ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

Mr. Laz 07-03-2013 03:54 PM

Blair Kerkhoff ‏@BlairKerkhoff 9m
Butler Basketball twitter account @ButlerMBB reporting Brad Stevens is next coach of the Boston Celtics
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

chiefzilla1501 07-03-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9790960)
Celtics just named former Butler head coach Brad Stevens to same position.

Holy crap. Great move for both sides.

Worst case scenario for Stevens, he tanks as head coach in the NBA then sunsets into college bball where he'll undoubtedly be a hot candidate for a major D1 program.

LoneWolf 07-03-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9790966)
Holy crap. Great move for both sides.

Worst case scenario for Stevens, he tanks as head coach in the NBA then sunsets into college bball where he'll undoubtedly be a hot candidate for a major D1 program.

I thought he made a mistake by not going to a bigger program after his back-to-back finals, but I guess it has worked out well for him.

chiefzilla1501 07-03-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9790970)
I thought he made a mistake by not going to a bigger program after his back-to-back finals, but I guess it has worked out well for him.

I also love the evolution of the NBA. You have teams like Brooklyn and the Clippers stocking up on superstars. Boston looks like they're going to build a Grizzlies / Pacers type of model. That's the kind of team I see Stevens building -- team that is going to be crazy good on defense.

dirk digler 07-03-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9790962)
Blair Kerkhoff ‏@BlairKerkhoff 9m
Butler Basketball twitter account @ButlerMBB reporting Brad Stevens is next coach of the Boston Celtics
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Better than I expected. Now just don't trade Rondo

mcaj22 07-03-2013 04:45 PM

I think Rondo definitely gets traded

his ego is the size of Boston and there's no way he listens to Brad Stevens. This makes it easier to send him off and paint him as difficult for the young coach to work with

KG and Pierce kept him in line and even then it was tough with his clashes with Ray Allen and Doc Rivers. Those guys gone he wont listen to Stevens and will just look him off and call his own plays on the court.

Setsuna 07-03-2013 08:44 PM

The Heat get Leonard yet? Where did Noel go again?

KevB 07-03-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9791013)
I think Rondo definitely gets traded

his ego is the size of Boston and there's no way he listens to Brad Stevens. This makes it easier to send him off and paint him as difficult for the young coach to work with

KG and Pierce kept him in line and even then it was tough with his clashes with Ray Allen and Doc Rivers. Those guys gone he wont listen to Stevens and will just look him off and call his own plays on the court.

The problem the Celtics run into is that PG is the deepest position in the league. Not to mention, teams know Rondo is a PITA.

Pitt Gorilla 07-04-2013 07:33 PM

Kevin Martin headed to Minnesota. Hate it for both teams.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-04-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9793134)
Kevin Martin headed to Minnesota. Hate it for both teams.

He sucks, but it's funny that OKC is so afraid of luxury tax.

Pitt Gorilla 07-04-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9793140)
He sucks, but it's funny that OKC is so afraid of luxury tax.

I like the Wolves and the Thunder. Best case scenario involved the Thunder resigning him for a year or two to a reasonable contract. This feels like another Barrea deal for Minnesota.

RealSNR 07-04-2013 11:01 PM

Meh on Kevin Martin.

It's cool because at least he's a legit 2 that we haven't had since for ****ing ever. But if this prevents us from re-signing Pek, I'll be kind of pissed.

okcchief 07-05-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9793147)
I like the Wolves and the Thunder. Best case scenario involved the Thunder resigning him for a year or two to a reasonable contract. This feels like another Barrea deal for Minnesota.

Thats too much money for a player that no showed in big games. Id rather Reggie and Lamb get those minutes. Though I would to have like to have seen money on a better 3rd scoring option I'm sure as hell not sad over letting K Mart go for that money. If thry wanted to spend that money, which they obviously dont, they could spend it more wisely.

That will be an ok deal for the Wolves for a year or two but they will regret it after that.

Hammock Parties 07-06-2013 06:07 PM

mmm mmm mmm what a little asshole

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images...16e26bc89.jpeg

Setsuna 07-06-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9795577)

Don't fap too hard