ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

-King- 02-04-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9379180)
And often guys change based on their environments. Dwight is one of the few who seemingly can't, but maybe things will click in for him someday.

At Kentucky, for example, Cousins was far more disciplined than he is now under Calipari (Cal seems to have a knack for managing egos...in fact, it may be his best quality as a college HC) and led that team to a 35-3 record and a E8 appearance. Now that he's a pro on a terrible team with a rookie head coach, he's acting out because there are simply no consequences to his actions. He knows he's their best player/most important piece and he knows he's got his guaranteed money. They can't really do anything to him even if they wanted to...they don't want to damage his value both to them and throughout the league.

Put him in a situation where his PT is on the line in a place where winning actually matters with some respected players/coaches and I think you'll find he might change. Of course, we may be years away from that happening.

And I think this is all part of his plan to get traded quicker. Didn't he request a trade last year?

KC_Connection 02-05-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9379201)
And I think this is all part of his plan to get traded quicker. Didn't he request a trade last year?

Sounds right. There were rumors about something like that.

mcaj22 02-05-2013 12:06 AM

thing about Cousins is interesting because he still goes out and bangs/produces and is like top four in the league in double doubles pts/boards this season

so its not like the guy is a total ****. the dude does go out and does his job well, but his team is such a pile of shit, and the dude came from kentucky and was brainwashed into being spoiled/winning as given/gift rather than earned privilege

but Cousins is still really good

mcaj22 02-05-2013 12:09 AM

and I mean Cousins isnt doing anything different than a young Zack Randolph once did or a Sheed Wallace, or what Josh Smith is doing on the Hawks, Andray Blatche on the Wizards,

i mean Kevin Love has even thrown some fits this season and stepped on a ****ing guy for goodness sake.

I'd take Cousins over most of them.

KC_Connection 02-05-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9379216)
and I mean Cousins isnt doing anything different than a young Zack Randolph once did or a Sheed Wallace, or what Josh Smith is doing on the Hawks, Andray Blatche on the Wizards,

i mean Kevin Love has even thrown some fits this season and stepped on a ****ing guy for goodness sake.

Yeah, Rasheed and Randolph are definitely good examples of players that became very productive pieces of good/great teams after they got a bit older and moved on to different organizations that placed more of an emphasis on winning. Cousins could have a similar impact down the line for somebody because he's honestly more talented than both of those two.

mcaj22 02-05-2013 12:22 AM

he will definitely land on a winning team in his 2nd or 3rd contract and be praised in his early thirties for maturing. happens to a lot of guys. they get old, they lose their knees and realize they can make a living on the low block being a rebounder and passer.

kevin garnett was a huge turd in minnesota and now the guy is just old. he's still kind of a turd but hes an old knows his role on a winning team turd.

AdumbGuy 02-05-2013 12:59 AM

Lebron shot 93% from the field en route to 31 points, 8 boards, and 8 assists. Lebron = Robot.

I don't think Cousins becomes Sheed 2.0, simply because sheed was remarkably athletic as well as hilarious. Zach Randolph 2.0 is much more likely.

Andre Drummond is a beast. Last time I saw that much agility and quickness at that size: shaq.

kcxiv 02-05-2013 08:46 PM

Geezus Kobe just did a monster dunk on Humprhies and Gerald Wallace...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cnx2mV9VH4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...K_original.gif

Al Bundy 02-05-2013 09:28 PM

Uhhhmmm the Warriors got rolled hard tonight in Houston.

RealSNR 02-05-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9379216)

Cousins over Randolph/Love/Smith/Wallace (when he was younger)?

Ummmmmmmmm kay

KC_Connection 02-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9381371)
Cousins over Randolph/Love/Smith/Wallace (when he was younger)?

Ummmmmmmmm kay

Cousins' first three years are better than Smith's first three years and pretty comparable to Randolph and Sheed's first three years. I'd put Love on a different level.

-King- 02-06-2013 01:54 PM

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...01501133_n.jpg

BWillie 02-06-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9381385)
Cousins' first three years are better than Smith's first three years and pretty comparable to Randolph and Sheed's first three years. I'd put Love on a different level.

I'm not very high on Cousins. I don't really think he helps his team too much. He shoots 43% from the field as a Big Man, and he doesn't even shoot any threes. Sure, he's got a ton of talent. But he's selfish with a horrible attitude. He's really a below average post defender despite his size and also doesn't really block shots. I don't think he will ever be a top player in the league. He may even flame out before he's 30.

GoChargers 02-06-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9381361)
Uhhhmmm the Warriors got rolled hard tonight in Houston.

Now they know how it feels for other teams to play against them when Steph Curry is en fuego.

RealSNR 02-06-2013 09:53 PM

Wolves/Spurs on ESPN now.

Wolves are pretty much out of the playoff race if they don't get their shit together soon.

Go Wolves. Please. :deevee: