ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Economics Dow plunges more than 800 points (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318101)

BleedingRed 10-10-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13805743)
not all of them are THAT stupid


compared to a lot of you , I am one of the more "liberal" people here....


I dont like trump, never wanted him....but


I accept he is m,y president and I support him and my country and I hope the best for him and the economy etc




People like this dipshit are the exception...sadly...a loud / vocal minority

Agreed, and I apologize to liberals such as you. Unfortunately it looks like a vocal minority has taken hold of the Democratic Party which is a shame.

But don't worry he think Democrats can win a civil war if it happened again.

Any liberal who seriously thinks they could win a real civil war is retarded.

digger 10-10-2018 04:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Call when it hits 20K...

bsp4444 10-10-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 13805423)
All you need to know about liberals and why I'm at the point of hoping they all die from aids

Because wanting people to die is sooo much better than wanting political gain from the stock market. You’re a punk.

Bowser 10-10-2018 04:58 PM

Three things I've learned about OH from this thread -

1) He doesn't understand economics

2) He hates Trump maybe more today than he did yesterday or the days before that

C) I absolutely need to get OH into a poker game one day

Pawnmower 10-10-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 13805785)
Agreed, and I apologize to liberals such as you. Unfortunately it looks like a vocal minority has taken hold of the Democratic Party which is a shame.
.

I totally agree....

I think both parties have big problems with extreme elements. I haven't belonged to a party since Bush was president

eDave 10-10-2018 05:28 PM

Yea dude; you may not like what Trump does but it's already done. Best to wish it well rather than to fail. And certainly not out of spite as failure hurts everyone.

Save it for an "I told you so".

Peace out.

BucEyedPea 10-10-2018 05:35 PM

As I was saying....
 
As the Federal Reserve tightens monetary policy with its steady pace of interest rate hikes, President Donald Trump continues to criticize the central bank.

“I think the Fed has gone crazy,” President Donald Trump said. Trump made the remarks after stepping off Air Force One in Erie, Pennsylvania, where he is due to hold a “Make America Great Again” rally.

His comments follow a volatile day of trading in the stock markets. At market close on Wednesday, the Dow (^DJI) lost 3.15%, or 831.83 points, and the S&P 500 (^GSPC) fell 3.29%, or 94.66 points.

Experts attribute at least some of the decline to the recent rapid rise in Treasury yields.

“I think the Fed is making a mistake,” Trump said according to CNBC. “They are so tight.”

As far as the market selloff itself is concerned, Trump didn’t seem too surprised.

“It’s a correction that we’ve been waiting for for a long time,” he said. “But I really disagree with what the Fed is doing.”
The thing is the Fed is doing the right thing here because these have been way too low, screwing the the fundamentals in the economy. When Bill Clinton took Greenspan to lunch he did so for having the Fed lower interest rates so his economy under his admin would look good. The results were the .dotcom bubble/burst, the recession Bush inherited and then it started again resulting in the crash of 2007/08 but the entire 16 year prior was due to loose monetary policy of the Fed. Everyone, loves an artificially stimulated economy. It's just not popular to do otherwise. It needs correction.

BucEyedPea 10-10-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13805980)
Yea dude; you may not like what Trump does but it's already done. Best to wish it well rather than to fail. And certainly not out of spite as failure hurts everyone.

Save it for an "I told you so".

Peace out.

No you didn't. I told you so under Obama and earlier. It has nothing to do with regulations being lifted.

BucEyedPea 10-10-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 13805685)
Why the **** is this good? Yeah, I'm not a fan of the current administration but I'm less of a fan of people's money getting lost.

What are they losing? Nothing really. They're losing it all on paper—the way they made it.

Pfft!

BucEyedPea 10-10-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 13805717)
ROFL

It's always the former president's for the first year unless you do something to affect it. Trump passed the tax cut, it's been Trump's ever since. It's "corrected" itself twice since then.

Nope. Tax cuts put more money into the economy for business and individuals. This is not a correction of that. It's a correction of loose Federal Reserve monetary policy which happened under Obama. Ron Paul has been saying this since then and said this was coming over a year ago. He was one of the few that predicted the financial crisis of 2007/08 for the same reasons and causes.

So for all that QE, cheap credit and money printing so the govt under Obama could pay back it's massive borrowing for things like bailouts, health care, and more wars abroad with cheaper dollars, the next guy can inherit the correction—just like Bush did from Clinton's easy money and credit low interest rates. The thing is under the easy money during Obama's admin—he still could only manage 2% growth.

BucEyedPea 10-10-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 13805746)
Just out of curiosity, is there anything you haven’t said before?

You can confirm I said this and get your question answered at the same time by using the search here. Don't take my word for it.
You weren't here for most of Obama's time in office. I can't help that.

Since, it's not a real question but meant to be snark and rhetorical, I know you won't.

NinerDoug 10-10-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13806027)
You can confirm I said this and get your question answered at the same time by using the search here. Don't take my word for it.
You weren't here for most of Obama's time in office. I can't help that.

Since, it's not a real question but meant to be snark and rhetorical, I know you won't.

Well, sorry, but you just seem to get really upset if someone posts something you claim to have said 500 posts back, and you really like to take credit for having said each and everything before.

So, I'm just wondering, maybe you have said everything there is to say at one time or another. Is that the case?

BucEyedPea 10-10-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13805468)
any drop is gonna be blamed on the trade tariffs.


Yahoo isn't doing that.

Quote:

they are highly unpopular and trump can get ****ed until he lifts them.
Unpopular to those benefitting most from them—most of whom are the rich and wealthy or multi-national corporations, who you claim to hate.

HonestChieffan 10-10-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13806015)
Nope. Tax cuts put more money into the economy for business and individuals. This is not a correction of that. It's a correction of loose Federal Reserve monetary policy which happened under Obama. Ron Paul has been saying this since then and said this was coming over a year ago. He was one of the few that predicted the financial crisis of 2007/08 for the same reasons and causes.

So for all that QE, cheap credit and money printing so the govt under Obama could pay back it's massive borrowing for things like bailouts, health care, and more wars abroad with cheaper dollars, the next guy can inherit the correction—just like Bush did from Clinton's easy money and credit low interest rates. The thing is under the easy money during Obama's admin—he still could only manage 2% growth.

No.

Its not a "correction"

It has **** all to do with Ron Paul and his voodoo shit.

We had a day. A Day. when the market moved 3%..

Jesus you are so out of touch with reality.

BucEyedPea 10-10-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13805464)
And if interest rates didn't start to get back up with us reaching near full employment, the inflationary impact would've been brutal.

Now inflation is great news for the nuts on the left; it devalues wealth in the hands of the evil upper class while simultaneously pushing up minimum wages in the majority of states that now have CPI inflators. Inflation's a great thing for them because, well, they're stupid.

But for everyone else, they know that you can't just keep it in the red line without blowing the engine. There has to be a bit of a governor here to avoid serious inflationary shock.

Pretty much 'Macro-economics 101' shit here but there's no real surprise that Oaklandhater whiffs on it.

Dope-on-a-Rope is like Soap-on-a-Rope Opera.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.