ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV SHARKNADO (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274461)

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-11-2013 10:38 PM

LMAO Awful.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-12-2013 12:41 AM

Holy ****. It really was on. **** syfy.

AustinChief 07-12-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9806644)
As it turns out, I've met the director/screenwriter recently because he's good friends with another producing team I know.

This movie was done on a $1 million dollar budget. Mr. Clean commercials cost $1.5-$2 million dollars and don't get this kind of buzz.

But in all honesty, it was ridiculously hilarious, which I think was the point.

ok pitch him this idea... a hurricane hits brazil along the Amazon river... sweeping up swarms of piranha that are deposited in columbia. Drug lords versus giant waves of piranha in the air! Too derivative? ok ok how about a meteor hits Peru launching thousands of llama into the atmosphere then they fall to earth in Texas as mutated radioactive monster llama (with beaks for eating honey)!!!

It's sure to be a hit!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES IT'S A LLAMA!

DaneMcCloud 07-12-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9806828)
ok pitch him this idea... a hurricane hits brazil along the Amazon river... sweeping up swarms of piranha that are deposited in columbia. Drug lords versus giant waves of piranha in the air! Too derivative? ok ok how about a meteor hits Peru launching thousands of llama into the atmosphere then they fall to earth in Texas as mutated radioactive monster llama (with beaks for eating honey)!!!

It's sure to be a hit!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES IT'S A LLAMA!

LMAO

What's hilarious is that this dopey $1 million dollar budgeted movie took over Twitter tonight and probably brought massive ratings to SyFy.

AustinChief 07-12-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9806829)
LMAO

What's hilarious is that this dopey $1 million dollar budgeted movie took over Twitter tonight and probably brought massive ratings to SyFy.

Dude I don't doubt it at all. It's absurd enough to get talked about and the buzz on something like this is priceless. I find it hard to believe it only had a million dollar budget though. Did they not have to pay the sharks scale?

DaneMcCloud 07-12-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9806830)
Dude I don't doubt it at all. It's absurd enough to get talked about and the buzz on something like this is priceless. I find it hard to believe it only had a million dollar budget though. Did they not have to pay the sharks scale?

Did you by chance see it? The sharks at the toy store are more convincing!

:D

Predarat 07-12-2013 07:48 AM

They should not have killed off that surfer girl at the beginning of the movie, she was the best of all of them.

-King- 07-12-2013 01:41 PM

I'M TIRED OF THESE MOTHER****ING SHARKS IN THIS MOTHER****ING TORNADO!

KCUnited 07-12-2013 02:13 PM

I have this dvr'd to watch later tonight, does the lack of exposed tits drag this thing down as much as I'm expecting?

Pasta Little Brioni 07-12-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9806595)
****!

I missed the Ferris Wheel scene!

I am disappoint

Sure-Oz 07-12-2013 08:48 PM

DVR'ed this and watched part of it....Twitter made this epic. Hilarious

notorious 07-12-2013 08:53 PM

ESPN radio talked about this movie all day.

JFC

Mojo Jojo 07-12-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9808251)
ESPN radio talked about this movie all day.

JFC

Morning Joe on MSNBC led with this story this morning. Ahead of Zimmerman, Snowden etc.

Deberg_1990 07-12-2013 10:45 PM

This movie was water cooler talk at the office today.

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2013 09:18 PM

Encore Thursday night.

I got the entire scoop on this film tonight. Suffice to say, no one expected this thing to blow up, especially on the "final" budget, which was well below a million after all the screenplay drafts and directors that were onboard and later dropped out.

And yet, a sequel is not even close to a lock. It has to do with the fact that SyFy contracted out ten films at a certain rate, then hired people to create films based on that money, etc. No one even knows who actually has the rights to a sequel at this point.

Typical.