ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

R8RFAN 02-20-2013 03:55 PM

Looks like an Assault Weapon to me... LMAO

dred 02-20-2013 03:56 PM

I've actually been toying with the idea of getting a tactical shotgun.

How much would you say you have in something like what you have, CrazyPhuD?

Frazod 02-20-2013 04:07 PM

We've been invaded by the grammar police LMAO

WV 02-20-2013 04:17 PM

First time I'd heard about this was today...great idea.

Virginia Beach pizza shop owner shows support for gun rights by giving gun owners a discount

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — A Virginia Beach pizza shop owner is showing his support for firearm rights by giving gun owners a 15 percent discount.

The discount is given to anyone who brings a gun or concealed handgun permit to All Around Pizzas and Deli.

Owner Jay Laze tells news media outlets that he’d planned on offering the discount for a limited time. But he says the response has been overwhelming and he might make it permanent.

Since the discount began last Friday, Laze says 80 percent of his customers have brought guns into the pizza shop. He says one customer came in with an AK-47.

Laze is a gun owner and says he’s always been a supporter of the right to carry firearms.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

pr_capone 02-20-2013 05:09 PM

All the metal has been scrubbed as is now as clean as it is going to get. now I have to clean cosmoline out of the bottom of the bath tub. YAY!

Munson 02-20-2013 05:13 PM

It's been another good week. I received 1,200 rounds of 7.62 x 39. That makes 2,700 rounds ever since the panic started.

Now I need to find a good AK to go with my SKS. But the pickings are slim and prices have gone up dramatically in the last couple months.

notorious 02-20-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9419751)
First time I'd heard about this was today...great idea.

Virginia Beach pizza shop owner shows support for gun rights by giving gun owners a discount

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — A Virginia Beach pizza shop owner is showing his support for firearm rights by giving gun owners a 15 percent discount.

The discount is given to anyone who brings a gun or concealed handgun permit to All Around Pizzas and Deli.

Owner Jay Laze tells news media outlets that he’d planned on offering the discount for a limited time. But he says the response has been overwhelming and he might make it permanent.

Since the discount began last Friday, Laze says 80 percent of his customers have brought guns into the pizza shop. He says one customer came in with an AK-47.

Laze is a gun owner and says he’s always been a supporter of the right to carry firearms.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

He isn't going to get robbed. ROFL

pr_capone 02-20-2013 06:31 PM

Finally got the Mosin all cleaned up.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...85815878_o.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...61933219_o.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...99619897_o.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...06022778_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...87600651_n.jpg

CrazyPhuD 02-20-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9419679)
I've actually been toying with the idea of getting a tactical shotgun.

How much would you say you have in something like what you have, CrazyPhuD?

So part of it depends upon what you want. The best deal as a combination of features and reliability pre insanity was the VEPR-12. I tend to go for original configurations the way it was designed or at least the closest I can get to it with 922 issues.

Right now for my Vepr-12 I have the following invested and I haven't even started installing/getting all the bits.

$999 for the base VEPR-12
$90 for a US copy of the Molot competition muzzle brake
$100 for the Molot metal competition magwell
$350 for an original VEPR-12 folding stock on order
$125 for russian railed gasblock(they mill off the rail on the gasblock because it's not 'sporting' for import)
$400 5 8 round Izhmash factory magwell mags(they may US SGM ones now for cheaper)

Right now the only thing that's installed is the muzzle break. so
$$$+ for receiver mods for folding stock(mostly just a couple holes need drilling, but I'll probably have an experienced builder do it).
+money for 922 compliance parts so I can put on the folding stock.

Really your only sunk cost is the $999 for the base gun. I go for original parts as much as 922 allows me to because I want it to be like it was designed. If you want to customize it to look how you want it can go much cheaper. I go more for original russian, that's still functional rather than just tactical. For instance many europeans convert the VEPR-12 to use a folding M4 style stock for 3-gun rather than the original VEPR one. I still need to find the ambi-safety but that's a hard part to find. Some of my parts run more because it's fairly difficult to get the originals.

This shows the stock and the gas block rail(but not the brake or the magwell).

http://www.shotgunnews.com/files/2011/11/01.jpg

My magwell saiga-12 ran more but that was before the VEPRs came in country it was ~1500 fully converted. It's parts to convert it back to the way it was supposed to be are about the same as the VEPR costs. The mags I have I originally bought for the saiga-12 magwell but I want to pick up 10 round Molot mags if they bring them to the states.

Here's a recent Vid from russia that show's one of Molot's factory 3-gun builds....but we'll never see it here because it's not a 'sporting' gun.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TdqrwFhOHtU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dred 02-20-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9419880)
All the metal has been scrubbed as is now as clean as it is going to get. now I have to clean cosmoline out of the bottom of the bath tub. YAY!

I know cleaning all of the cosmoline off is a royal pain in the ass, but after seeing my buddy's slam fire a couple months ago... well, make sure you clean the shit out of that trigger group is all I am going to say.

:toast:

MOhillbilly 02-20-2013 08:38 PM

Ten dudes in the feed store and all of em talkin guns.

dred 02-20-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9420336)
So part of it depends upon what you want. The best deal as a combination of features and reliability pre insanity was the VEPR-12. I tend to go for original configurations the way it was designed or at least the closest I can get to it with 922 issues.

Right now for my Vepr-12 I have the following invested and I haven't even started installing/getting all the bits.

$999 for the base VEPR-12
$90 for a US copy of the Molot competition muzzle brake
$100 for the Molot metal competition magwell
$350 for an original VEPR-12 folding stock on order
$125 for russian railed gasblock(they mill off the rail on the gasblock because it's not 'sporting' for import)
$400 5 8 round Izhmash factory magwell mags(they may US SGM ones now for cheaper)

That actually isn't as bad as I was thinking it might be.

Definitely will be a badass project that will be worth all of the trouble when it's all said and done. :thumb:

I have been looking at Benelli M4's or possibly a good ole Spas-12. Not sure the extent to which you can mod them though.

It sounds like you have done quite a bit of homework on your project.

I definitely need to find out more about tactical 12's before I go balls deep on a shotgun project.

Frazod 02-20-2013 11:52 PM

Spent a good chunk of the evening reloading - I now have about 150 freshly minted rounds of 9mm that I made myself. Meticulous work, but fun. My buddy is uber anal, and since we're dealing with stuff that could blow up, I don't mind. We barrel-tested and measured every round. Biggest problem so far is the goddamn .380 brass mixed in with the 9mm - almost impossible to pick out until you realize the bullet seats too easily. Probably had about 25 or 30 of them mixed in with the 300 or so rounds we made up.

HonestChieffan 02-21-2013 09:48 PM

If you enjoy history and WW2 history you shold get this book

We Lucky Few

Awesome stories from WW2 survivors all from SEIowa

Brother bought it for me and I cant put it down

Real living history that will soon be gone

ISBN 978-1-929919-49-9

Stewie 02-23-2013 07:12 AM

This is a list of companies that have taken the step to publicly announce that they will not sell items to states, counties, cities, and municipalities that restrict their citizens rights to own them; therefore closing the "police loophole" themselves.

Don't see one that belongs on here or want your company on the list? Send me an email at admin@thepoliceloophole.com with "Loophole" in the subject. Please also include a link to the written policy either on Facebook or your website. I cannot host policies on this site.

Extreme Firepower Inc, LLC www.extremefirepower.com
Cheaper Than Dirt www.cheaperthandirt.com
MidwayUSA www.midwayusa.com
Old Grouch's Military Surplus www.oldgrouch.com
Predator Intelligence www.predatorarmament.com
LaRue Tactical www.laruetactical.com
Olympic Arms www.olyarms.com Currently applies to New York State only
Templar Custom www.templarcustom.com Currently applies to New York State only
York Arms www.yorkarms.com Currently applies to New York State only
Bullwater Enterprises LLC www.aandtfirearms.com
West Fork Armory www.westforkarmory.com Currently applies to New York State only
Smith Enterprise, Inc www.smithenterprise.com Currently applies to New York State only
Alex Arms www.alexarms.com
OFA Tactical www.ochsnergroup.com
Spike's Tactical www.spikestactical.com
Quality Arms Idaho www.qualityarmsidaho.com
Liberty Suppressors www.libertycans.net Currently applies to New York State only
Doublestar Corp www.star15.com
American Spirit Arms www.americanspiritarms.com
Tactical Solutions www.tacticalsol.com Website Currently applies to New York State only
Head Down Products, LLC www.headdownproducts.com Currently applies to New York State only
Exile Machine www.exilemachine.net
J&G Sales, Ltd www.jgsales.com
Bravo Company USA www.bravocompanyusa.com
ACE LTD. www.riflestocks.com
Barrett www.barrett.net
Kiss Tactical www.kisstactical.com
NEMO Arms, Inc www.nemoarms.com Currently applies to New York State only
Top Gun Supply www.topgunsupply.com
Red Jacket Firearms www.redjacketfirearms.com
Badger Peak www.badgerpeak.com
Controlled Chaos Arms www.controlledchaosarms.com
Big Horn Armory www.bighornarmory.com
One Source Tactical www.onesourcetactical.com
CMMG www.cmmginc.com
SRT Arms www.srtarms.com
Norton Firearms www.nortonfirearms.com

http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

petegz28 02-24-2013 08:03 AM

30-rd AR Mags IN STOCK at Cabela's. Grabbed 2 yesterday myself.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/DH-In...12&WT.tsrc=AFF

Munson 02-24-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9427689)
This is a list of companies that have taken the step to publicly announce that they will not sell items to states, counties, cities, and municipalities that restrict their citizens rights to own them; therefore closing the "police loophole" themselves.http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

Nice. But I'd like to see more big time gun makers like Colt, S & W, Ruger, Remington, and Glock join in.

RaiderH8r 02-24-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9430978)
Nice. But I'd like to see more big time gun makers like Colt, S & W, Ruger, Remington, and Glock join in.

Yes.

LiveSteam 02-24-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9420507)
I know cleaning all of the cosmoline off is a royal pain in the ass, but after seeing my buddy's slam fire a couple months ago... well, make sure you clean the shit out of that trigger group is all I am going to say.

:toast:

Sounds like the old turn a popcan into shims to make a homemade trigger job. It works on 91/30s & M44s but to thick of shim & the trigger sear wont catch.

Bwana 02-24-2013 04:23 PM

Anyone need any AK rounds? This just went live.

http://www.venturamunitions.com/wolf...o-1000-rounds/

R8RFAN 02-24-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9432936)
Anyone need any AK rounds? This just went live.

http://www.venturamunitions.com/wolf...o-1000-rounds/

Better price here

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...dir=18|830|852

Bwana 02-24-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9432959)

Nice. I got home from vacation last night and had 400 AR rounds waiting for me from Cabela's. :) I got them for $8.99 per box of 20. It was like freaking Christmas. I'm still hunting around for some more AR ammo at a decent price as well.

CrazyPhuD 02-24-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9430978)

Well they may not not sell to LEOs yet but if they start moving out of prohibited states it will start to have an impact!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...rol-proposals/

notorious 02-25-2013 06:13 AM

It blows my mind that the government can specifically "exempt" companies from their policies.

"We just made this law, but you, you, and you don't have to abide by it since you bring millions to the state."

I wish Beretta would just tell them to go **** themselves, but I also understand how much it would cost them to leave.

WV 02-25-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9432987)
Nice. I got home from vacation last night and had 400 AR rounds waiting for me from Cabela's. :) I got them for $8.99 per box of 20. It was like freaking Christmas. I'm still hunting around for some more AR ammo at a decent price as well.

How long ago did you order those?

unlurking 02-25-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9435732)
It blows my mind that the government can specifically "exempt" companies from their policies.

"We just made this law, but you, you, and you don't have to abide by it since you bring millions to the state."

I wish Beretta would just tell them to go **** themselves, but I also understand how much it would cost them to leave.

Maybe we can start a kickstarter style campaign. I'll promise to buy a gun from them the day they close their doors in MD. Considering they already moved their wharehouse ops to VA according the article, maybe they can get some tax relief from VA to move the rest of their ops.

Frazod 02-25-2013 10:55 AM

Went to the range on Saturday - test fired our home-made ammo for the first time. My buddy has an old Browning 9mm that didn't seem to care for it, but all my pistols took it okay. I did have an ejection problem with my new S&W, but I don't think it's ammo related - off to the gunsmith with that one. :grr:

However, I did fire my recently tricked-out XDm for the first time. Holy crap - it's like a completely different pistol now. Trigger is great, accuracy/grouping much better, I couldn't be happier with it. :thumb:

Munson 02-25-2013 01:44 PM

Golden Tiger 7.62 x 39 in stock for now. Get it quick!

1,000 rounds for $279.50

or

200 rounds for $59.99

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammunition/762x39

EDIT: They also have a small amount of 5.56 in stock.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/prvi-p...packs-customer

verbaljitsu 02-25-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9436204)
Went to the range on Saturday - test fired our home-made ammo for the first time. My buddy has an old Browning 9mm that didn't seem to care for it, but all my pistols took it okay. I did have an ejection problem with my new S&W, but I don't think it's ammo related - off to the gunsmith with that one. :grr:

However, I did fire my recently tricked-out XDm for the first time. Holy crap - it's like a completely different pistol now. Trigger is great, accuracy/grouping much better, I couldn't be happier with it. :thumb:

The thing that new reloaders tend to screw up most often is the crimp. A bad crimp can affect extraction, as can an underpowered charge.

I would fire a box of factory ammo through it before I took it to the gunsmith, especially since the Hi Power wasn't fond of it either.

Frazod 02-25-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verbaljitsu (Post 9436815)
The thing that new reloaders tend to screw up most often is the crimp. A bad crimp can affect extraction, as can an underpowered charge.

I would fire a box of factory ammo through it before I took it to the gunsmith, especially since the Hi Power wasn't fond of it either.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I was running out of time when that happened, so I didn't try any factory ammo.

CrazyPhuD 02-25-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verbaljitsu (Post 9436815)

That would have been my initial guess especially if this is a reloader first time. Most people are and frankly should be conservative and use too little powder when they start. Hell if you use too little powder your gun might not cycle....use too much and your gun might explode!

Nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution(hell it's something every gun owner should do a bit naturally). But yea if the factory ammo doesn't work you might have an issue. Reloaded there is just too many variances in ammo to be sure.

verbaljitsu 02-25-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9436891)
That would have been my initial guess especially if this is a reloader first time. Most people are and frankly should be conservative and use too little powder when they start. Hell if you use too little powder your gun might not cycle....use too much and your gun might explode!

Nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution(hell it's something every gun owner should do a bit naturally). But yea if the factory ammo doesn't work you might have an issue. Reloaded there is just too many variances in ammo to be sure.

I largely agree with you, but I would caution that under some circumstances too little powder is worse than too much. Too little or no powder can lead to squib loads and that is bad. Guns now days are built tough, they are proofed with overcharged rounds. Most of them handle overcharges (though I wouldn't be trying to do it all the time). However, a squib round stuck in the barrel will ruin your day if you fire another shot.

It is important to remember you are operating within a number of bands. A powder band, a length band, and an overarching pressure band which will be affected by powder, length, crimp, and bullet design all at once.

Reloading is fun because it is a mini-science adventure working up loads that work for your guns. Small changes can have a noticeable impact.

Bwana 02-25-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9436091)
How long ago did you order those?

2/12/2013

WV 02-25-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9436974)
2/12/2013

That's pretty awesome, I haven't seen any .223 rounds in stock online for a good while.

Bwana 02-25-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9437046)
That's pretty awesome, I haven't seen any .223 rounds in stock online for a good while.

It's really hit and miss.

Munson 02-25-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9437046)

Here's some 5.56...

There are several places with .223/5.56 in stock, but they're charging $1/round or more.

WV 02-25-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9437155)
Here's some 5.56...

There are several places with .223/5.56 in stock, but they're charging $1/round or more.

I refuse to feed the beast and pay $1 a round, I don't need it that badly.

Bwana 02-25-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9437473)
I refuse to feed the beast and pay $1 a round, I don't need it that badly.

Likewise:

Bookmark this link. http://www.gunbot.net/

pr_capone 02-25-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9437505)
Likewise:

Bookmark this link. http://www.gunbot.net/

I like this one better

http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo

Bwana 02-25-2013 07:17 PM

TulAmmo Ammunition 7.62x39mm 122 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point (Bi-Metal) Steel Case Berdan Primed Military Sealed Tin of 640 (32 Boxes of 20)
$170.99 - LIMIT ONE

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/42...32-boxes-of-20

AND:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/113...la=ProductDesc

CrazyPhuD 02-25-2013 09:19 PM

LOL at a risk of making this political..this is just too hilarious to share in DC....Makes me want to move to Wyoming.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ry-in-schools/

notorious 02-25-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9438506)
LOL at a risk of making this political..this is just too hilarious to share in DC....Makes me want to move to Wyoming.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ry-in-schools/

ROFL

"If you don't like our political atmosphere, by all means, leave."

That's ****ing awesome. He is never going to get the vote from a person like that, so **** em'.

kepp 02-26-2013 04:44 PM

I finally got shipping confirmation for the pmags I ordered in mid-December.

petegz28 02-26-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9442075)

From where? When did you order them?

R8RFAN 02-26-2013 04:56 PM

http://thumbnails107.imagebam.com/23...3239467593.jpg

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/a...b7c16fff6.html

kepp 02-26-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9442086)
From where? When did you order them?

botach.com - I ordered them 12/18/2012

Munson 02-26-2013 05:52 PM

Wolf steel cased .223 in stock at Atlantic Firearms.

$399 for 1,000 rounds.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

pr_capone 02-26-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9442354)

$399 for 1,000 rounds.

THANKS!!!

Got it for 424 including shipping. As soon as I get a confirmation email, I will cancel my order for the other 1k I had purchased.

You saved me a solid $100 from a previously placed order. REP to you sir!

Munson 02-26-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9442387)
THANKS!!!

Got it for 424 including shipping. As soon as I get a confirmation email, I will cancel my order for the other 1k I had purchased.

You saved me a solid $100 from a previously placed order. REP to you sir!

Your welcome. :thumb:

I'd get some myself, but I'm stocking up on all things AK.

R8RFAN 02-26-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9442453)
Your welcome. :thumb:

I'd get some myself, but I'm stocking up on all things AK.

Me too :thumb: keep posting

Bwana 02-26-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9442075)

I had 10 show up yesterday.

Bwana 02-26-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9442354)

$399 for 1,000 rounds.

Boom banged an extra 1k myself. I had picked up a deal on another 1k this morning from another out fit. Building a nice little armory. ;)

LiveSteam 02-26-2013 07:28 PM

Guys asking $250.00 OBO for this 54 cal assault rifle. I offered two hundred. I hope he takes it.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...85754465_n.jpg

Just in case I wanna hunt grizz someday :p

unlurking 02-26-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

The product "Wolf .223 AR15 Rifle Ammo 1000 Round Case" has been sold out just now, please remove it from the cart.
:(

Thanks anyway!

EDIT:
Nevermind, forgot to enter my birthdate in the box! Order placed! Thanks!

Bwana 02-26-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9442726)
:(

Thanks anyway!

EDIT:
Nevermind, forgot to enter my birthdate in the box! Order placed! Thanks!

Just keep a window open here http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/223-556/

and keep some volume on. Everytime a deal pops up you get a beep. It doesn't get them all, but you can pick up some deals. another place to keep open and checking all the time is this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/59....html&page=410

unlurking 02-26-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9442779)
Just keep a window open here http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/223-556/

and keep some volume on. Everytime a deal pops up you get a beep. It doesn't get them all, but you can pick up some deals. another place to keep open and checking all the time is this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/59....html&page=410

Thank you sir!

WV 02-26-2013 09:14 PM

Damnit...didn't see this in time.

Bwana 02-26-2013 10:07 PM

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/133875/liberty-halo-point-civil-defense-ammunition-9mm-luger-p-50-grain-fragmenting-hollow-point-lead-free-box-of-20

Liberty Halo-Point Civil Defense Ammunition 9mm Luger +P 50 Grain Fragmenting Hollow Point Lead-Free Box of 20
$23.99

A Salt Weapon 02-27-2013 12:14 AM

Jeez guys, you're happy about paying $400+ for a case of wolf?

C'mon, that's twice the price of normal and 3-4 times what it's actually worth . If you don't have any at all that's one thing but the stuff is going to be cheap again as soon as people quit paying that for it.

Buy low, sell high. This is not the time to be buying right now. No one is stopping ammunition sales, save you money and buy in bulk when the price goes down.
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone 02-27-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9443714)

C'mon, that's twice the price of normal and 3-4 times what it's actually worth . If you don't have any at all that's one thing but the stuff is going to be cheap again as soon as people quit paying that for it.

Buy low, sell high. This is not the time to be buying right now. No one is stopping ammunition sales, save you money and buy in bulk when the price goes down.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is the cheapest I've seen any .223. I was gonna pay $100 more for 1k 5.56 in brass. I'd rather pocket the $100 and put it towards the Swiss K31 I'm considering.

unlurking 02-27-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Been saying the same for 3 ****ing months now. I ran out of 223 plinking rounds. This was the cheapest I've seen.

Prices were supposed to have dropped already. Instead, the anti-gun nuts and the federal LEO are keeping it high.

Hopefully in another 3 months I can get better deals, but until then, I need something to shoot.

notorious 02-27-2013 08:23 AM

It's actually a good thing that it's winter. I would be shooting up my stock right now if it was warm outside.

Just 5000 more 69 grain Custom Comps and I will be happy for the summer. I can get 77's but my father's bull barrel is only a 1:9, and I want him to join me.

A Salt Weapon 02-27-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9443911)
Prices were supposed to have dropped already. Instead, the anti-gun nuts and the federal LEO are keeping it high.
Hopefully in another 3 months I can get better deals, but until then, I need something to shoot.

Prices won't drop until people stop paying them. When inventory starts stacking up that's when the prices will drop. No business is going to lower prices when they can't build up inventory, and everything they get is sold out within 15 minutes.

A lot of people went full-reerun this time around, a lot of money was made or spent.
Shoot up .22lr in the meantime, you can get a drop in conversion for <$200 and shoot for less than $.04 a shot. Or keep buying high, doesn't really matter to me, ammo prices will drop again and when they do, that is the time to buy. Buy huge quantities cheap and the next time everyone else goes crazy either sell or wait it out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod 02-27-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

This. I'm not running that shit through my AR.

unlurking 02-27-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9444279)
Prices won't drop until people stop paying them. When inventory starts stacking up that's when the prices will drop. No business is going to lower prices when they can't build up inventory, and everything they get is sold out within 15 minutes.

A lot of people went full-reerun this time around, a lot of money was made or spent.
Shoot up .22lr in the meantime, you can get a drop in conversion for <$200 and shoot for less than $.04 a shot. Or keep buying high, doesn't really matter to me, ammo prices will drop again and when they do, that is the time to buy. Buy huge quantities cheap and the next time everyone else goes crazy either sell or wait it out.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree, but this is my first ammo purchase since summer. I literally have 21 rounds of 223 left.

A Salt Weapon 02-27-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9445194)
This. I'm not running that shit through my AR.

I think you misunderstood my post, there is nothing wrong with Wolf, Silver Bear, Brown Bear ammunition. I'd stay away from the Tula crap personally.

I've shot 10,000+ rounds of Wolf/Silver Bear, and never had a problem. Actually I had one, one day shooting and going back and forth between brass and steel all day, I had a steel case stick in the chamber during extracting. 5 seconds with a cleaning rod and I was back to shooting.
This is a common thing if you go back and forth without some cleaning.

I buy Wolf for less than $200/1000 and will typically buy 5-10 cases at a time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana 02-27-2013 04:31 PM

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...can&groupid=21

ADI 5.56/.223 62grn FMJ 900rd can $449.95

LIMIT 900rds (1 Can) PER CUSTOMER.*
*Orders in excess of limit will be canceled.

Frazod 02-27-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9445554)
I think you misunderstood my post, there is nothing wrong with Wolf, Silver Bear, Brown Bear ammunition. I'd stay away from the Tula crap personally.

I've shot 10,000+ rounds of Wolf/Silver Bear, and never had a problem. Actually I had one, one day shooting and going back and forth between brass and steel all day, I had a steel case stick in the chamber during extracting. 5 seconds with a cleaning rod and I was back to shooting.
This is a common thing if you go back and forth without some cleaning.

I buy Wolf for less than $200/1000 and will typically buy 5-10 cases at a time.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess I did. Personally, I'm very leery of foreign ammo when it comes to the AR. The AK, OTOH, that's what it's made for.

Bwana 02-27-2013 06:46 PM

http://www.jgsales.com/7.62x39-tulam...e.-p-6651.html

ghak99 02-27-2013 09:27 PM

From Magpuls Facebook page...

Quote:

Magpul Industries

We are proud to announce that within a matter of days we will be going live with a new program. Due to a bill currently moving through the Colorado legislature, there is the possibility that Colorado residents' ability to purchase standard capacity magazines will soon be infringed. Before that happens, and Magpul is forced to leave the state in order to keep to our principles, we will be doing our best to get standard capacity PMAGs into the hands of any Colorado resident that wants them.

Verified Colorado residents will be able to purchase up to ten (10) standard capacity AR/M4 magazines directly from Magpul, and will be given immediate flat-rate $5 shipping, bypassing our current order queue.

Our customers outside of Colorado, please know that our PMAG production will continue at an ever-increasing rate until we do relocate, shipments to our distributors in other states will continue, and that we do not expect relocation to significantly impact PMAG production. We are also aware that Colorado is not the only state with existing or pending magazine capacity restrictions; we are working on programs for other affected states as well.

Full details and instructions will be announced when we are able to go live; please watch here for the coming announcement.

A Salt Weapon 02-27-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9447610)
I guess I did. Personally, I'm very leery of foreign ammo when it comes to the AR. The AK, OTOH, that's what it's made for.

I hear you, it is pretty hard to mess up small rifle ammo, corrosive could be bad if it was not known, even an overloaded cartridge in 5.56 will most likely just break your magazine ($6-$20). An out-of-battery misfire could damage the rifle, however that most likely wouldn't be the fault of the ammo.

The worst case it would damage your upper, (new one will set you back $100) your barrel ($100-200, unless it's a nice one and then you're probably not shooting cheap ammo through it), or your bolt, possibly the carrier ($30-$150). Even if it was possible to damage the lower ($100, but I've never seen a lower damaged by ammo).

That said any part that got damaged can be replaced for about $100, seeing how steel case can save $100+ per case, you'd have to be the unluckiest person on earth to even have one yet alone more than one ka-boom per thousand rounds.

The nice thing about the AR platform is everything is interchangeable, thus if something ever breaks it can be replaced easily and cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana 02-27-2013 10:43 PM

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/blazer-brass-115gr-9mm.html

CCI Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ 50rds 5200

$14.99
Availability: In stock

R8RFAN 02-28-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9449470)
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/blazer-brass-115gr-9mm.html

CCI Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ 50rds 5200

$14.99
Availability: In stock

Says in stock on the site but when you add to your cart it says out of stock

Bwana 02-28-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9449967)
Says in stock on the site but when you add to your cart it says out of stock

It was in stock, but deals like that last about 2-5 minutes. I post a lot of deals on here when I find them and most of the time, I just go back in here and do a hard delete on them when they sell out.

demonhero 02-28-2013 07:42 AM

:harumph: wolf ammo only goes into my less valued weapons.

unlurking 02-28-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonhero (Post 9450197)
:harumph: wolf ammo only goes into my less valued weapons.

My Mini-14 is not picky, and I'm looking forward to being able to shoot again. Been holding out since fall.

dred 02-28-2013 09:57 AM

Went and picked up a new optic to try out with the AR last night.

After sampling all of the Eotech's and a few other holographic setups I decided to go with a "Sight Mark Ultra Shot Pro spec" unit.

Anybody ever check these out?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5979/img1948ox.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8875/img1947dt.jpg

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9199/img1944o.jpg

Just waiting for my rear flip up site to come in and I should be set.

R8RFAN 02-28-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9450146)
It was in stock, but deals like that last about 2-5 minutes. I post a lot of deals on here when I find them and most of the time, I just go back in here and do a hard delete on them when they sell out.

:thumb:

dred 02-28-2013 08:43 PM

Still feeling giddy about the new 9mm I picked up earlier today.

Sig P226 Tac Ops. Came with 4x 20rd mags. :thumb:

The only friggin ammo they had left for a Luger was the damn Zombie rounds @ $19/box so I figured what the hell.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/658/sig3k.jpg

Tombstone RJ 02-28-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9447610)

I put brass through my AR, never the other stuff.