ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anyone else have this really, really bad feeling... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266569)

Chiefnj2 11-13-2012 10:05 AM

If Clark sits in a room full of football people and everyone tells him this years QB class is sub-par and nobody has graded out as a top 10 pick, why do people think Clark is going to insist on a QB?

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9114926)
I'd put the chances of drafting a 1st round QB at about 30%.

That sounds about right to me.

King_Chief_Fan 11-13-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114907)
It's all predicated on having no faith in management. Poor managers make poor decisions all the time. I wouldn't be surprised, not in the least, if we didn't take a QB with out #1 pick; especially if our pick is outside the top 4 (which I think it will be).

So long as Pioli is here I have no faith he'll make the right decision.

We know Pioli's ability on picking QB's...........Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi
I don't think I want him picking out a pair of socks let alone a QB.

Molitoth 11-13-2012 10:06 AM

I know we will have a new coach and a new QB...
What really worries me is WHAT coach wants to work for Pioli? Probably not any good ones. NE or Cleveland castoffs?
What QB is Pioli going to draft? A play-it-safe, don't turn the ball over QB that doesn't throw it past 10 yards?

Pioli is the root of the problem here.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9114930)
If Clark sits in a room full of football people and everyone tells him this years QB class is sub-par and nobody has graded out as a top 10 pick, why do people think Clark is going to insist on a QB?

Also, he has Schottenheimer as his advisor. Marty doesn't buy new QBs. He buys used ones.

SAUTO 11-13-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114937)
Also, he has Schottenheimer as his advisor. Marty doesn't buy new QBs. He buys used ones.

Go suck some cock.

Again.
Posted via Mobile Device

bobbything 11-13-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114937)

Philip Rivers disagrees.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114958)
Philip Rivers disagrees.

Oh yeah.... good point. :thumb:

POND_OF_RED 11-13-2012 10:21 AM

Good. Manti Te'o will help this team more than Smith or Barkley will. Hali and Houston on the outside with Te'o and Johnson in the middle. That has potential to be the best linebacking group in the NFL. I'll take that anyday over a spread QB or a USC QB.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9114989)
Good. Manti Te'o will help this team more than Smith or Barkley will. Hali and Houston on the outside with Te'o and Johnson in the middle. That has potential to be the best linebacking group in the NFL. I'll take that anyday over a spread QB or a USC QB.

We need leadership above all else. Ideally, we need a QB that can lead but if there isn't one there, I can definately see taking the #1defensive leader prospect.

SAUTO 11-13-2012 10:25 AM

God damn there are a shit ton of morans around here lately
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher 11-13-2012 10:27 AM

prolly already been posted but i was watching NFLN earlier and on the bottom line headlines ticker i saw that Marty has been talking with the Hunts about a role of some capacity with the Chiefs.

bobbything 11-13-2012 10:27 AM

Not only would I draft a QB, I'd probably take another one in the 2nd round and then trade for, or if one becomes available in FA, a vet in the off season. I would then give Quinn and Cassel their papers.

I want real competition in here.

Stanzi can stay just because I have no reason to hate him. He can stay as long as he wants as the 3rd stringer.

bobbything 11-13-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9114999)
prolly already been posted but i was watching NFLN earlier and on the bottom line headlines ticker i saw that Marty has been talking with the Hunts about a role of some capacity with the Chiefs.

I wonder what this means. Honestly, do you actually see Pioli taking advice from Marty? Especially as a consultant?

Nothing says "I have confidence in my GM" like hiring a consultant to give advice to your GM.

Dayze 11-13-2012 10:30 AM

Marty will gell Clark we can win with a running game, and defense.

we're screwed.