ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop I quit smoking (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267222)

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-30-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9165016)
Any particular brand of patch? I want to quit as soon as the Mayans are proven wrong.

LMAO

The wal mart brand works just as good as nicoderm. You can also order free patches at 1-800-quit now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spokane Chief Fan (Post 9165039)
I quit 3 1/2 years ago after 35 years. Chantix it worked tremendously.

I used Chantix the last time I quit, and had I been quitting for me instead of a woman, I'd be a non-smoker with more clean time. Chantix is expensive as ****, but it does work extrememly well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9165158)
Day 24 for me.

Right on!:thumb:

KurtCobain 11-30-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9164714)
Where?

Kc metro. Carton of decades can be found cheaper than that. But they're awful.

BoneKrusher 11-30-2012 07:37 PM

great for you, still stuck on half pack a day.

Simply Red 11-30-2012 08:01 PM

yeah - just stick to herb.

hometeam 11-30-2012 08:05 PM

I did it about 11 years ago. Got super sick, couldn't actually get them down. Told myself I wouldn't do it anymore, and didn't. Congrats and good luck.

Tombstone RJ 11-30-2012 08:12 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QDnfNzmV0FM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GloryDayz 11-30-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9164456)
10 days now. Feeling great.

Were you on fire?

Anyway, congrats! Your kid's lives will be better for it...

Ace Gunner 11-30-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

hey good for you. where there's smoke, there's fire :D

Priest31kc 11-30-2012 10:30 PM

Congrats man! I'm also quitting after almost 9 years of almost a pack a day.

Same method as you, the patches, 21 mg for the 1st 6 weeks, and some gum.

Im on Day 17 and it does get easier...

TribalElder 11-30-2012 10:51 PM

I'm on day 656 and refuse to go back. The shit smells filthy to me now.

Be careful with chantrix I heard people get hooked on that and they just trade one addiction for another.

My winning formula for quitting smoking after 10 years+ pack a day habit.
I switched to chew for a while. Skoal straight long cut. This is how I fed the physical craving for nicotine. After a while I slowly cut back on the chewing where I got down to 1 dip a day in the evening. Eventually I started going a few days between dips and then quit chewing. I didn't smoke in the house so that was easy enough. There are a few trigger moments such as after a meal, in the car, or after an xxx encounter with the woman. Behavior modification is the name of the game. Recognize the urge and knowingly disregard it. Eventually it becomes second nature.

I made sure to get drunk a few times at home to train for when I hit the smoke filled bar. I always ****ed up before when I was drunk. I graduated when I got totally shitfaced at the bar and didn't bum a smoke from anyone. Now the shit seems so filthy I can't believe I smoked as long as I did.

TL;DR

Congrats, keep going, **** cigs

Simply Red 11-30-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9165856)
I'm on day 656 and refuse to go back. The shit smells filthy to me now.

Be careful with chantrix I heard people get hooked on that and they just trade one addiction for another.

My winning formula for quitting smoking after 10 years+ pack a day habit.
I switched to chew for a while. Skoal straight long cut. This is how I fed the physical craving for nicotine. After a while I slowly cut back on the chewing where I got down to 1 dip a day in the evening. Eventually I started going a few days between dips and then quit chewing. I didn't smoke in the house so that was easy enough. There are a few trigger moments such as after a meal, in the car, or after an xxx encounter with the woman. Behavior modification is the name of the game. Recognize the urge and knowingly disregard it. Eventually it becomes second nature.

I made sure to get drunk a few times at home to train for when I hit the smoke filled bar. I always ****ed up before when I was drunk. I graduated when I got totally shitfaced at the bar and didn't bum a smoke from anyone. Now the shit seems so filthy I can't believe I smoked as long as I did.

TL;DR

Congrats, keep going, **** cigs

Guys It's not too late to start smoking pot! It's a tremendous habit.

Pants 11-30-2012 11:07 PM

Quit cold turkey a year and 7 months ago. No patches or any of that shit. I don't think my pack-a-day habit was about nicotine, to be honest with you. I just really, really enjoyed smoking a cigarette. It always gave me a good way to break from whatever I was doing, collect my thoughts or have an awesome conversation. It also gave me a false sense of stress relief. I still miss it to this day but it's just the weakest echoes of weakness at this point in time.

I still smoke a cigar every last weekend of the warm weather months, though.

Rugby Thompson 12-01-2012 12:35 AM

Skoal is disgusting and honestly, smoking is disgusting in general. If you really need too, get tobacco and roll it yourself in a RAW hemp paper or pre rolled cone, much better. I've quit for years and the smell and sight of one alone makes me feel sick, I only smoke the finest kush now in a hemp paper or glass.

Sorter 12-01-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...intergreen.jpg

This used to be my master.

The best solution I found was reducing the situations I was chewing in, replaced them with gum, and honsetly eating healthier. I always wanted to chew/smoke when I got pretty drunk.

Still get drunk but I think the other steps I took have helped reduce that desire IMO.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 04:50 PM

Still feelin' good. It gets easier every day. Should have done this months ago.