ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games What do you know about Twitch? (the streaming site) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315027)

TinyEvel 04-20-2018 01:54 PM

What do you know about Twitch? (the streaming site)

Twitch.tv

Do you spend time on it? Do you stream on it? What's good about it? How do I find the right people to follow, channels, etc? What's a threat to it?

Looking for current users or streamers or people who used to watch stuff on there and just wondering what the good/bad/ugly of it is.

kcxiv 04-20-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 13525136)
Twitch.tv

Do you spend time on it? Do you stream on it? What's good about it? How do I find the right people to follow, channels, etc? What's a threat to it?

Looking for current users or streamers or people who used to watch stuff on there and just wondering what the good/bad/ugly of it is.

Drdisrespect and CDNthe3rd. If you want to see really high level fps gaming then you tune into Shroud.

Them are the guys i watch if i watch it

Molitoth 04-20-2018 02:38 PM

It's nice to watch Elite gamers streams to figure out what the best tactics/strategies are.
Basically just watch and learn...

BWillie 04-20-2018 03:17 PM

Bunch of ****ing poker nerds stream on twitch. Thought about doing it but it's such a pain in the ass. Seems like a chore.

kcxiv 04-20-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13525253)
Bunch of ****ing poker nerds stream on twitch. Thought about doing it but it's such a pain in the ass. Seems like a chore.

Streaming is super easy now days, download OBS and it pretty much does most of the work for you now. plus they have really easy tutorials on how to stream. NOw if you want to get all fancy and have graphics like a football game, then yeah, its a bit more of a pain in the ass, but just basic streaming, super easy.

Clyde Frog 04-20-2018 05:02 PM

Used to be all video games now its like public access with "IRL" streams. If you want to watch FPS or fighting games then stick to the male streamers, if you want to learn elite level tactics and gameplay. Most of the "Titty" streamers are garbage and build their brand off of 12 year olds with daddy's credit card. Buck's turned me on to some amazing gamers with legitimately quality streams.

I stream but its 99% for my buddies when someone challenges me to a 1v1 match in any game. I relate challenging someone to a 1v1 as the gamer nerd equivalent to "Come at me bro".

BWillie 04-20-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13525362)
Streaming is super easy now days, download OBS and it pretty much does most of the work for you now. plus they have really easy tutorials on how to stream. NOw if you want to get all fancy and have graphics like a football game, then yeah, its a bit more of a pain in the ass, but just basic streaming, super easy.

I'm just talking about interacting with people constantly when you are playing video games, poker etc. I don't like people.

Rausch 04-21-2018 11:34 AM

I know my brother is a whore for FPS streamers. He's got a thing going.

Good for him...:)

kcxiv 04-21-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13525428)
I'm just talking about interacting with people constantly when you are playing video games, poker etc. I don't like people.

lol yeah, but if you can get a following, its worth it. some of them top streamers make hundreds of thousands of dollars a MONTH! lol

New World Order 04-21-2018 02:26 PM

I like to watch old school NES games.

kcx what are you playing now?

kcxiv 04-21-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13526186)
I like to watch old school NES games.

kcx what are you playing now?

4 games i play are

Rocket League
PUBG
Fortnite
Overwatch

its the main 4 games i mess with these days

hometeam 04-21-2018 08:40 PM

What kind of info are you looking for? I have been watching it heavily since it was Justin.tv~ I watch twitch more than I watch all other forms of entertainment combined. Have streamed a bunch in the past, Buck has streamed some too.

I just sort by games and poke through and watch streams, follow and unfollow as needed etc.

There are some great streamers out there but I tend to only interact in smaller streams, big streams I just kind of watch. SOme of my Favorites in no particuloar order..

SherriffEli - started as a GTA V RPer and has branched out to variety streamer
Bikeman - Awesome variety streamer
Lirik - Largest and very good variety streamer
TigerWriter - Variety, but heavy GTA V Roleplay
Timmac - GTA V RP
GoatyTV - FPS streamer that sprinkeles in some retro
AngryJoeShow - Angry Joe from youtube fame, awesome streamer, variety, critic
DrDisRespectLIVE - FPS stramers
LinusTech - Linus from youtube, has a show once a week called the WAN show, great tech show
Shroud - Godlike FPS streamer
imfasterthanya (tyreek hill) - Streams fortnite and is pretty damn good at it
flightconley (Ch ris Conley) - Plays fortnite with Tyreek, better streamer, but less skilled than cheetah~
NrageGaming - A streaming Couple, they mostly play WoW but dabble in other games. Nice community chat

and my very favorite streamer actually streams on microsoft's MIXER Streaming service

BrilliantBuffoons - This man plays drums, by ear, to viewer requests, awesome stream and community, watch almost every night.