ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Haason Reddick, LB, Temple (dark horse at 27?) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305566)

staylor26 01-27-2017 02:13 PM

Haason Reddick, LB, Temple (dark horse at 27?)

This guy just absolutely lit it up this week at Senior Bowl practices. Daniel Jeremiah said he doesn't even think he lost a rep. He demonstrated the natural ability to cover backs and TE's , great speed/range, and he has added value as a pass rusher. I think this guy would be a great replacement for DJ. He's going to turn some heads again at the combine, so hopefully he doesn't raise his stock too much.

Keep in mind, Fisher and Ford were the stars of their respective senior bowl weeks, so we know Dorsey values the show he has put on.

The Franchise 01-27-2017 02:19 PM

Where the **** have you been?!

staylor26 01-27-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12712594)
Where the **** have you been?!

Working my ****ing ass off unfortunately. Lost a couple employees back in October and it's been hell. Not easy to quickly replace armored truck drivers in a small town. Finally got some help just in time for the draft process though.

It's officially time to start looking for our QBOTF...

The Franchise 01-27-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12712604)
Working my ****ing ass off unfortunately. Lost a couple employees back in October and it's been hell. Not easy to quickly replace armored truck drivers in a small town. Finally got some help just in time for the draft process though.

Well....good to see your back in time for the draft.

kccrow 01-27-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12712583)
This guy just absolutely lit it up this week at Senior Bowl practices. Daniel Jeremiah said he doesn't even think he lost a rep. He demonstrated the natural ability to cover backs and TE's , great speed/range, and he has added value as a pass rusher. I think this guy would be a great replacement for DJ. He's going to turn some heads again at the combine, so hopefully he doesn't raise his stock too much.

Keep in mind, Fisher and Ford were the stars of their respective senior bowl weeks, so we know Dorsey values the show he has put on.

Good to see he's playing some coverage at the Senior Bowl. Could be a Jamie Collins like conversion project. I've been contemplating this kid all offseason. I'm leaning towards not round 1 for the very reason he's a small project at this point. He's spent alot of time as an edge rusher for the Owls. I think round 2 is where I'd feel comfortable, but his athleticism is going to be off the charts. So, what do you do? I don't know. I feel if you pass at 27, he's not there at 59. I just haven't decided if I feel good about him at 27 or not. He's an interesting player, without a doubt.

Edit: Wanted to add that the plus side is he did look good in coverage when he did have opportunities at Temple.

RealSNR 01-27-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12712604)

You live in Key West. WTF do you need armored trucks for? Transporting Ernest Hemingway items from his house across town?

RealSNR 01-27-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12712700)
Good to see he's playing some coverage at the Senior Bowl. Could be a Jamie Collins like conversion project. I've been contemplating this kid all offseason. I'm leaning towards not round 1 for the very reason he's a small project at this point. He's spent alot of time as an edge rusher for the Owls. I think round 2 is where I'd feel comfortable, but his athleticism is going to be off the charts. So, what do you do? I don't know. I feel if you pass at 27, he's not there at 59. I just haven't decided if I feel good about him at 27 or not. He's an interesting player, without a doubt.

Edit: Wanted to add that the plus side is he did look good in coverage when he did have opportunities at Temple.

If we think he's going to get taken in the early 2nd round, we should just take him in the 1st. Don't mess around with that ridiculous trade down stuff we did this past draft.

That lost option year on Chris Jones could be really valuable in a few years, and we won't have it. Don't want to make the same mistake with this guy.

kccrow 01-27-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12712767)
If we think he's going to get taken in the early 2nd round, we should just take him in the 1st. Don't mess around with that ridiculous trade down stuff we did this past draft.

That lost option year on Chris Jones could be really valuable in a few years, and we won't have it. Don't want to make the same mistake with this guy.

Depends on who is left on the board and how many slots. If Reddick, McMillan, and Davis are all still on the board at 27 and you feel comfortable with all 3, then you might drop down. The only teams that are maybe's on my list at the end of round 1 are Green Bay and New England to pick ILB. After that, maybe Cincinnati with the 9th pick in round 2.

DJ's left nut 01-27-2017 04:18 PM

Holy shit. Staylor is back.

I thought someone pissed him off and he left forever, but I always miss the good drama around here so I figured I just missed that one as well.

It's a festivus miracle!

staylor26 01-27-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12712760)
You live in Key West. WTF do you need armored trucks for? Transporting Ernest Hemingway items from his house across town?

ROFL

staylor26 01-27-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12712835)
Holy shit. Staylor is back.

I thought someone pissed him off and he left forever, but I always miss the good drama around here so I figured I just missed that one as well.

It's a festivus miracle!

Only a bitch would leave for that reason

O.city 01-27-2017 05:13 PM

Staylor is back, further proving therr is no such thing as momentum!!!

DJ's left nut 01-27-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12712931)
Only a bitch would leave for that reason

Nobody ever leaves for that reason. They always come back.

Except for FAX, but that's because LAZ is just a monumental douche and can have that effect on people. And probably the Talking Can...but he could definitely be a bitch at times.

And Mr. Blonde....except he died. Or went to prison. Potayto, potahto.

staylor26 01-27-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12712947)
Staylor is back, further proving therr is no such thing as momentum!!!

You sound disappointed :(

RunKC 01-27-2017 05:40 PM

Welcome back staylor! I'm glad you're bacck. All of the best posters back to talk about the draft again.