ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jadeveon Clowney should lawyer up, challenge nonsensical 'three-years-out' rule (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269998)

RealSNR 02-14-2013 12:03 AM

Are people this ****ing stupid? These "no-brainer" players on defense come out every ****ing year. One's a linebacker, one's a lineman, one's a defensive back, etc.

If the dude is a once-in-10-years player but he's not a QB, chances are he's actually NOT a once-in-10-years player. How often do these special talents actually reach their full potential? Rarely ever.

I could not give any less of a shit about Jadeveon Clowney. Not until we get a real QB in town.

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 12:18 AM

Let's take a look at the no brainer defenders taken super super high in recent years:

Von Miller - awesome player. Lost to Joe Flacco because he didn't have enough impact on the game to win it.

Ndamukong Suh - LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Eric Berry - Has been completely at the mercy of Matt Cassel.

Chris Long - Swallowed by the St. Louis Sarlacc, where he will learn a new definition of pain and suffering over a thousand years.

Glenn Dorsey - welp.

Mario Williams - Changed a shitty defense into a shitty defense with an expensive DE.

Julius Peppers - Legitimately a great player who played on several good teams and probably had a bigger impact on the team than Jake Delhomme. Never won a SB because he had a bigger impact on the team than Jake Delhomme.

Courtney Brown - Taco John's bane. Played on TWO winning teams, one which was the team that traded for him.

LaVar Arrington - Claim to fame was making Troy Aikman's brain bleed. Played on ONE winning team.

Andre Wadsworth - I think he was touted as another can't miss guy but my memory gets fuzzy here. But I know he was terrible.

Charles Woodson - A probable hall of fame CB who should thank his lucky stars he teamed up with Aaron Rodgers to win a Super Bowl. Also teamed up with another HOF QB to get his ass beat in the SB.

Dan Wilkinson - You're a pretty BAMF if you're the #1 pick and a DT. I mean you must be like six Tyson Jacksons put together. It sure helped the Bengals.

Steve Emtman - Who the **** is Steve Emtman, man?

Titty Meat 02-14-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9401704)
If we can give Hali and Houston some breathers, that could really make us a championship team.

Your opinion on draft prospects means literally nothing. Again you don't even watch college football and all we need to do is pull up your comments from the 2011 draft to remind us that you are a blowhard.

AussieChiefsFan 02-14-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9401786)
Your opinion on draft prospects means literally nothing. Again you don't even watch college football and all we need to do is pull up your comments from the 2011 draft to remind us that you are a blowhard.

:spock:

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9401786)

Literally everyone here was jizzing their shorts over the 2011 draft. I do watch college football (a long time ago I didn't, but whatever, that doesn't mean shit now).

If you think taking a ****ing DE over a potential franchise QB is the answer for this team you are as dumb as Barry. Jadaveon Clowney is a nice young man with superior athletic skills who moves us NO CLOSER to a Super Bowl until we have a QB.

KCrockaholic 02-14-2013 12:24 AM

Clowney probably turns out be a star with potential to be like Peppers. That means nothing to me unless he can play QB.

Titty Meat 02-14-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9401789)
Literally everyone here was jizzing their shorts over the 2011 draft. I do watch college football (a long time ago I didn't, but whatever, that doesn't mean shit now).

If you think taking a ****ing DE over a potential franchise QB is the answer for this team you are as dumb as Barry. Jadaveon Clowney is a nice young man with superior athletic skills who moves us NO CLOSER to a Super Bowl until we have a QB.

Or you can get both in the same draft.

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9401794)
Or you can get both in the same draft.

Oh, yeah. Because that would totally happen in the 2nd round for us. Play those low odds!

Titty Meat 02-14-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9401797)
Oh, yeah. Because that would totally happen in the 2nd round for us. Play those low odds!

lol it has to be in the 2nd round? Teams can't trade up? This coach staff has proven they can't develop a QB?

Get real. This is Geno nut hugging at it's finest.

Titty Meat 02-14-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9401797)

lol it has to be in the 2nd round? Teams can't trade up? This coaching staff has proven they can't develop a QB?

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 12:52 AM

Now we're going to trade UP for one of these shitty non-Geno QBs? I've heard it all.

RealSNR 02-14-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9401804)
lol it has to be in the 2nd round? Teams can't trade up? This coaching staff has proven they can't develop a QB?

This coaching staff can develop a QB until the good ones are gone.

How is Kansas City supposed to know when teams in the first round start to get scared and begin picking guys? What if we took Clowney in this alternate universe where he's draft eligible, and all the QB needy teams in the top 10 panicked? Do we spend out the ass to get back into the top 10 so we can get the Wilson/Barkley leftovers, or do we hope they fall a bit further?

If the answer is "wait for Nassib or Glennon" then **** you and **** Clowney.

Titty Meat 02-14-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9401805)
Now we're going to trade UP for one of these shitty non-Geno QBs? I've heard it all.

Barkley will prove you wrong

Easy 6 02-14-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9401102)
Not going to read alla that.

Aint got time

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9401789)

Super Bowl?

ROFL

This is going to be a fun Spring.

Super Bowl.

ROFL