ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football LT: Left behind (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271834)

Saccopoo 04-07-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9564274)
How often do players like Jared Allen, Tamba Hali, or Von Miller switch sides. I know Von rushes from the right side, but the QB is almost always looking at that side. That is why the LT is the most important position on the line.

A lot actually. You see Tamba on the right side a lot. Not so much now that Houston is there, but he used to switch up a lot.

Allen, not so much as he's operating out of a 43, but he flips as well.

Miller is all over the field.

It's still an important position, but it's not the absolute cornerstone of a team as it once was. Teams are looking for more balance on the line versus sinking a huge contract into one guy and having run paving road graders at the four other positions.

It's rapidly turning from a run-run-pass league (which mandated a high quality blindside protector) to a do whatever you can to move the ball downfield offensive game plan. Pulling guards and centers and tackles capable of quickly getting to the second level are just as important as that blindside protector.

LoneWolf 04-07-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9564332)
Tell me again why Notre Dame is as good as Alabama...

Do you pay attention to the positions getting big money? Have you not noticed the contracts LT's are getting is going down, while all the other line positions is going up?

In today's NFL the left tackle is no longer a top 3 piece to build your team around.

Keep telling yourself this when three of the top ten picks in the draft are LTs.

Saccopoo 04-07-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9564365)
I'll eat a bug if Stephenson AND Allen are our starting tackles next season.

Reid isn't going to war with those guys based on their rookie tape.

No, he won't. But he'll go to war with those guys after a full training camp in his system.

With both of them getting good reps last season, it only helped their development if Albert gets traded prior to the start of the season.

And there are very few rookies who are forced into playing time that usually come out looking like rock stars. Neither of those guys got first team reps until they were forced onto the field due to injury.

However, both were high level players at the college level with potential for the NFL who now know what it's like to block at that level. That game time that they got was extremely valuable and an off-season/summer camp with a guy that is a pretty decent offensive mind versus a complete buffoon like Daboll is going to be Nirvana-level enlightening for not only the offensive line, but for all the players.

I think that both of those guys are going to be okay when the season rolls around.

DTLB58 04-07-2013 01:29 PM

I saw this great article on Twitter last night. Good stuff. :clap:

DTLB58 04-07-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9563955)
"When coaches talk about position hierarchy, left tackle isn't among the top few anymore," an AFC team exec says. "Now it's QB, pass rusher, cornerback, wide receiver."

the point in this article is that the "trifecta" is void and the LT isn't even part of the equation anymore.

Hence, the signing of Smith, retaining Bowe, signing Smith and Robinson and maybe Geno or a pass rusher in the first round and why Albert hasn't been signed to a long term deal.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-07-2013 02:00 PM

Oh noes! Teh line is losing prominance! Someone get on teh red phone and call True Fan Man! Eyeeeeeee!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bewbies 04-07-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9564377)
Keep telling yourself this when three of the top ten picks in the draft are LTs.

The QB isn't worth a 1st round pick because KC hasn't drafted one in 30 years.

Nobody that agreed with this article is saying LT's are not important anymore, we are saying you don't need your franchise built around one.

LoneWolf 04-07-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9565480)
The QB isn't worth a 1st round pick because KC hasn't drafted one in 30 years.

Nobody that agreed with this article is saying LT's are not important anymore, we are saying you don't need your franchise built around one.

Show me where I said a franchise is built around a LT. I disagree with the tone of the article saying the LT isn't one of the top three positions on any team.

Bewbies 04-07-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9565526)
Show me where I said a franchise is built around a LT. I disagree with the tone of the article saying the LT isn't one of the top three positions on any team.

So you believe the LT is a top 3 position on the team, but you don't think you build around that?

You're ****ing stupid.

LoneWolf 04-07-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9565560)
So you believe the LT is a top 3 position on the team, but you don't think you build around that?

You're ****ing stupid.

The team should be built around the QB. The next two positions are LT and pass rusher. A LT protecting a shitty QB is like putting a car alarm on a Pinto. On the other hand having a franchise QB and not having an elite LT is like living in a mansion without locks on the doors.

Bewbies 04-07-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9565587)
The team should be built around the QB. The next two positions are LT and pass rusher. A LT protecting a shitty QB is like putting a car alarm on a Pinto. On the other hand having a franchise QB and not having an elite LT is like living in a mansion without locks on the doors.

This discussion is lost on you. May the boners you have dreaming of old school football bring great pleasure to your loins.

LoneWolf 04-07-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9565739)
This discussion is lost on you. May the boners you have dreaming of old school football bring great pleasure to your loins.

And I hope you consume a bag of dicks, wash them down with a glass of antifreeze, and then drive your car straight into a flaming AIDS tree. Other than that, have a pleasant evening.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-07-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9565739)

bwa_hahahahahahaharoflz...
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6 04-08-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9563534)
Im just tired of 99% of the people in America mocking us.

FYP