ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bloodborne (PS4) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291560)

Gonzo 03-30-2015 12:34 AM

Well, hate to admit it but I've been grinding trying to level up before facing the first boss. I got up to level 18 and I still can't quite get it done. I think my timing is off.
I've got to research a bit.

millz 03-30-2015 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11410059)
PS this game is scary as ****.

Yeah I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on this. You are making me want it, I've never played dark souls though.

How do the graphics and framerate look

Buck 03-30-2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 11410128)
Yeah I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on this. You are making me want it, I've never played dark souls though.

How do the graphics and framerate look

Graphics are ok. Frame rate sucks.

Mother****erJones 03-30-2015 09:01 AM

I'll be trying to beat the first boss tonight. I know I need 10 molotovs that'll help a lot. Then be patient strike and dodge

Mother****erJones 03-30-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11410224)
Graphics are ok. Frame rate sucks.

Frame rate does seem to stutter at times. I don't know if it's something they can put a patch out for but I hope they do.

QuikSsurfer 03-30-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11410122)
Well, hate to admit it but I've been grinding trying to level up before facing the first boss. I got up to level 18 and I still can't quite get it done. I think my timing is off.
I've got to research a bit.

You need to adjust your strategy.. You are way over leveled to be having trouble with him.
He really is one of the easier bosses in the game. :)

Sassy Squatch 03-30-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11410056)
I've never really cared about trophies before this game. Actually I just bought the PS4 last month so I haven't really had trophies. Anyway, every time I beat a boss I like looking at what percent of the player base has as well. It's pretty fascinating.

I've beat 7 so far not including dungeon bosses and here are the percentage for each.

1st - 63.3% (wow, over 1/3 of players gave up before even beating boss 1)
2nd - 54.2%
3rd - 33.5%
4th - 24.9%
5th - 19.9%
6th - 13.6%
7th - ???
8th - 10.4%

I accidentally found out I skipped a boss but I'll get to him later. Boss 5 and 6 were the easiest by far. I didn't die to either of those. Boss 4 and 8 were the hardest by far.

I didn't want to post their names in case anyone considers it a spoiler.

I feel proud knowing I've done something that only 10% of players have done so far. I have a couple more trophies that are even more rare but I got lucky finding hidden paths that led to objects giving me those. Beating the bosses is something to be more proud about.

You can do the bosses in different orders so I don't know for sure which ones you're talking about, but I think I have a pretty damn good idea.

Spoiler!

I've knocked off 12 bosses so far.

Mother****erJones 03-30-2015 01:22 PM

You don't even have to level up before facing the boss. Just be patient and don't let him kick your ass lol I'll be trying this afternoon

millz 03-30-2015 01:46 PM

I have a gamestop gift card but I think I may just wait till this goes down in price. It looks very intriguing, difficult and a breath of fresh air but it may be too difficult for me and I don't know if I would find the time or patience to put that much dedication in it. It's not that I don't like it. I'm just scared I won't put the work in that you guys are

Sassy Squatch 03-30-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 11410699)
I have a gamestop gift card but I think I may just wait till this goes down in price. It looks very intriguing, difficult and a breath of fresh air but it may be too difficult for me and I don't know if I would find the time or patience to put that much dedication in it. It's not that I don't like it. I'm just scared I won't put the work in that you guys are

It really isn't that difficult once you break old gaming habits. The combat system is ****ing wonky and goes against any game I've ever played before (haven't played much of these kind of games so that may just be me.) The tutorial is nonexistent as well so it kind of just starts the game up, slaps you on the ass and says "good luck figuring it out, bitch".

Buck 03-30-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 11410417)
You can do the bosses in different orders so I don't know for sure which ones you're talking about, but I think I have a pretty damn good idea.

Spoiler!

I've knocked off 12 bosses so far.

Spoiler!

Mother****erJones 03-30-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 11410875)
It really isn't that difficult once you break old gaming habits. The combat system is ****ing wonky and goes against any game I've ever played before (haven't played much of these kind of games so that may just be me.) The tutorial is nonexistent as well so it kind of just starts the game up, slaps you on the ass and says "good luck figuring it out, bitch".

exactly ROFL I've never played this style. I was lost but just took a small amount of time to research it and I'm fine now. I still struggle some but to be expected for me.

Gonzo 03-31-2015 09:09 AM

I kicked the Clerics ass last night. Finally got some time to really immerse myself in the world. How ****ing awesome is this game? Extremely. That's how ****ing awesome. This game makes you one nervous sonbitch when you travel to far from home. I love the fact that after you beat him, a plethora of weapons open up. Oh, FYI... The hammer sucks. It's very difficult to use and enemies adapt to your fighting style. I traded in the threaded cane for the axe and I already had the badass saw thing. I can't wait to get that sword. I'm finding new shit all over the place. The game really opens up and becomes better and better as you go.

From Software was so ****ing smart timing this release when they did. How many newbies to the genre are they going to get with that decision???
I'd expect to see a huge spike in sales on the other souls games here really quick.

Sassy Squatch 03-31-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11411828)
I kicked the Clerics ass last night. Finally got some time to really immerse myself in the world. How ****ing awesome is this game? Extremely. That's how ****ing awesome. This game makes you one nervous sonbitch when you travel to far from home. I love the fact that after you beat him, a plethora of weapons open up. Oh, FYI... The hammer sucks. It's very difficult to use and enemies adapt to your fighting style. I traded in the threaded cane for the axe and I already had the badass saw thing. I can't wait to get that sword. I'm finding new shit all over the place. The game really opens up and becomes better and better as you go.

From Software was so ****ing smart timing this release when they did. How many newbies to the genre are they going to get with that decision???
I'd expect to see a huge spike in sales on the other souls games here really quick.

They'll be disappointed then. Apparently the Souls game have a much slower and more methodical pace, where defense is best. This game, there effectively is no defense outside of parries. Bosses in the Souls games are also way harder (shudder).

Mother****erJones 03-31-2015 11:23 AM

I'll get the cleric done tonight. I have just been getting used to the game and roaming. I almost had him last night.