ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is 2016 a breaking point for this team? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282406)

BlackHelicopters 03-19-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10502203)
God, have you ever wondered why the **** Marvin Lewis still has a job as a head coach in this league?

Sometimes if I'm taking a really nasty poo, I think about Marvin Lewis and how he has somehow survived this long and become such a blatant exception to phrase "NFL stands for Not For Long." It makes no sense to me. And while I do some of my best thinking in the bathroom, even the 20-30 minute diarrhea sessions don't provide a sufficient enough cognitive boost for me to wrap my head around that one.

Next to Belichek, the longest tenured AFC coach?

BullJunkandIron 03-19-2014 03:13 PM

Is something supposed to happen at 20:16 hrs tonight I'm not aware of?

Direckshun 03-19-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10502203)
God, have you ever wondered why the **** Marvin Lewis still has a job as a head coach in this league?

Sometimes if I'm taking a really nasty poo, I think about Marvin Lewis and how he has somehow survived this long and become such a blatant exception to phrase "NFL stands for Not For Long." It makes no sense to me. And while I do some of my best thinking in the bathroom, even the 20-30 minute diarrhea sessions don't provide a sufficient enough cognitive boost for me to wrap my head around that one.

He's (more or less) hit on two QBs.

That'll save you more than anything.

I can't imagine Ryan can survive much longer. What's he going to say-- the next QB will workout?

DeezNutz 03-19-2014 03:26 PM

Am I missing something?

Those lists are largely a huge pile of shit when we're talking 2016. The team will extend Poe, and everyone else is expendable.

RealSNR 03-19-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10502483)
Am I missing something?

Those lists are largely a huge pile of shit when we're talking 2016. The team will extend Poe, and everyone else is expendable.

Huge pile of shit or cap casualty, it's still nothing.

The point is that most of the entire list will need to be replaced.

Thus my question. Is that the time when we push the "reset" button?

DeezNutz 03-19-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10502491)
Huge pile of shit or cap casualty, it's still nothing.

The point is that most of the entire list will need to be replaced.

Thus my question. Is that the time when we push the "reset" button?

Nah. Natural development of the roster. Teams with competent GMs should never have to "start over."

The Franchise 03-19-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Jeff Allen
Donnie Avery
Tyler Bray (RFA)
Jamaal Charles
Chase Daniel
Mike DeVito
Cyrus Gray
Tamba Hali
Jaye Howard
AJ Jenkins
Derrick Johnson
Joe Mays
Sean McGrath
Dontari Poe
Sean Smith
Donald Stephenson
Rokevious Watkins
Frank Zombo
Players that are meh or easily replaceable - Allen, Avery, Bray, Daniel, Gray, Howard, Jenkins, Mays, McGrath, Watkins and Zombo.

Players that are average to good players - DeVito, Smith and Stephenson.

Players that they need to either re-sign or find replacements for in the next 2 seasons - Charles, Hali and Johnson.

Players that need new contracts before 2016 gets here - Poe.

DeezNutz 03-19-2014 03:41 PM

Exactly. If Dorsey is worth a shit, he's drafting guys this year who will be the key contributors in 2016. If he's Pioli, then we can hope only that he'll be fired.

scho63 03-19-2014 04:46 PM

We haven't even finished the 2014 free agency, begun the 2014 draft, or had one snap of the 2014 season and you are trying to analyze where we stand for 2016???

You are really f**** up and need to get a life.

Stop wasting your time and everyone else's on stupid threads. Why not analyze and predict the 2026 draft while you are at it??? :spock:

RealSNR 03-19-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 10502675)
We haven't even finished the 2014 free agency, begun the 2014 draft, or had one snap of the 2014 season and you are trying to analyze where we stand for 2016???

You are really f**** up and need to get a life.

Stop wasting your time and everyone else's on stupid threads. Why not analyze and predict the 2026 draft while you are at it??? :spock:

The dumbest mother****er on this forum doesn't like my thread?

Woah! Thanks! That's quite a confidence boost!

Simplicity 03-19-2014 04:49 PM

Jacoby Ford?

Did I miss something or why is this a possibility?

Discuss Thrower 03-19-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 10502675)
Why not analyze and predict the 2026 draft while you are at it??? :spock:

Keep ****ing doubting this Mighty Mite RB coming out of Nixa that I've heard of.

kccrow 03-19-2014 05:04 PM

Okay, I'll bite on this one...

Jeff Allen - I already believe he NEEDS to be replace ASAP.
Donnie Avery - Easily replaceable.
Tyler Bray (RFA) - Unless he shows something amazing by then, he's only a 3rd string UDFA QB...
Jamaal Charles - By 2016 Charles will be going on 30. We'll need a replacement.
Chase Daniel - A FA 2nd string QB, I'm not overly concerned.
Mike DeVito - Marginal starting 3-4DE, good run stopper. Always plenty of those out there, but he's a solid starter so I bolded him.
Cyrus Gray - Meh...
Tamba Hali - Will probably be a cap casualty sooner than that. The time to replace him in theory is this year, at least in a rotational development fashion.
Jaye Howard - Meh..
AJ Jenkins - We'll see if this even matters by then...
Derrick Johnson - He'll be 33 and might have enough in the tank to re-sign short term by then. Not overly concerned just yet, but the Chiefs have to develop depth anyhow...
Joe Mays - Will be looking for that final pay day. If he works out, it may not be worth it to re-sign him. We'll see, see DJ for the rest..
Sean McGrath - Good 3rd TE, but I'm not going to sweat that.
Dontari Poe - He's gonna get paid, prepare for that.
Sean Smith - I didn't like the signing to begin with. I still don't. Unless he's amazing this year, I could care less if he goes.
Donald Stephenson - If he continues his ascent, he'll be a must re-sign guy and will get a decent dime. I'd prepare to re-sign him.
Rokevious Watkins - Meh....dime a dozen below average backup guard...
Frank Zombo - Meh... dime a dozen situational player and special teamer.

Most of the guys on this list are replaceable pieces using late round picks and low-key free agent signings. I'm not overly concerned about keeping this ship afloat. I think there are a few guys that I bolded that you re-sign in 2016 and a few you start thinking about replacing in this year's draft or next. I'm a big believer in developing youth. I don't think you need 15 draft picks or anything crazy, but you have to draft smart and be selective in FA. Right now you have 9 starters on that list, of which 4 you could call above average or better.

Discuss Thrower 03-19-2014 05:21 PM

Whichever guys are on 810 Sports is burying the Chiefs and Dorsey already..

Easy 6 03-19-2014 05:26 PM

Unless we draft some real studs and shrewdly negotiate the free agent market between now and then... yes.

So many of our current core guys will be either over the hill or too expensive to keep by then... thats why I'm pretty disappointed in free agency right now, I thought we were clearly in WIN NOW mode.

Maybe not the sell your Grandmas soul version of it that Dinver is in, but atleast a strong, creative effort to add impact players, even if they werent top dog money grabbers.

Yes, this current group is quickly running out of time.