ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody still think Haley shouldn't have been fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266565)

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9114601)
ROFL

I'm angry because I ****ing hate Scott Pioli and I can't believe he was actually able to convince people that Todd Haley was the scapegoat.

I'm directing it at YOU because you're one of the ****ing lemmings that bought that line of bullshit.

I hated him from the beginning man. I nicknamed him Happy Gilmore because he was an angry golfer. I thought he was a terrible hire from day one. For years I trashed the guy.

I just wanted him gone from day one. I don't care what you think he was made out to be.

FAX 11-13-2012 07:56 AM

Yep. Golfers have never been successful at anything outside of golf. Never. Ever.

Personally, I love the game of golf. It teaches you discipline, concentration, focus, patience ... all kinds of useful things. Plus, it's cool to swing a stick at things and golf has a great name ... golf. Golf. Golf, golf, golf. It's an awesome name. Golf.

They could have named it like other sports ... Whiteball or Tinyball or Dimpleball or something like that. But no ... they said, "Screw that. We'll call it golf." Golf is cool.

FAX

htismaqe 11-13-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9114604)
There is where we agree - the real firings have yet to come

But don't act like getting rid of Haley wasn't necessary

It's a process

Necessary? I don't think so.

Getting rid of him was WARRANTED. He deserved it.

It wasn't NECESSARY, as that implies that him being gone would somehow improve this team. Obviously, it hasn't. At all.

htismaqe 11-13-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114617)
I hated him from the beginning man. I nicknamed him Happy Gilmore because he was an angry golfer. I thought he was a terrible hire from day one. For years I trashed the guy.

I just wanted him gone from day one. I don't care what you think he was made out to be.

So you're just narrow-minded then.

TimeForWasp 11-13-2012 07:58 AM

I'll admit. I didn't want Haley fired. This shit is really ****ed up now.

FAX 11-13-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9114627)
So you're just narrow-minded then.

Does a wild bear crap on a golf course?

FAX

jd1020 11-13-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9114625)
Necessary? I don't think so.

Getting rid of him was WARRANTED. He deserved it.

It wasn't NECESSARY, as that implies that him being gone would somehow improve this team. Obviously, it hasn't. At all.

This is reeruned.

It was absolutely NECESSARY to fire Haley. Just like it's becoming apparent that it's absolutely NECESSARY to fire Pioli and every ex-Patriot hes brought to this team.

el borracho 11-13-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9114610)
ROFLROFLROFL

Comparing his lesser involvement on a better team.

Why not compare his years in KC as HC when he tried to be HC and OC?

Ok...

After the ninth game in 2011 with Haley but without Charles, Berry and Moeaki: 4-5

After the ninth game in 2012 without Haley but with Charles, Berry and Moeaki: 1-8

htismaqe 11-13-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9114628)
I'll admit. I didn't want Haley fired. This shit is really ****ed up now.

I have no problem with Haley being fired.

I have a real problem with anybody that believes that Haley was the reason this team was so bad, especially now that they're WORSE.

Haley needed to be fired after the Jets game because, as a public face of the franchise, he can't just act like that on TV. He can't, he should know better.

However, this front office did him wrong. He just chose to deal with it in the wrong way.

el borracho 11-13-2012 08:03 AM

Todd Haley: 19-26
Romeo Crennel: 27-49

htismaqe 11-13-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9114636)

This is reeruned.

It was absolutely NECESSARY to fire Haley. Just like it's becoming apparent that it's absolutely NECESSARY to fire Pioli and every ex-Patriot his brought to this team.

In and of itself (which is how we were speaking), it was NOT necessary to fire Haley.

If you want to include "firing Haley" as part of the overall housecleaning that's needed, I absolutely agree with you.

But by itself, it was not necessary and our current win/loss record proves it.

jd1020 11-13-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9114642)
In and of itself (which is how we were speaking), it was NOT necessary to fire Haley.

If you want to include "firing Haley" as part of the overall housecleaning that's needed, I absolutely agree with you.

But by itself, it was not necessary and our current win/loss record proves it.

I'm sorry, but I can't compute such stupidity.

Haley was an incompetent HC and it was necessary to fire him. That doesn't change if he were to be fired with a group of people or without.

FAX 11-13-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9114638)
Ok...

After the ninth game in 2011 with Haley but without Charles, Berry and Moeaki: 4-5

After the ninth game in 2012 without Haley but with Charles, Berry and Moeaki: 1-8

It might be useful to mention that the NFL entered the 2011 year without the benefit of an off-season training camp which was particularly harmful to young, inexperienced teams like the Chiefs.

It's incredible the lengths some people will go to in order to bash Haley who did nothing but drag this pitiful franchise by the short hairs into some form of brief respectability ... all, I might add, while he was being maliciously undercut and undermined by the GM.

Haley made mistakes, to be sure. But the amount of hatred directed toward him is way out of proportion to any errors he may have made. I'll bet he rues the day he ever came to work for the Chiefs ... and I wouldn't blame him.

FAX

jd1020 11-13-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9114641)
Todd Haley: 19-26
Romeo Crennel: 27-49

.420 win %

vs

.360 win %

Translation: Who ****ing cares?

htismaqe 11-13-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9114647)
I'm sorry, but I can't compute such stupidity.

Haley was an incompetent HC and it was necessary to fire him. That doesn't change if he were to be fired with a group of people or without.

The only way firing him is a NECESSITY is if it improves the team. It didn't. They were actually better WITH him.

So no, firing him wasn't necessary. Unless this record-setting shithole team was what you wanted.