ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fantastic Four (2015) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290223)

keg in kc 01-27-2015 11:23 AM

Fantastic Four (2015)

This would be the upcoming Trank version. New teaser trailer just released is the first look.

<iframe width="603" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e-BVs-KCSiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 01-27-2015 11:29 AM

This looks better than any of the other garbage movies they've put out....but there's not anything exciting about the Fantastic 4 as a group. I've never liked them....even when I was a kid.

Frosty 01-27-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11294929)
This looks better than any of the other garbage movies they've put out....but there's not just nothing exciting about the Fantastic 4 as a group. I've never liked them....even when I was a kid.

The only cool one was Johnny Storm. Otherwise it was a low rent Hulk, a PlasticMan ripoff and the useless invisible girl.

lawrenceRaider 01-27-2015 11:35 AM

I suppose I'll have to watch it now. Looks light years ahead of the other F4 movies.

keg in kc 01-27-2015 11:51 AM

It looked better than I expected but I'm holding judgement until a full trailer.

Direckshun 01-27-2015 11:54 AM

That's probably about as good as you can make FF.

They're just a dramatically outdated superhero team.

-King- 01-27-2015 12:11 PM

Looks real good from that trailer. 100x better than the first fantastic four.

Deberg_1990 01-27-2015 05:00 PM

I like Miles Teller a lot. Good young up and coming actor.

NewChief 01-27-2015 05:26 PM

Yeah. I was a comic book nerd. The only time I liked F4 was when they interacted with other aspects of the universe like the Submariner and Silver Surfer.

Ragged Robin 01-27-2015 08:04 PM

not sure about the younger cast, also still dgaf about F4

Bowser 01-27-2015 08:37 PM

I can't get over the Torch being black and not a blood brother to Sue. Is that wrong?

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2015 08:48 PM

I honestly cannot figure out the motivation for making this film.

In a MCU of incredible super heroes, these guys are lame. It appears they're doing it "right" this time (thanks to Simon Kinberg) but who really wants to see multiple FF films?

Deberg_1990 01-27-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11295999)

In a MCU of incredible super heroes, these guys are lame. It appears they're doing it "right" this time (thanks to Simon Kinberg) but who really wants to see multiple FF films?

pretty much my feelings as well.

Is it the whole Spider Man thing again Dane? FOX doesnt want to lose the rights back to Marvel so they have to keep making films?

Bowser 01-27-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11295999)

Greed. It's the only thing I can think of when I wonder why they made this. They've seen the success and money Marvel has made and they think they can cash in on that wave right now. Throw in the "diversity" of the new Johhny Storm, and it's a haymaker swing at knocking open a potential cash piņata.

Outside of the FF actually being in the cinematic Marvel Universe, the FF are not impressive. These guys teaming up with the Avengers or any other mashup is big time, and it's an imperative to the Infinity Wars.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11296007)
Greed. It's the only thing I can think of when I wonder why they made this. They've seen the success and money Marvel has made and they think they can cash in on that wave right now.

Outside of the FF actually being in the cinematic Marvel Universe, the FF are not impressive. These guys teaming up with the Avengers or any other mashup is big time, and it's an imperative to the Infinity Wars.

Right.

Unfortunately, their rights are with Fox, so like the X-Men, it's highly unlikely that they'll ever allow their characters in a Marvel/Disney film.