ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Lakewood or Lee's Summit Lake... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307753)

Mr_Tomahawk 05-16-2017 06:39 AM

Lakewood or Lee's Summit Lake...

With the draft over, the football front is slow again. So time for a random thread topic.

Lakewood/Lee's Summit Lake; do you know anyone who lives on the lake?

How do they like it...?

Thoughts?

With my family being from Minnesota, I have always been drawn to those lakefront communities. There are very few within our metro region and I know little about this one. Just was looking for some stories.

Dartgod 05-16-2017 07:05 AM

I've never lived there but grew up in the area. There are three other lake communities in the Lee's Summit area. Raintree, Winnebago and Lotawana.

Lakewood and Raintree do not allow you to have private docks. Lotawana and Winnebago do. I spent quite a bit of time at Lotawana as a kid as my parents had friends that lived there. Then my parents lived at Winnebago for a few years, so pretty familiar with that lake too.

If it was me, I'd rather live at Lotawana or Winnebago. I will tell you that Lotawana is quite a bit older than the others and a lot of the houses there are up on hills or bluffs, making it more of a chore to get to the waters edge. Winnebago, Raintree and Loakewood are all "flatter" lots.

phisherman 05-16-2017 07:16 AM

You could also look into Prairie Lee Lake. It's just south of Lake Jacomo. There are very nice homes around it as well.

Dartgod 05-16-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 12874866)
You could also look into Prairie Lee Lake. It's just south of Lake Jacomo. There are very nice homes around it as well.

Damn, completely forgot about Prairie Lee. It's pretty small compared to the others though.

Dartgod 05-16-2017 07:20 AM

One other thing. I've never once heard Lakewood referred to as Lee's Summit Lake.

alpha_omega 05-16-2017 07:26 AM

Any idea which of those (if any) are skiable?

Good thread idea.

phisherman 05-16-2017 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12874869)
Damn, completely forgot about Prairie Lee. It's pretty small compared to the others though.

Yep, very small, very quiet. A real hidden gem.

Dartgod 05-16-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 12874878)
Any idea which of those (if any) are skiable?

Good thread idea.

All of them are, I believe. I know I have skied on Lotawana and Winnebago.

Also, I don't know about Lakewood or Raintree, but the others are good fishing lakes.

raybec 4 05-16-2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12874892)
All of them are, I believe. I know I have skied on Lotawana and Winnebago.

Also, I don't know about Lakewood or Raintree, but the others are good fishing lakes.

Raintree is an excellent fishing lake. No skiing though. We fish there a few times a year and always do pretty well.

chinaski 05-16-2017 07:42 AM

Prairie Lee was what came to mind for me as well. I used to fish that lake when I was a kid. My grandfather had a friend that lived on Lotawana. Isn't there another one off of 40 Hwy between Independence and Blue Springs? Tapawingo or something?

raybec 4 05-16-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 12874899)
Prairie Lee was what came to mind for me as well. I used to fish that lake when I was a kid. My grandfather had a friend that lived on Lotawana. Isn't there another one off of 40 Hwy between Independence and Blue Springs? Tapawingo or something?

Tapawingo is correct, the homes aren't nearly as nice as Raintree but you could do worse.

Spott 05-16-2017 07:49 AM

I grew up in Lee's Summit, but I've never heard of Lee's Summit lake. Is that new?

Dartgod 05-16-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 12874906)
I grew up in Lee's Summit, but I've never heard of Lee's Summit lake. Is that new?

I think he's referring to Lakewood, but I've never heard it called that.

ChiefsCountry 05-16-2017 08:22 AM

Or you could come to the real lakes - Lake of the Ozarks or over at sauto's Truman Lake.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-16-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12874944)
Or you could come to the real lakes - Lake of the Ozarks or over at sauto's Truman Lake.

Naw.

Too much hick.