ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Are the Jets an option for Geno trade? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271987)

Dante84 04-11-2013 07:50 AM

Are the Jets an option for Geno trade?

Not trying to break any ground here, just some quick thoughts on if this is an option:

The Jets have absolute shit at QB. They have the 9th, and probably the 13th if the Revis-to-Tampa deal goes down. They can probably get more value from the two firsts, but anything can happen. Especially if they think there will be a QB run in the top 10 picks that will take 2-3 of the top guys out of the running.

Has there been any rumored interest in Geno from the Jets?

For the record, I want Geno; I just think we end up trading down.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-11-2013 08:54 AM

LOL....an hour later and no comments.

This board can't wait for till the 25th. LMAO

Molitoth 04-11-2013 08:55 AM

I still think they go with Sanchez for 1 more year.
and they are stuck with Tebow.

If Sanchez sucks, Tebow will get his shot this year.

Dante84 04-11-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9577469)
LOL....an hour later and no comments.

This board can't wait for till the 25th. LMAO

I assumed this thread would go over like a wet fart on a bike ride.

I'm still curious. I just wish I could sleep until the 25th (my birthday!) and then have all my questions answered.

Dante84 04-11-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9577476)
I still think they go with Sanchez for 1 more year.
and they are stuck with Tebow.

If Sanchez sucks, Tebow will get his shot this year.

And Rex gets fired.

Direckshun 04-11-2013 09:08 AM

I think that's incredibly unlikely, to be honest.

Chiefnj2 04-11-2013 09:12 AM

Nobody is an option for a Geno trade unless he slips past 20.

QB's always gain steam the closer to draft day - except this year. In the eyes of real GMs and scouts apparently these guys suck.

Nobody is getting hot. It's amazing to me that guys like Ponder, Locker, Weeden and Tannehill were able to gain momentum but nobody in this draft class can. I wish someone would leak a real teams scouting report on Smith, Barkley and Nassib. My gut tells me it would read a lot more like the guy from PFW than the niceties stated in other reports.

The Franchise 04-11-2013 09:19 AM

Probably not.

oldandslow 04-11-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9577536)

QB's always gain steam the closer to draft day - except this year. In the eyes of real GMs and scouts apparently these guys suck.

Nobody is getting hot. It's amazing to me that guys like Ponder, Locker, Weeden and Tannehill were able to gain momentum but nobody in this draft class can. I wish someone would leak a real teams scouting report on Smith, Barkley and Nassib. My gut tells me it would read a lot more like the guy from PFW than the niceties stated in other reports.

And I suspect you are right. Just a really bad year to be #1.

sd4chiefs 04-11-2013 09:30 AM

I think we need a Geno forum until draft day so that we don't have 20 new Geno threads started every day in the Lounge forum.

Imon Yourside 04-11-2013 09:35 AM

No, he's the Chiefs pick at 1.

ForeverChiefs58 04-11-2013 09:39 AM

The jets also had the #1 pick the year Peyton decided to go back for his senior year. Ended up being a bad time to have the #1 pick. I can't even imagine :(

TEX 04-11-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9577536)

I agree - except I think Barkley will end up being the best pro out of the bunch. That might not be saying much.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-11-2013 10:36 AM

Can't WAIT to see Geno in red and gold, baby!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 04-11-2013 10:38 AM

They just have too much shit going on with the QB position right now to draft another QB that high. imo.

That said ... the jets have done a lot of stupid things so anything is possible.