ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2014 Bowe's best year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287916)

Mother****erJones 10-29-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11067024)
Bowe is grossly underrated on this board.

Our offense has been amazingly efficient this year sans the Dolphins game and, to a lesser extent, the 49ers game.

Starting to really like this team and really like the guy in charge (Dorsey). Reid still needs to hire me for clock management, though.

What about the Titans game?

MahiMike 10-29-2014 01:30 PM

Bowe is about efficient as a 4 wheel drive pickup pulling a load uphill with a flat tire.

scho63 10-29-2014 01:30 PM

I read this when in came out and thought it was a really intriguing way to evaluate a WR.

Bowe has been doing all the right team stuff this year and playing good but he should be GREAT based on his salary.

MahiMike 10-29-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 11067291)
I read this when in came out and thought it was a really intriguing way to evaluate a WR.

Bowe has been doing all the right team stuff this year and playing good but he should be GREAT based on his salary.

For all the shit Eric Fisher and Alex Smith take, Bowe needs more critics.

ThaVirus 10-29-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 11067210)
That excuse only goes so far. Again he's a very good WR but his production doesn't match his salary. Look at the QB's Andre Johnson has played with for example or Eric Deckers touchdowns with Tim Tebow. The last few years Bowe wasn't very good. I heard a stat that he hadn't caught a touchdown in a Chiefs victory since the Colts game 2011. Don't know if that's true or not.

Can't be.

He scored the go-ahead TD in our win against the Cowboys game last season.

vailpass 10-29-2014 02:13 PM

Good? Yes. Anywhere near worth what he's paid? No.

Rausch 10-29-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 11067423)

This.

If we'd have spent a 1 or 3 in the draft @ WR last year we probably wouldn't even miss him...

The Franchise 10-29-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 11067423)

He never will be. At the time he got the contract.....Dorsey was forced to overpay him because Albert wasn't signing his contract. Do you franchise tag Bowe and watch as Albert walks away for nothing? Or do you overpay Bowe and tag Albert so that you can find his replacement?

No Bowe? That means that Alex Smith gets to throw to Donnie Avery and McCluster as his top two WRs.

Is Bowe overpaid? Sure. But at the time....it was the only choice to get Alex Smith weapons and still have a LT to block for him.

vailpass 10-29-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11067427)
This.

If we'd have spent a 1 or 3 in the draft @ WR last year we probably wouldn't even miss him...

I couldn't believe KC didn't grab Cody Latimer but so glad they didn't. Not sure what the aversion to drafting wr is there...

vailpass 10-29-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11067438)
He never will be. At the time he got the contract.....Dorsey was forced to overpay him because Albert wasn't signing his contract. Do you franchise tag Bowe and watch as Albert walks away for nothing? Or do you overpay Bowe and tag Albert so that you can find his replacement?

No Bowe? That means that Alex Smith gets to throw to Donnie Avery and McCluster as his top two WRs.

Is Bowe overpaid? Sure. But at the time....it was the only choice to get Alex Smith weapons and still have a LT to block for him.

That's enlightening, hadn't seen it that way. Still need to draft wr though imho...

MagicHef 10-29-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11067034)
"Target" just means he was the intended receiver, right? It could have been a really shitty throw. So the better 'efficiency' could just be that the throws are better this year than in 2010, I'd assume.

Kind of seems like a worthless stat. If they could tell me that he's had X amount of catchable passes thrown to him and he's caught X many, then I guess that would be useful.

What's funny is that he got his numbers from PFF, and they do track catchable balls, the author just chose not to include it, mainly because it doesn't make Bowe look very good.

He's had 28 catchable balls thrown his way, and has caught 25, for 89%. That puts him at 122nd out of 177 WRs. Emmanuel Sanders is at 98%, Donnie Avery is at 93%.

Sandy Vagina 10-29-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 11067448)
I couldn't believe KC didn't grab Cody Latimer but so glad they didn't. Not sure what the aversion to drafting wr is there...

wanted Latimer... **** you! At least KC doesn't have to completely spoil their QB with receiving talent to win.

RealSNR 10-29-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11067196)
You have to get open to get targeted.

Alex Smith "open" is not NFL open.

Bowe is NFL open consistently.

vailpass 10-29-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 11067471)
wanted Latimer... **** you! At least KC doesn't have to completely spoil their QB with receiving talent to win.

Yeah I thought he was a no brainer for KC. Not sure surrounding your qb with weapons is "spoiling"... Oh and **** you too :-)

Sandy Vagina 10-29-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 11067482)
Yeah I thought he was a no brainer for KC. Not sure surrounding your qb with weapons is "spoiling"... Oh and **** you too :-)

just for kicks... where would you rank Denver's offensive supporting cast in the League?

... and then, rank KC's...

:deevee: