ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's 2014 Chiefs Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275310)

Chiefshrink 08-21-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9886072)
Possibly true. Some of the players from Utah colleges currently in the NFL:

Utah:

Zane Beadles, Eric Weddle, Steve Smith, Alex Smith, Jordan Gross, Paul Kruger, Sione Pouhe, Matt Asiata, Brice McCain, Sean Smith, Koa Misi, David Reed, Robert Johnson, Tony Bergstrom

BYU:

Dennis Pitta, Ziggy Ansah, Brett Keisel, John Denney, Matt & Dallas Reynolds

Utah State:

Jarrett Bush, Will Davis, Donald Penn, Robert Turbin, Bobby Wagner

Actually, I threw the McGill pick in there just to be funny, as I really haven't seen him do much because of his shoulder injury last season. However, Van Noy and Hoffman are the real deal. We could do a lot worse than either one of those players.

You forgot John Tait !!! Another so called LT that was really a RT taken in the first round:rolleyes:

Saccopoo 08-21-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9904252)
You forgot John Tait !!! Another so called LT that was really a RT taken in the first round:rolleyes:

I did mention "current" NFL players, however, if Fisher ends up being as good as Tait was, I'll take it.

Tait was as good at his position as anyone in the NFL during his career, and it was his departure that really started the downslide for the Chiefs offense. The guys brought in to replace him (Welbourne, Turley, Black, etc.) were all miserable.

Nightfyre 08-21-2013 09:25 PM

Maybe Sac should do an all-Utah mock every yearto get it out of his system and then do a real mock.

Chiefshrink 08-22-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9904252)

You missed my point. RTs no matter how good they are shouldn't go in the 1st rd. Tait was to be our LTotf and didn't pan out. Now with that being said who else was still there for the taking at his spot at 12 or 13th I think it was??

Saccopoo 08-22-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9906095)
You missed my point. RTs no matter how good they are shouldn't go in the 1st rd. Tait was to be our LTotf and didn't pan out. Now with that being said who else was still there for the taking at his spot at 12 or 13th I think it was??

Nobody.

Tait had as good an NFL career as anyone in the 1999 Draft outside of Champ Bailey.

In hindsight, the only two guys I might have taken over Tait in that draft who were available was Joey Porter (3rd rd, #73) and Donald Driver (7th rd, #213).

RealSNR 08-22-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9906955)
Nobody.

Tait had as good an NFL career as anyone in the 1999 Draft outside of Champ Bailey.

In hindsight, the only two guys I might have taken over Tait in that draft who were available was Joey Porter (3rd rd, #73) and Donald Driver (7th rd, #213).

"See? I TOLD you guys!"

http://worldonline.media.clients.ell...082bf6ded075dc

Mav 08-23-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9886178)
Sammy Watkins should be our first round pick if he's available

He is such a BEAST.

CoMoChief 08-24-2013 09:48 AM

love the first pick.

need to trade Hali in the offseason if at all possible.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-24-2013 10:35 PM

WE'RE NOT WEARING THE UNDERWEAR!

L.A. Chieffan 08-26-2013 02:36 PM

What a clown mock. i didnt waste five seconds of my life on that praise jesus

Red Chum 08-26-2013 02:51 PM

This draft is horrible. Not one SEC player?

Saccopoo 08-26-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9917161)
This draft is horrible. Not one SEC player?

My point exactly.

Okay, Mr. Chum...who should the Chiefs draft in 2014 out of the SEC? Which player, which round would make you happy that they just drafted someone from that conference. I mean, we all know that the SEC is the end all, be all of college football and the Chiefs never need to look anywhere else for draft prospects.

I guess that you could make an argument for Alabama's Adrian Hubbard over BYU's Van Noy, but I personally don't think he's as good as Van Noy being slow off the line and really not a penetrator.

jd1020 08-26-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9917351)
My point exactly.

Okay, Mr. Chum...who should the Chiefs draft in 2014 out of the SEC? Which player, which round would make you happy that they just drafted someone from that conference. I mean, we all know that the SEC is the end all, be all of college football and the Chiefs never need to look anywhere else for draft prospects.

I guess that you could make an argument for Alabama's Adrian Hubbard over BYU's Van Noy, but I personally don't think he's as good as Van Noy being slow off the line and really not a penetrator.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9910321)
love the first pick.

Need more evidence?

Saccopoo 09-01-2013 04:23 PM

A little tidbit on Fuller from the first game of the season versus the almighty Crimson Tide:

Quote:

Alabama safety Hasean Clinton-Dix and Virginia Tech cornerback Antone Exum dominated the buzz entering the game, but it was Hokies cornerback Kyle Fuller who stood out Saturday, intercepting one pass from AJ McCarron and knocking down multiple others in the 35-10 loss.

Often drawing one on one matchups against star wideout Amari Cooper, the 6-0, 190-pound Fuller showed better-than-advertised closing speed as well as excellent timing and hand-eye coordination to rip the ball away on several well-placed passes.

The interception came with Alabama leading 21-7 midway through the second quarter. Fuller initially lined up 8 yards off of Alabama junior DeAndre White, before reading McCarron's eyes and cutting in front of the junior wideout to snatch away the ball. Fuller weaved for 11 yards before being tackled. Virginia Tech kicked a field goal shortly thereafter in what wound up being their final points.

While Fuller's impressive evening against the defending champs is sure to gain kudos with scouts, his name is far from unknown to talent evaluators. Fuller is one of four brothers who have played for the Hokies.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2013 04:26 PM

I'll take another Hokie DB, please.