ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Len Dawson interviews Pioli... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266141)

BossChief 11-04-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9081946)
Man, that is when you do go rogue is when you are an old man and can afford to 'flip the bird' to anyone and get away with it. Lenny doesn't need the Chiefs. It's the other way around and Lenny probably told Clark, "No puff piece or I don't do it."

I don't live in KC and don't know the history of the networks or Dawson, but past behavior is what you observe and has Dawson pussed out b4 ?

ROFL

Brock 11-04-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9081946)
Man, that is when you do go rogue is when you are an old man and can afford to 'flip the bird' to anyone and get away with it. Lenny doesn't need the Chiefs. It's the other way around and Lenny probably told Clark, "No puff piece or I don't do it."

I don't live in KC and don't know the history of the networks or Dawson, but past behavior is what you observe and has Dawson pussed out b4 ?

ROFL Lenny gets free scotch all day Sunday, and you think he's going to do anything to screw that up?

Shag 11-04-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9081956)
My guesses at the questions:

1. What's gone wrong?
2. How do you fix it?
3. Clark's reaction?
4. Your view on RAC?

No follow-ups. Free reign for Pioli to recite talking points.

Yup. It'll be very close to this. There will also be the "Are you concerned about being fired?" type question...

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 12:13 PM

Christ...air this interview already!

RealSNR 11-04-2012 12:14 PM

I'm still holding out hope for a prostate cancer jab from Lenny

BlackHelicopters 11-04-2012 12:16 PM

Expect nothing ground breaking.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 12:42 PM

I'm hoping Lenny is wearing a blackout arrowhead hoodie during the interview...

Woodchuck 11-04-2012 12:51 PM

Pioli never says shit in interviews. If he was interviewed by a panel including Ghandi, Jesus, his mother, and George Washington, he still wouldn't say shit.

Why would any of you guys expect anything from any interview Pioli does?

gblowfish 11-04-2012 12:59 PM

Dawson is a Chiefs employee. Karen Kornacki is the biggest fluff piece, softball lobber in the local media, and they both work for KMBC. He will ask some very vague "what happened, how will you fix it?" type questions, but will not pressure him or make him look bad. This is the begining of PR spin to try to calm down the fan base, say "things aren't as bad as they look," we were in the playoffs two years ago yap yap yap. They're just trying to generate some misplaced optimism to blunt the critics, and "get their side of the story out."

It'll be all PR spin meistered bullshit. I'll be very surprised if its a legit Q&A.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 01:03 PM

Pioli was pressed a little by Jack Harry and admitted that he still thought they could win with Cassel.

Just look at this preview I think it looks like he's defending some things he did.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9082536)
This is the begining of PR spin to try to calm down the fan base, say "things aren't as bad as they look," we were in the playoffs two years ago yap yap yap.

And it does not mean he is not getting fired.

You always have the glass half empty. Not that I blame you. ROFL

notorious 11-04-2012 01:11 PM

First question "So, what are the details on your new 5 year contact extension?"

007 11-04-2012 01:16 PM

All the PR moves they are making make me think he has already been extended.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9082600)
All the PR moves they are making make me think he has already been extended.

Yup.

htismaqe 11-04-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9082536)
This is the begining of PR spin to try to calm down the fan base, say "things aren't as bad as they look," we were in the playoffs two years ago yap yap yap. They're just trying to generate some misplaced optimism to blunt the critics, and "get their side of the story out."

Dude, we are WAY beyond the point where something like that is going to WORK.

This is actually making the average fan like him LESS because they had never seen or heard him do an interview before now, when the team is in historic FAIL mode.

His lack of a public presence before now, combined with the Arrowhead Anxiety, prevents this from garnering him any real sympathy. It just makes him look pathetic.