ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Draft Buzz (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291541)

O.city 03-27-2015 10:24 PM

If the chiefs sat in the 34 set primarily, sure.

redshirt32 03-28-2015 08:25 AM

Looks like we might move up a spot or two depending on the NFL decisions/sanctions to take draft picks away from Falcons and Browns.

March 27, 2015 - 11:58 am
Falcons, Browns bracing for sanctions … The NFL is expected to announce the sanctions against Atlanta and Cleveland early next week and both teams have already been told by the league that they will be ‘severe’. Indeed, both teams are now reportedly expecting to lose a draft pick this year. Cleveland, for example, has reportedly been working in its draft prep on the premise that they will probably lose one of their two 4th round picks this year. Cleveland is under the gun because G.M. Ray Farmer was illegally texting messages to his coaching staff during games. Farmer is also expected to be suspended for as many as four games next year. Meanwhile, Atlanta was found to be pumping noise into its stadium during games which is also a no-no. On the other hand, there still does not seem to be any timeline for resolving any sanctions against New England for the deflated football issue during the playoffs.

milkman 03-28-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11405621)
Yeah. Fair point. Honestly, you could throw a superb athlete like him into our defense and Sutton would maximize him.

Sutton had a banner year in 2014, and spun a bunch of straw into a bunch of gold. I'm a huge fan.

I think he could make do with Thompson. I'd just angle for better talent elsewhere.

Last year at this time, Bob Sutton was being villified.
People wanted him run out of town on a rail.

A year later, he's a defensive genius.

The difference between Bob Sutton 2013 and Bob Sutton 2014.

Justin Houston's health.

O.city 03-28-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11407618)

Justin Houston's health.

I don't think that's necessarily true. He seemed to change the way his coverages were run.

milkman 03-28-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11407638)
I don't think that's necessarily true. He seemed to change the way his coverages were run.

He did.

But the defense was killing it for the first 9 games of the '13 season in his that coverage scheme with Houston, and the bottom fell out when Houston was injured.

planetdoc 03-28-2015 10:11 AM

well, the chiefs now have a little insurance for this year with Dee Ford. If Houston holds out, then Dee Ford will be able to start. Having '3' pass rushing OLB insures against injury as well.

The problem arises in 2016 when Hali is a free agent, and Houston gets very expensive to franchise again.

BossChief 03-28-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Justin Houston's health.

Bingo.

The guy is gonna be a hall of famer and is definitely the kind of guy you build a whole defense around.

The Franchise 03-28-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11407638)

Possibly because he didn't have all of the players he needed.

KC native 03-28-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11406864)
No, I am not.

He's a ****ing fat **** at a mere 230 lb.

What do you think he weighs when he drops the 25 lbs. of lard that he was sporting at the Combine?

And when he's a mere 230 lbs. (albeit a doughnut eating fat mother****er at 230 lbs.), the corpulent little butterball ran a 40 that competed with the best...wait for it...offensive linemen.

He's 6'0", 31.5" arms and isn't fast. (Not to mention the 28" vertical that couldn't get his fat ass over a curb.)

Oh, and in the month he had to correct the massive shitfest he dumped all over Indianapolis to his Pro Day? He ran an absolutely BLAZING 4.8. He's ****ing slow. And small. And short. And did I say ****ing slow? He's that too.

What the **** do you think he's going to do in a 34?

You are wrong.

Saccopoo 03-28-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 11407706)
well, the chiefs now have a little insurance for this year with Dee Ford. If Houston holds out, then Dee Ford will be able to start. Having '3' pass rushing OLB insures against injury as well.

The problem arises in 2016 when Hali is a free agent, and Houston gets very expensive to franchise again.

I really wouldn't mind the Chiefs drafting Bud Dupree at #18.

There are only about four guys on the entire planet at any given time that can do what he did at the combine at his size. In the right scheme with the right coaching, he has the potential to destroy worlds.

Take him, give him the Dee Ford treatment (basically sit him for a year, run him behind Hali/Houston on second team and learn him the defense) and then decide what to do with Houston and the prodigious salary demands.

The Franchise 03-28-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11408012)
I really wouldn't mind the Chiefs drafting Bud Dupree at #18.

There are only about four guys on the entire planet at any given time that can do what he did at the combine at his size. In the right scheme with the right coaching, he has the potential to destroy worlds.

Take him, give him the Dee Ford treatment (basically sit him for a year, run him behind Hali/Houston on second team and learn him the defense) and then decide what to do with Houston and the prodigious salary demands.

Would you take him over Collins?

O.city 03-28-2015 03:24 PM

I'd take dupree, although I'm a bit worried he's more athlete than football player.

bricks 03-28-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Justin Houston's health.

A new starting safety tandem also helped improve our defense in 2014.

Ron Parker and Hussain Abdullah are much much better than Eric Berry and Kendrick Lewis with respect to coverage. I'm so happy especially that Kendrick Lewis is gone he was classic for exposing holes in our coverage.

milkman 03-28-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 11408111)
A new starting safety tandem also helped improve our defense in 2014.

Ron Parker and Hussain Abdullah are much much better than Eric Berry and Kendrick Lewis with respect to coverage. I'm so happy especially that Kendrick Lewis is gone he was classic for exposing holes in our coverage.

Yes, they are.

The liability that was Kendrick Lewis, however, still didn't stop this defense from playing at a high level before Houston was hurt in '13.

Tribal Warfare 03-28-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11408079)
Would you take him over Collins?

I would given the circumstances, and the premium of the position.