's essential to the punishment and why she was allowed to live according to the book.

BigRedChief 01-06-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10350108)
3. Stay out of a GOT spoiler thread until you've caught up. GOT may be one of the worst shows ever created in terms of losing its intrigue if you know the end results.

THIS! Unless you read the books GTFO

AndChiefs 01-06-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10351248)
THIS! Unless you read the books GTFO

There is a non-spoiler thread somewhere.

Baby Lee 01-06-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10350449)
Season 4 is the pinnacle of Dexter. It only gets worse from there.

Spoiler!

DaFace 01-06-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10351366)
There is a non-spoiler thread somewhere.

Even that has spoilers from the TV show. If you're wanting to get into the series now, you're really limited to just sitting down and watching it. ANYTHING online is going to have major spoilers at this point.

AndChiefs 01-07-2014 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10352514)
Even that has spoilers from the TV show. If you're wanting to get into the series now, you're really limited to just sitting down and watching it. ANYTHING online is going to have major spoilers at this point.

Good point.

duncan_idaho 01-07-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10351241)
She has to do the nudity to do the scene right. There is no way to do that scene without nudity. It's essential to the punishment and why she was allowed to live according to the book.

Yes. But will she go all the way with it? Will they ask her to go all the way with it?

Headey seems to take her craft very seriously, so maybe. But is she Anne-Hathaway-Fantine serious? I think that's what it would take to completely replicate that scene.