ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The MEG (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315037)

Rasputin 04-22-2018 04:38 AM

The MEG

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RnrI78pdPo8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ooops wrong Meg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GGYXExfKhmo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

August 10 2018

Rasputin 07-29-2018 10:11 AM

How the ****ing did this not have any replies?

This is gonna be ****ing good

At least it's something to passissvive the time before Godzilla 2 comes out next year.

Rasputin 07-29-2018 10:14 AM

It even has Jason Statham

Fish 07-29-2018 10:15 AM

It's going to be awful. But there's like 8 Sharknado movies, so what the ****...

Bowser 07-29-2018 10:20 AM

I was on the main screen and I saw the top thread was The Meg with the last post by Fish. I laughed a little too hard at that. I need a hobby or something.

And yeah, if this movie gets seen by me, it will be on a day when I am home sick and channel surfing. Kind of surprised how many "name" people are in this thing, actually.

Rasputin 07-29-2018 10:28 AM

I wouldn't compare it to Sharknado but it's probably like Jaws on steroids.

srvy 07-29-2018 04:10 PM

I saw the trailer on tv the other day and the diver being nipped at and force of its jaws thrusting him back. I though why would this giant megalodon waste its valuable energy on what to it would be like a microscopic brine shrimp. I mean if there were like a thousand humans in the water it might get a snake by cruising through them like a whale or basking shark. A movie so stupid it might be a fun watch but be prepared for being dumbed done afterward.

Why Not? 07-29-2018 07:26 PM

I'll see it. I'm a sucker for any shark movie that looks halfway decent.

Al Bundy 07-29-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13649592)

I'm kind of excited to see it...

Bowser 07-29-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13649592)

I enjoyed The Shallows more than I thought I would, and that's not just because Blake Lively was in a bikini for 95% of it, either. I swear!

srvy 07-29-2018 09:34 PM

The Reef was pretty good.

Why Not? 07-29-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13649645)
I enjoyed The Shallows more than I thought I would, and that's not just because Blake Lively was in a bikini for 95% of it, either. I swear!

Lol.

Why Not? 07-29-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 13649642)
I'm kind of excited to see it...

I am as well. Definitely a fun summer movie

NJChiefsFan 07-29-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13649395)
I saw the trailer on tv the other day and the diver being nipped at and force of its jaws thrusting him back. I though why would this giant megalodon waste its valuable energy on what to it would be like a microscopic brine shrimp. I mean if there were like a thousand humans in the water it might get a snake by cruising through them like a whale or basking shark. A movie so stupid it might be a fun watch but be prepared for being dumbed done afterward.

Yeah shark week made fun of itself for the Megalodon episode a few years ago. Shark experts were tearing it to shreds. Definitely have to go into this movie just setting aside what these creatures would actually do. That being said this does look to have fun in a summer movie type of way.

Nzoner 07-30-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13648980)

And yeah, if this movie gets seen by me, it will be on a day when I am home sick and channel surfing. Kind of surprised how many "name" people are in this thing, actually.

Yep,not dropping a dime on this at the box office.

Predarat 08-02-2018 08:12 AM

I'm going to see it, read most of the books a while back then read some again recently. Hope its not a total shitshow.

InChiefsHeaven 08-02-2018 08:32 AM

This kinda looks fun in a rainy day rental kind of way.

Just Passin' By 08-02-2018 06:43 PM

Lots of Chinese money involved in this, and they're looking for it to make big money outside the U.S..

sully1983 08-02-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13657003)
Lots of Chinese money involved in this, and they're looking for it to make big money outside the U.S..

Yep. The budget is reportedly $150 million bucks:eek: no way they make that back domestically.

The trailer made it look pretty fun so I do hope its good/entertaining.

notorious 08-03-2018 11:14 AM

Syfy original with better SFX. I’m in for a home viewing.

Mile High Mania 08-03-2018 11:54 AM

That's definitely a PPV from home movie...

Rasputin 08-10-2018 02:38 AM

This is gonna be good its gonna be ****ing awesomeness.

Jerm 08-10-2018 08:15 AM

I used to be obsessed with the book series and still really enjoy it....was hoping for a more true adaption to the book.

I'm going to see it tonight, willing to give it a chance...

Gravedigger 08-10-2018 08:15 AM

Unless Jason Statham roundhouse kicks the shark, in it's face, then I'm out. At least Pirahna was smart enough to bring Kelly Brook and Gianna Michaels onboard to get viewers attention.

Fish 08-10-2018 08:35 AM

Sounds like the PG-13 rating hurt the movie...

Even Jason Statham is Bummed ‘The Meg’ Doesn’t Have the Blood and Gore He Signed Up For

Earlier this week, we posted a pretty crazy interview with The Meg director Jon Turteltaub, wherein he explained to us that his vision for the film was for it to be a gory, rated R shark attack flick. “I am so disappointed the film wasn’t more bloody or disgusting,” Turteltaub openly told us, adding “the number of really horrifying, disgusting and bloody deaths we had lined up that we didn’t get to do is tragic.”

Turteltaub actually filmed some gorier deaths, but during post-production the studio made the decision that The Meg would have to be a PG-13 film. So, well, bye bye gore.

“We shot or even did a lot of visual effects for [gory scenes],” Turteltaub explained. “We just realized there’s no way we’re keeping this PG-13 if we show this. It’s too fun a movie to not let people who don’t like blood and people who are under, say, 14 years old into the theater. I was very hesitant to cut out a lot of blood and gore.”

Sadly, the visual effects on those cut scenes weren’t ever finished, so we don’t expect to see them on home video. After all, it’d cost the studio millions to finish them. Sigh.

Crazy enough, star Jason Statham is now also speaking out about the original vision for The Meg being flushed down the toilet in favor of a PG-13 action-horror movie, telling Collider that the movie being released this weekend isn’t exactly the movie he signed up for.

“Script’s totally different,” Statham explained, talking about how much the movie changed after he originally came aboard. “There was so many different … sometimes you just go, “How did it happen? How did it go from this to this to this to that?” You just can’t keep a track on it. I guess if you have the control to keep it a certain way you would, but you don’t. They have a movie to make. They have so many people deciding on what action stays and what scenes stay. How the characters … In the end they want to put something at the beginning. The whole thing at the beginning where I do a rescue on a sub? That was not in the script that I read. That was all brand new stuff, good or bad. I’m just letting you know.”

He continued, “I’m just saying it was radically different. John’s interpretation of this is a fun end of summer [movie]. It’s full of humor. It’s a little bit more directed to a different taste of what my own is… I like more gory adult stuff. I’m a lot older but I can’t speak for what this film could possibly speak to a younger audience. I might have made a film that not many people wanted to see. I’m not a filmmaker. I’m sort of an actor that’s going to portray a role. I go there but I’ve learned not to get too attached with your own idea of what something could be.”

He adds, “But you go, Where’s the ****ing blood? It’s like, There’s a shark.”

[...]

Just Passin' By 08-10-2018 11:12 AM

It's currently at 51% on Rotten Tomatoes.

luv 08-10-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13668458)
I used to be obsessed with the book series and still really enjoy it....was hoping for a more true adaption to the book.

I'm going to see it tonight, willing to give it a chance...

I have no clue why people keep hoping a movie will more closely follow the book it's based off of. Very rarely does that happen. I go in expecting it to be different and hoping that I enjoy it for what it's worth.

NJChiefsFan 08-10-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13668975)
I have no clue why people keep hoping a movie will more closely follow the book it's based off of. Very rarely does that happen. I go in expecting it to be different and hoping that I enjoy it for what it's worth.

I think people want others to experience the great story the book gave them. That's usually what I am hoping for.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2018 12:47 PM

Looks like a damn Syfy original

luv 08-10-2018 01:30 PM

Boyfriend and I are having a date night tomorrow night. We had a little left on a gift card to Alamo Drafthouse, so we decided to go see this.

Jerm 08-10-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13668975)

I'm not always that way but almost every time, the book is superior to the movie so in certain cases it's warranted.

The book had an awesome story with some scenes that would've been incredible to see on the big screen and I was hoping to see that...I've been following the making of this movie for YEARS and have seen the ups and downs so of course I want a certain vision.

Like I said I'm still gonna watch it and give it a chance.

NJChiefsFan 08-11-2018 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13669337)
I'm not always that way but almost every time, the book is superior to the movie so in certain cases it's warranted.

The book had an awesome story with some scenes that would've been incredible to see on the big screen and I was hoping to see that...I've been following the making of this movie for YEARS and have seen the ups and downs so of course I want a certain vision.

Like I said I'm still gonna watch it and give it a chance.

Were the books really good?

Simply Red 08-11-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13668831)
It's currently at 51% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Piece of advice - don't ever use RT as a barometer. Use IMDB - RT is some bullshit and are normally wrong.

Fishpicker 08-12-2018 08:20 AM

saw this yesterday. 6/10

if the movie was 45 minutes shorter, Id rate it an 8.

notorious 08-12-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 13671280)
saw this yesterday. 6/10

if the movie was 45 minutes shorter, Id rate it an 8.

45 minutes?! LMAO

That’s a lot of filler.

Just Passin' By 08-13-2018 02:06 AM

Quote:

Adding to Hollywood's sizzling summer, the shark thriller "The Meg" opened well above expectations, with an estimated $44.5 million in ticket sales, while Spike Lee had his best debut in a decade.

"The Meg" had been forecast for closer to half that total. A U.S.-Chinese co-production between Warner Bros. and China's Gravity Pictures, it also opened well overseas, taking in $50.3 million in China and totaling $96.8 million internationally, according to studio estimates Sunday.
https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

SAGA45 08-13-2018 06:54 AM

Took my sons to see it. They enjoyed it which is the important part. For me, I thought the casting and writing was pretty bad, especially in terms of the little girl. I hate when writers give little 6-8 yr old kids 15-17 yr old lines. Attempts at humor failed repeatedly. However, the action was pretty good. Overall good popcorn flick.

Jerm 08-13-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13670197)
Were the books really good?

Ehhhh lol...I enjoyed them though and think the first esp. would've made a better movie than what we're getting.

Fish 08-13-2018 09:04 AM

Shut up, Meg!

https://i.imgur.com/9ZJnLAt.jpg

Rausch 08-13-2018 09:36 AM

I'm willing to bet Sam Jackson is in it and gets eaten by the 30 minute mark...

pugsnotdrugs19 08-13-2018 10:27 AM

It was what I expected it to be. Actually pretty scary on a few occasions. Enjoyable.

luv 08-13-2018 10:37 AM

Entertaining. There were parts where we laughed out loud, but most of the "suspenseful" scenes were pretty predictable. They also needed to make the "villain" someone you were really glad to see go. He was a little too likable, IMO.

Spoiler!

I'd said 3.5/5.

Rausch 08-13-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13672626)
It was what I expected it to be. Actually pretty scary on a few occasions. Enjoyable.

There you go.

It was fun.

Do you go to the theatre for fun or to have your mind blown?

If it's for fun, go...

Predarat 08-15-2018 09:51 AM

I liked it, better than (3 and 4) or as good as (2) the Jaws Sequals, was not expecting it to be as good as Jaws or the Meg book. Already knew several months ago there would be some changes from the book and already made peace with it after a few rants on the now defunct IMDB Message Board. Really enjoyed it on a big screen in 3D too, the underwater scenes felt like an aquarium. Going to re read the books, especially the revised version of the Meg with Origins in print instead of NOOK form. Hoping for a sequel, uncut BluRey/DVD and a The Loch movie. Probably asking too much lol. Last but not least, HEY MICKEY!

Jerm 08-15-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 13675293)
I liked it, better than (3 and 4) or as good as (2) the Jaws Sequals, was not expecting it to be as good as Jaws or the Meg book. Already knew several months ago there would be some changes from the book and already made peace with it after a few rants on the now defunct IMDB Message Board. Really enjoyed it on a big screen in 3D too, the underwater scenes felt like an aquarium. Going to re read the books, especially the revised version of the Meg with Origins in print instead of NOOK form. Hoping for a sequel, uncut BluRey/DVD and a The Loch movie. Probably asking too much lol. Last but not least, HEY MICKEY!

Now we're talking lol....

Rasputin 08-18-2018 08:42 PM

I enjoyed it in 3D probably made it better that way but most movies I don't care to see in 3D. I love sharks so seeing the megalodon in 3D was pretty bad ass but of course the movie could have been better I just found myself rooting for the shark not the people.

Predarat 08-23-2018 03:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_sOerTIZ7o

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i_sOerTIZ7o" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just Passin' By 08-25-2018 11:29 AM

This movie is getting it done at the box office, through two weeks.

$130m production budget

Total grosses:
Domestic: $95,570,646
Foreign: $273,300,000
Worldwide: $368,870,646

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...ntfilm2018.htm

Rasputin 08-25-2018 02:17 PM

I enjoyed The Meg but it could have been so much better can't recommend nor discourage for anyone to go see it.

Just Passin' By 09-02-2018 11:17 PM

Currently sitting at $462,816,416, worldwide.

GloryDayz 09-03-2018 05:53 AM

It was cool.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

notorious 09-03-2018 08:30 AM

Kids and I watched it and they liked it. It was decent.

Not gory at all. Kids are fine to watch the movie short of one dismembered arm floating in the water.

Why Not? 09-03-2018 08:37 AM

It was exactly what is was supposed to be. A fun, summer movie.

Rasputin 09-05-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13706010)
Kids and I watched it and they liked it. It was decent.

Not gory at all. Kids are fine to watch the movie short of one dismembered arm floating in the water.

I love gory movies and all but wasn't disappointed i mean the shark has a big mouth and swallows bodies whole & doesn't even have to chew it's food.

Just Passin' By 09-11-2018 12:36 AM

Worldwide: $492,037,101

Wow! This movie's going to bring in more than half a billion dollars.

GloryDayz 09-11-2018 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13724130)
Worldwide: $492,037,101

Wow! This movie's going to bring in more than half a billion dollars.

:clap::clap::clap:

That's awesome. A movie that's exciting and not political is just what the people want.