ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271360)

Titty Meat 03-30-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9542601)
Wichita State can win if Duke beats Louisville. They can't beat Louisville. Florida, Michigan, and Syracuse can all be had.

I could see Michigan winning it. They just beat the team who gave them the biggest mismatch.

Ceej 03-30-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9542647)
I could see Michigan winning it. They just beat the team who gave them the biggest mismatch.

Trey Burke is phenomenal.

McGary has been money in the tournament too.

GloryDayz 03-30-2013 08:46 PM

LOL, on Metro Sports, the WSU coach just whiffed on a high-five! He's not cASSHOLE, but he whiffed!

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-30-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9542647)

Kansas' frontcourt's inability to score consistently was its own mismatch. Michigan is much more susceptible to teams with post scoring and defense than just trees inside.

RNR 03-30-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9542668)
Kansas' frontcourt's inability to score consistently was its own mismatch. Michigan is much more susceptible to teams with post scoring and defense than just trees inside.

I live in the heart of Duke country. It would be very nice to give the arrogant bastards the finger~

Buehler445 03-30-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9542601)
Wichita State can win if Duke beats Louisville. They can't beat Louisville. Florida, Michigan, and Syracuse can all be had.

Man I don't know. Depending on what the officials let go, I think WSU can make Siva et. al. (OK mostly Siva) do stupid shit. Siva can lose games all by himself.

The miraculous thing is Wichita State hasn't played anybody with a real post presence. Gonzaga was the closest, and their 7 footer wanted to be a guard. Ohio State should have went inside, but they just refused. And now, there aren't a lot of good post players left. Plumlee is the best, and he's not all that dominant in and of himself, although he does a lot of good in Duke's system.

The thing is that WSU is playing better now than all the other games I've seen them play. I watched almost all of the MVC tourney, and they're playing the major teams better than they did the MVC guys.

GoShox 03-30-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9542868)
The thing is that WSU is playing better now than all the other games I've seen them play. I watched almost all of the MVC tourney, and they're playing the major teams better than they did the MVC guys.

One of the advantages of playing teams that don't spend all year scouting you and have played you so many times that they know your sets, tendencies, etc.

Also, I feel we're better built to play against other athletic teams that like to play physical games.

Titty Meat 03-30-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9542668)

Whithey changed a lot of Michigans shots and they got no easy layups. Ellis was a mismatch for them as well. Michigan really couldn't match the muscle inside against Kansas. There isn't another team in the tournament who will be able to alter shots the way Kansas was. That's the difference between Michigan barely winning and beating a good VCU team by 25.

Buehler445 03-30-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 9542881)
One of the advantages of playing teams that don't spend all year scouting you and have played you so many times that they know your sets, tendencies, etc.

Also, I feel we're better built to play against other athletic teams that like to play physical games.

Yeah. I gotta eat crow. I thought WSU would get pounded inside but they got to the final four holding their own inside. They had some favorable draws, but they're a lot tougher inside than I gave them credit for.

That being said, hopefully everybody is OK. Obviously Early is one to be concerned about but hall and baker both took shots to the dome. Hopefully everyone is OK with a day rest.

Titty Meat 03-30-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9542658)
Trey Burke is phenomenal.

McGary has been money in the tournament too.

Yeah when Burke is on they are unbeatable.

Meh I think Michigan wins it all now watch them lose to Florida tomorrow ROFL

Ceej 03-31-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9543031)
Yeah when Burke is on they are unbeatable.

Meh I think Michigan wins it all now watch them lose to Florida tomorrow ROFL

That'll be a great ****ing game.

Gotta think UF wins.

jimw51 03-31-2013 02:11 AM

My brackets are blown don't care anymore

Masterchief 03-31-2013 02:22 AM

I have a biracial daughter and she has dated assholes of all colors...btw I'm black,lately the guy shes with now who's black is got his shit together

Masterchief 03-31-2013 02:25 AM

Oops wrong thread :bolt:

Pasta Little Brioni 03-31-2013 08:44 AM

Duke-Michigan CBS splooges