ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Draft Buzz (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291541)

redshirt32 03-27-2015 02:48 AM

Yep forgot about Mike Hull as well...

Saccopoo 03-27-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshirt32 (Post 11405858)
Jeff Luc under the radar

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...luc?id=2553101
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f.../individual/34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eepWXJywEOs

Looks in shape and seems nice lol, had six FF last year, averages about the same tackles as Ben Heeney but Ben had 88 solo tackles last year compared to 65 for Luc.

Im starting to warm up to this guy and big Ben from Kansas Ben more so, of course there is Vigil and that Mayo kid from Tex.

Chiefs should get one of these players based on there production alone or two see if they can make the final cut date.

Looking at more tape and stats on LBs there has to be diamond in the rough for LBs this year.....

Do you know who led college football in missed tackles?

Ben Heeney.

He overruns more plays than a drunk Shakespeare in a dumptruck with no brakes.

O.city 03-27-2015 04:00 PM

Dawson ran much better 40 times at his pro dag

Saccopoo 03-27-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11405666)
You are wrong.

No, I am not.

He's a ****ing fat **** at a mere 230 lb.

What do you think he weighs when he drops the 25 lbs. of lard that he was sporting at the Combine?

And when he's a mere 230 lbs. (albeit a doughnut eating fat mother****er at 230 lbs.), the corpulent little butterball ran a 40 that competed with the best...wait for it...offensive linemen.

He's 6'0", 31.5" arms and isn't fast. (Not to mention the 28" vertical that couldn't get his fat ass over a curb.)

Oh, and in the month he had to correct the massive shitfest he dumped all over Indianapolis to his Pro Day? He ran an absolutely BLAZING 4.8. He's ****ing slow. And small. And short. And did I say ****ing slow? He's that too.

What the **** do you think he's going to do in a 34?

O.city 03-27-2015 04:10 PM

What did he do on the field?

Saccopoo 03-27-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11406872)
What did he do on the field?

College versus the NFL. (And in Bumpus' scheme that allows a lot of production from the ILB position.)

He doesn't have the tools to play in the pros at the level people saw of him in college.

O.city 03-27-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11406891)
College versus the NFL. (And in Bumpus' scheme that allows a lot of production from the ILB position.)

He doesn't have the tools to play in the pros at the level people saw of him in college.

FWIW l, the same thing was said about chris Borland l, iirc.

I just hate overlooking good football players because of what they do in shorts.

Meatloaf 03-27-2015 05:05 PM

Not that he's the end-all/be-all of player evaluations, but I believe Mayock has Dawson rated as his top ILB. Doubt he's as horrid as some suggest.

BossChief 03-27-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11406894)

I just hate overlooking good football players because of what they do in shorts.

But you can get burned if you don't respect what they do in shorts because everyone in the NFL is fast.

To get on the field in the NFL... you have to show you aren't a liability, first and foremost. That will be tough given his lacking measurables.

Not too many guys like Tamba Hali (that flat out overwork you) make it...

BossChief 03-27-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11406862)
Dawson ran much better 40 times at his pro dag

Gil Brandt timed him at 4.78 and 4.82 at his pro day.

I hate to side with Sac....

O.city 03-27-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11406928)
But you can get burned if you don't respect what they do in shorts because everyone in the NFL is fast.

To get on the field in the NFL... you have to show you aren't a liability, first and foremost. That will be tough given his lacking measurables.

Not too many guys like Tamba Hali (that flat out overwork you) make it...

I just don't put as much stick into underwear olympics as I do what the guy does in pads.

Dawson was a great player on the field at Tcu. He may not translate, but you can't measure instincts etc in shorts.

BossChief 03-27-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11406937)
I just don't put as much stick into underwear olympics as I do what the guy does in pads.

Dawson was a great player on the field at Tcu. He may not translate, but you can't measure instincts etc in shorts.

Right, but good quarterbacks know when an ILB that's really slow is on the field.

He will get isolated at the next level and doesn't gave the physical tools to match up. I'd take a swing in the mid rounds on him, but not with a high pick.

Saccopoo 03-27-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11406894)

Borland outweighed Dawson by 15 pounds on a one inch shorter frame and still posted a faster Combine 40.

Sandy Vagina 03-27-2015 09:10 PM

Not worried about Dawson's range or instincts. It's his character and preparation that teams have to take the chance on. 3rd rd for me. That's the right spot for risk/reward.

Saccopoo 03-27-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 11407352)
Not worried about Dawson's range or instincts. It's his character and preparation that teams have to take the chance on. 3rd rd for me. That's the right spot for risk/reward.

For a team needing a Will backer in a 43.

He's not playing in a 34.

Period.

Jesus ****ing Christ...