ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jadeveon Clowney should lawyer up, challenge nonsensical 'three-years-out' rule (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269998)

DaKCMan AP 02-14-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9402180)
Just like Ndamukong Suh was Jabba the Hutt's Rancor in football pads, eh?

He helping the Lions win a lot of games?

Terrible analogy, considering the Lions drafted Stafford at #1 overall the year prior to drafting Suh at #2 overall.

RealSNR 02-14-2013 09:30 AM

The Donks really like Von Miller. He'll be a cornerstone of that defense for years to come.

Good thing Manning is in town. Otherwise he'd be a franchise cornerstone for a perennial 8-8 team AT BEST.

Get your QB first. There will be more "can't miss" players at a variety of positions in drafts to come.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-14-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9402180)
Just like Ndamukong Suh was Jabba the Hutt's Rancor in football pads, eh?

He helping the Lions win a lot of games?

Dear Diary,

Today I realized despite all my talents, my world-class speed, quickness and strength, and my ability to change a game on one play, I am completely beholden to the will of Steve Bono. I know not when this will change. All I can do is wish upon a falling star that someday my prince will come.

The night is long and the dawn is far off. I can't recall the taste of food, nor the touch of grass. I am alone in the dark, with only Marty's gleam to light my way. These are dark times.

Time to go and bang some more sluts.

Yours, Derrick Thomas

1 interesting fact about your Derrick Thomas analogy. The year the Chiefs took that young, stud in the first they actually drafted a QB in the 2nd round. A guy out of Wake Forest named Mike Elkins.

That year was another year that had a shitty QB class. Troy Aikman was drafted first. And he was the ONLY QB taken in the first round that year as the other 2 guys were from the supplemental draft. Other QB's of note in that class were Billy Joe Tolliver, Anthony Dilwig, and Erik Wilhelm.

Okay, you win. Geno or bust. ROFL

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9402206)
Terrible analogy, considering the Lions drafted Stafford at #1 overall the year prior to drafting Suh at #2 overall.

That's exactly my point.

The Lions' fate is tied so much more to what Stafford does than anything Suh does.

Suh can only complement Stafford, not overcome him. Or Gunther Cunningham for that matter.

htismaqe 02-14-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9402207)
The Donks really like Von Miller. He'll be a cornerstone of that defense for years to come.

Good thing Manning is in town. Otherwise he'd be a franchise cornerstone for a perennial 8-8 team AT BEST.

Get your QB first. There will be more "can't miss" players at a variety of positions in drafts to come.

That's the best part of this whole discussion.

We can take Geno, let him cut his teeth and work things out this season, and chances are, Clowney will be available in NEXT YEAR'S DRAFT.

Molitoth 02-14-2013 09:39 AM

Like someone mentioned earlier...

There is a "can't miss" defensive prospect almost every year.
and when you look at where "can't miss" player gets drafted... that team hasn't won jack shit.

When you look at the teams that DO WIN, they typically have a fantastic QB.

RealSNR 02-14-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9402214)
That's the best part of this whole discussion.

We can take Geno, let him cut his teeth and work things out this season, and chances are, Clowney will be available in NEXT YEAR'S DRAFT.

It's about ****ing time I heard somebody say, "Don't worry, (insert name of stud non-QB) will be available in next year's class." Usually it's the other way around, where people say "Don't draft a QB this year, (insert name of stud QB) will be available in next year's class."

The hilarious part is in the past whenever they've said that, that QB has turned out to be a giant lemon. Brohm, Quinn, Bradford, Tebow, McCoy, Locker, Gabbert... the list goes on and on. Andrew Luck is the only QB in recent memory we were told to "wait" for who turned out to be any good.

Finally the true fans afraid of drafting a QB are the ones who will have to be told to wait, only to find that the Chiefs won't be picking high enough to get their guy :thumb:

DaKCMan AP 02-14-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9402213)
That's exactly my point.

The Lions' fate is tied so much more to what Stafford does than anything Suh does.

Suh can only complement Stafford, not overcome him. Or Gunther Cunningham for that matter.

Agree. I'm not opposed to much of what you're saying. The issue I have is you knocking the QB evaluation credentials of Reid/Dorsey when your own are complete, utter trash.

DaKCMan AP 02-14-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9402232)
It's about ****ing time I heard somebody say, "Don't worry, (insert name of stud non-QB) will be available in next year's class." Usually it's the other way around, where people say "Don't draft a QB this year, (insert name of stud QB) will be available in next year's class."

The hilarious part is in the past whenever they've said that, that QB has turned out to be a giant lemon. Brohm, Quinn, Bradford, Tebow, McCoy, Locker, Gabbert... the list goes on and on. Andrew Luck is the only QB in recent memory we were told to "wait" for who turned out to be any good.

Finally the true fans afraid of drafting a QB are the ones who will have to be told to wait, only to find that the Chiefs won't be picking high enough to get their guy :thumb:

Step 1: Draft Geno in 2013

Step 2: Suck in 2013

Step 3: Draft Clowney in 2014

Profit.

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9402241)
Agree. I'm not opposed to much of what you're saying. The issue I have is you knocking the QB evaluation credentials of Reid/Dorsey when your own are complete, utter trash.

I'm not knocking them. Brian Brohm was probably worth a 2nd round pick.

Trouble is, regardless of who's picking them, 2nd round QBs are a largely fruitless endeavor.

DaKCMan AP 02-14-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9402247)
I'm not knocking them. Brian Brohm was probably worth a 2nd round pick.

Trouble is, regardless of who's picking them, 2nd round QBs are a largely fruitless endeavor.

Fair enough.

htismaqe 02-14-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9402245)

Step 2: Suck in 2013

Step 3: Draft Clowney in 2014

Profit.

Of course, the alternative is:

Profit.

I think we just found ourselves a WIN-WIN proposition!

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 09:58 AM

When Geno throws the game winning TD pass in SB XLIX and Hali and Houston rape the opposing QB on his desperation drive, I'm going to put a bag of flaming poop on Jadaveon Clowney's doorstep.

Sorter 02-14-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9402275)
When Geno throws the game winning TD pass in SB XLIX and Hali and Houston rape the opposing QB on his desperation drive, I'm going to put a bag of flaming poop on Jadaveon Clowney, Star Lotulelei, Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, Mike Glennon and Luke Joeckel's doorsteps.

FYP

htismaqe 02-14-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9402275)
When Geno throws the game winning TD pass in SB XLIX and Hali and Houston rape the opposing QB on his desperation drive, I'm going to put a bag of flaming poop on Jadaveon Clowney's doorstep.

ROFL

http://vivalavidro.files.wordpress.c...9acefb6d56.gif